PDA

View Full Version : Memory cards...yet again

Dillon133
Aug 4, 2004, 09:19 PM
im not new too pso at all but i read all these things people write on all these third party memory cards people really c-rappy- but most people never really state most of the ones they think suck im using a 8 MP pelican i think and i know which game companys suck like perfomance but ive never had problems with pelican products i got alot os GBSP things and their all fine so i thought it would be a reliable card to use but everyones freaking me out and makeing me want to transfer all my stuff to a new card with new charecters could someone tell me which "third party memory cards they have hadvent had any problems with to maybe make me feel better XP cause your all scaring me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif i would really like to play on the pc version but everywhere i have checked i cant find a site selling the game and of course gamestop around here is no help could someone tell me a link also to the computer version like...where to buy it then i wont have to worry about this horrible memory card problem:argh:
thanks in adavance : P

Dillon133
Aug 5, 2004, 07:42 PM
and im going to be playing online soon and wondered if you can get that fsod thing people talk about what happens when it does that and will comcast ever do it i read that post on how to fix it but i...dont understand it too many majorly fatal problems to this game keeps making me want to quit i just got perm banned from a game id been playing for almost a full year (ragnarokonline..dont play it the gms will ban you perm for no just cause),so i know what it feels like to lose countless hours of work and would rather not deal with that a third time cause i have lost my data because of other cards i used to use and one was erased by my brother :'c

Rich_T
Aug 6, 2004, 01:07 PM
slow down there, too many questions, not enough paragraphs.

for best results use an official memory card, these are less likely to corupt.
as PSO writes/reads the memory card frequently online, errors in the compresion methods used in thrid party memory cards can cause problems.
when online the game sves, when you go online, enter a lobby join/start a game ( double save) remove items from the bank, visit the shops, start a game and so on.

FSODs and stuff
these are rare, but can be a pain, but with a bit of care the problems asociated with them can be reduced:
only carry the items you need for each game, if you get an FSOd all unequiped stuff will usualy be deleted.
after powering down form an FSOd without saving, start an offline game, and check your inventory, sometimes you wont lose your items this way.

KAMIKAZI
Aug 9, 2004, 09:41 PM
For the PSO for PC are you talking about BB im pretty sure you have to dl that fomr thier site <google it i odnt know it of the top of my head>