PDA

View Full Version : What... the heck is wrong with you two!

anwserman
Aug 5, 2004, 02:25 AM
A rant about parents, yes another one.

Don't you hate it when they get all "We feel guilty for leaving you at home?" and then act less then full-blown emo on you?

Today was the perfect example. I knew from last week that my parents were going out of town today, and they knew two weeks ago that I was going to Duluth, MN tomorrow. No big deal, except that my plans weren't finalized until after they left.

So, I was reading the newspaper on the couch and my mom sits down next to me and gives me a big hug and asks me if I want to go down to Green Bay with them.

"Jeff, do you want to go down to Green Bay with us?"
"No, not really."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Well, you know you could meet up with Mitch or something."

That caught my attention that she'd bring that into the conversation, and I just said "No."
"Really."
"I'm sure mother. I'm going to Duluth tomorrow with Kelli, remember?"
"Well yes, but she hasn't called yet so you could call the trip off and go with us."
"I work Friday during the day at 11, remember?"
"Oh yes."
"I'll be fine. Trust me."
"OK."

She hugs me, and says she could fall asleep in my arms. She gives me a goodbye hug (so, two hugs now) and then gets up and leaves and says that she loves me. OK, thats typical mothery crap. Then, my dad comes up to me, gives me a hug and then kisses me on the forehead.

What... the... FUCK.
The last time my dad kissed me on the forehead was like three years ago!

Grrr.
What is more interesting about this whole little thing that happened here, is that an hour or so earlier my mom asked me if I wanted to go down to Green Bay with them, and I said no and that I worked on Friday at 11. She even said then that it wouldn't make sense for me to make such a trip in a short time frame.

Why are parents so stupid sometimes? I'm 19 years old, I made plans to go to Duluth tomorrow, and guess what? Three hours after they left, at 7 PM, Kelli called and confirmed our trip tomorrow.

Geez.

InfernoNR7
Aug 5, 2004, 02:32 AM
*smacks self* (I think it's safe for me to post a reply here).

Angry at your parents for loving you? For caring? Or, are you angry that they still baby you? I'm thinking it's a combination of both.

And that, is my short reply.

anwserman
Aug 5, 2004, 02:33 AM
... besides the fact that I thought the whole trip thing was nipped in a bud an hour earlier and that they acted way out of their typical behavior patterns.

InfernoNR7
Aug 5, 2004, 02:35 AM
It does seem strange that your parents acted that way since you said that they (almost) never act like that (from what you said).....

I really wouldn't say it's something to get upset about... . .. . I bet some people would die to have their parents to treat them like that even....

EDIT: Reduced reduncancy and clarified one thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-08-05 00:36 ]</font>

anwserman
Aug 5, 2004, 02:39 AM
Yeah, it isn't anything to get upset about, I'll be the first to admit that.
But, the point of the rant is mostly about how parents randomly snap out of character... I dunno.

I'm tired. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

InfernoNR7
Aug 5, 2004, 02:50 AM
Haha, as am I, which is good, because when I'm tired I'm not as likely to flame people, or even as likely to be totally coherent. I guess it might be like bein high... but I wouldn't know. It's almost 1 AM here.

EDIT: wow, fell asleep for like 5 seconds.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-08-05 00:50 ]</font>

Aredhel
Aug 5, 2004, 07:38 AM
Your parents sound like very loving, affectionate people - appreciate that now, as they won't last forever.

And is it even legal for you to rant about your parents if you're 19 and still living with them? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

KodiaX987
Aug 5, 2004, 08:58 AM
I pretty much have the same problem. My parents would constantly try to set things up behind my bad, thinking I was bored and had nothing to do - WHEN NOTHING TO DO WAS ACTUALLY WHAT I WANTED! >.< Either that, or they decide to attempt to sit through an Anime I'm viewing on my computer to "keep company".

Sorry, but I don't like company. Fuck off.

Armok
Aug 5, 2004, 11:00 AM
My parents are doing the opposite when going on a trip in a few weeks. I attually wanted to go with them and they said look you can't come as you have to wrk. I also asked how I was ment to get a lift to work. Answer take it off. Wait wtf that don't make sense.

So I can't come cos I'm working but can't get to wrk without you, so should take it off and still can't come.

Cam't wait to move out again in a couple of months.