PDA

View Full Version : PSO On The Gamecube

Seifer01
Jun 17, 2002, 04:57 PM
I have a few questions for anyone who has any info on the new PSO games on the Gamecube. Actually only one. When you preorder the game I have heard that you receive a copy of the beta-test version of PSO for the Gamecube. If any of you know anything about this then please tell me because I'm very interested in purchasing the game.

rbf2000
Jun 17, 2002, 05:08 PM
On 2002-06-17 14:57, Seifer01 wrote:
When you preorder the game I have heard that you receive a copy of the beta-test version of PSO for the Gamecube. If any of you know anything about this then please tell me because I'm very interested in purchasing the game.

It's too late to get the beta-version. If you pre-order now, what you will get on AUG 8 is the final version.

GhoStar
Jun 17, 2002, 06:37 PM
The beta version only applies to people in Japan. Someone on this site went to the trouble of importing the trial, though with being a contributor to the site it's a win-win situation for everyone. There are a few who post here who have the trial, but it's not available to those who pre-order outside Japan.

The US version hasn't got an exact date but the modem comes out September 16th and the BBA comes out the 30th September. PSO is the first game to support both so it'll probably come out around then.

Hope that helps.

blitzer03
Jun 21, 2002, 04:47 AM
Comes out on October

FinalMasterM
Jun 21, 2002, 05:26 AM
On 2002-06-21 02:47, blitzer03 wrote:
Comes out on October

I called Software here, they said the newest date is in September 11th but is still TBA and could be changed (ver2 was pushed back half a year if you remember).

Rubesahl
Jun 21, 2002, 09:38 AM
I sadly have a feeling we'll be seeing the US version by late October http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Shouldn't be assuming, I do remember hearing the first PSO was going to be an international release, so much for ver.2 being like that O_o and version 1 came almost a month after. I have a feeling the dates of the Modem and BBA or not true since PSO is scheduled for Oct 15 O__o So one of the dates have to be
wrong. It'd be nonsense to release the modem and BBA alone lol PSO is the ONLY thing that will use them for now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-06-21 07:42 ]</font>

MetalOmega
Jun 21, 2002, 12:13 PM
ok you guys are a lil off on the subject,the game comes out Aug 8th for Japan and like me and many others are gonna import it

Seifer01
Jun 22, 2002, 04:40 PM
Thanks ya'll,
I feel very infomed. Too bad that we can't get the Beta Test Version stateside but the full version will be worth the wait. Until next time peace out.

Seifer

Mindshare
Jun 22, 2002, 06:33 PM
On 2002-06-21 03:26, FinalMasterM wrote:

I called Software here, they said the newest date is in September 11th but is still TBA and could be changed (ver2 was pushed back half a year if you remember).

Forgive my scepticism, but I *very much doubt* that anything at all would be released on September 11th (be it a game, movie, album or anything else for that matter). One would assume that most of the U.S. is going to be dominated by memorial services and other such activities on such a significant day.

M.

SMOKU_9X
Jun 22, 2002, 07:03 PM
Here's the fact's straight out of the very early September issue of GamePro on a section of each systems online plans. It reads that PSOE.1&2 will be released sometime in October stateside, (No exact date available, but the most recent). The 56Km and BBA will be out at the same time in bundles, not sold seperatley until more Online games are released.

Belamar
Jun 22, 2002, 07:09 PM
LOL damn just by reading it the date(s) just gets me too excited (though Sept. and Oct. are pretty far right now).

Shotie
Jun 23, 2002, 03:00 AM
I have heard a tenative release date is September 17TH not the 11th.

Either way, at that point, we'd only have to wait another month or so, so it wouldn't matter much.

I'd import, but in the end, the US version of this game will cost a fortune as it is, much less importing it.

Plus, if those rumors of seperating the US from other players turns out to be true, I wouldn't be able to play with most of my friends. Most of my friends are not teenagers with buttloads of disposable income that they feel they must flush down the toilet by getting a game a month or two before everyone else.

Bitter? lol, maybe. I just think importing is an overall silly notion, when you only get the game a month or so early. It's not worth it, in my opinion. Course, other people obviously feel differently, and that's cool.

blitzer03
Jun 23, 2002, 05:47 AM
Its october, does anybody belive me?

Wewt
Jun 23, 2002, 08:12 AM
Well, from past experiences on PSO I think importing would be the better option. It's because of all those "maintenances" on the US login servers that really got to me. So It's probably safe to say importing is the better option.
Plus I like PSO and I'd like to play the new installments of the game as soon as I can http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BrokenHope
Jun 23, 2002, 09:34 AM
On 2002-06-23 01:00, Shotie wrote:
I have heard a tenative release date is September 17TH not the 11th.

Either way, at that point, we'd only have to wait another month or so, so it wouldn't matter much.

I'd import, but in the end, the US version of this game will cost a fortune as it is, much less importing it.

Plus, if those rumors of seperating the US from other players turns out to be true, I wouldn't be able to play with most of my friends. Most of my friends are not teenagers with buttloads of disposable income that they feel they must flush down the toilet by getting a game a month or two before everyone else.

Bitter? lol, maybe. I just think importing is an overall silly notion, when you only get the game a month or so early. It's not worth it, in my opinion. Course, other people obviously feel differently, and that's cool.

Besides some of the importers are like me, from the UK and we won't get it a month later more like 6 months later, i'm not prepared to wait that long.

Also as has been said before sonic team seem to favour the japanese and if i'm going to be paying like i did on jp import of v2 i want the best service http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 11:30 AM
On 2002-06-22 17:03, SMOKU_9X wrote:
Here's the fact's straight out of the very early September issue of GamePro on a section of each systems online plans. It reads that PSOE.1&2 will be released sometime in October stateside, (No exact date available, but the most recent). The 56Km and BBA will be out at the same time in bundles, not sold seperatley until more Online games are released.

Whaaa? Wait a minute, they obligate you to get in bundle? @__@ And I thought I could buy it separately once it comes here... I really hope NCSX will have it separately. I think so, since from August 8th and on, they will start selling the modem adapter and I don't think I'm the only one that's waiting for that so they'll probably sell it separately in Japan at least

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 01:01 PM
Ignore Lamepro. Gaming magazines aren't reliable because by the time they're pressed, the information is old and could have been found elsewhere. This is why paying for a subscription of Gamespot Complete is infinitely better than Lamepro, for nearly the same amount of cash.

You will be able to purchase the modem and BBA seperately. Worry not.

Flame
Jun 23, 2002, 01:55 PM
All of you who are importing, do you own a japanese Gamecube or have you modded your US Gamecube? I would import but, I own a US gamecube and dont feel that its worth buying a japanese version of something I already own for only one game. So please help me..are there any alternatives besides just getting a japanese Cube?

Thank you for your time - Flame

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 02:14 PM
Your best alternative is to get a territorial switch installed onto your GameCube. There are several sites that provide the service, but I recommend NCS over any other place as they've been doing this kind of thing for many years, and they provide complete warranty for the service for 90 days. It's $38 including return shipping to get a push-button mounted in the back of your GameCube if you go with NCS. Basically, to go into "US Mode" you'd push the button in, and "JP Mode" is when the button is out.

http://www.ncsx.com (http://www.ncsx.com/)

Keep in mind, if you DO decide to go for this, you'll also need a second memory card. You cannot save Japanese and US files on the same memory card.

I've done all my import business with NCS for several years, and I highly recommend them. I shipped my GameCube to them on Thursday to get modded, in fact. I've had my Sega Saturn modified by them awhile back, so they're certainly the real deal, heh.

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 05:25 PM
So do i have to buy a JP memory card or will a US bought Memory card save JP games as well?

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 05:31 PM
On 2002-06-23 15:25, Sleet1 wrote:
So do i have to buy a JP memory card or will a US bought Memory card save JP games as well?

You can use any memory card. But you can only save one type of save in one memory card. So if you save a US Game Save on a memory card, it'll be regionalized as a memory card for only US saves. Same if you take a memory card and save a Japanese Save file.