PDA

View Full Version : Traps really p*** me off

SLON
Aug 5, 2004, 07:42 AM
I hate the traps in PSO. I'm sick of hearing that PING sound, closely followed by a coloured exposion. I already equip Cure/Slow and Cure/Paralysis, but other traps still affect me. When a trap goes off I either take some damage and have to use Resta, or I suffer confusion/poisoning and I have to use Anti. Great.
It's even worse in Ep2,I can hardly move in Seabed without various traps going off here, there and everywhere, and those floor traps that spring up and cage you; what is the point of them? I have to run down a corridor's sides instead of the middle, just to avoid a trap that will delay my progress for 5 seconds!
Traps detract from the gameplay; there is no challenge in avoiding traps, Sega!! Why was the Trap/Search unit removed from this game?

Linear88s
Aug 5, 2004, 07:53 AM
Use a trap/vision. Or you can get a android to see the traps. Also, you can run thru the traps without slowing by pressing start button, and just running. Just dont get hit by enemies.
Also, try to get a cure/confuse, i have one, froma Nar lily, my first nar lily in fact, on v. hard mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Linear88s on 2004-08-05 05:54 ]</font>

rising_sunset
Aug 5, 2004, 07:56 AM
Wrong section kid. In Rants (http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=11&33255) please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rising_sunset on 2004-08-05 05:58 ]</font>

rena-ko
Aug 5, 2004, 08:34 AM
get used to it.
after a few runs you should know where traps are. if youre not sure, pop a trap/vision or just create an android like mentioned above...

darthsaber9x9
Aug 5, 2004, 08:38 AM
ya know Its so pointless equpping them things when you could just use anti. or a sol atomizer. unless your anti isnt good enough

or do as everyone else said

SLON
Aug 5, 2004, 11:26 AM
It's not a question of knowing where they are, I just feel they detract from the game. Trap/Vision is poor; quite often it doesn't show all the traps in a room, plus it is tedious using them (and Anti/Resta) all the time.
I didn't feel my post was strong enough to be a rant!

darthsaber9x9
Aug 5, 2004, 11:42 AM
On 2004-08-05 09:26, SLON wrote:
It's not a question of knowing where they are, I just feel they detract from the game. Trap/Vision is poor; quite often it doesn't show all the traps in a room, plus it is tedious using them (and Anti/Resta) all the time.
I didn't feel my post was strong enough to be a rant!

it addds challenge! traps kill me more than anything at lv 128. and yeh trap vision does have a certain range. I say they add to the game but as they say.."horses for courses"

Neonnangel
Aug 5, 2004, 01:13 PM
Oh god... lol... traps make the game fun! the only ones i dislike are the box traps. only because i cant see them, but after a couple of times threw the levels and you will have a good idea of where they are. and like Linear88s said. open up a menu so you dont target anything and run right past them, and you can also do this with enemys that are all around you and your trying to get away.

Azbats
Aug 5, 2004, 01:18 PM
Yes traps are annoying and that's a beauty of the game. It's hilarious to be running away from an enemy only to run into a freeze trap and it just comes up to you and bashes your brains in. Frustrating but it's the challenge.

A lot of people don't seem to understand that challenge word. All levels 1's up for a TJ Sword... *shesh*

Mystil
Aug 5, 2004, 03:32 PM
This is why I always pick up Trap/visions off the ground and why I buy them at the shop. Most andriod players I've played with have not been so kind to tell you traps are present.

SLON
Aug 6, 2004, 06:54 AM
Picture the following: I'm about to run down an empty corridor, and so I press the shoulder button. As I run through, all the traps go off, but I avoid damage. So the traps were a waste of time. Ok, so if I didn't realise the traps were there I take a hit, and then run through them again; end result - some damage quickly healed with Resta, and I'm on my way again. Or, I get poisoned and I heal myself anyway.
Wouldn't it be better just not to have them there in the first place? I don't see any fun in this routine.

Tycho
Aug 6, 2004, 07:35 AM
Hey, that's something like saying "walking is boring, they should take that out of the game".

SLON
Aug 7, 2004, 03:00 PM
I have to walk to get where I'm going! I don't have to use Anti / Trap Vision / Resta to get there.
I don't remember all the other games I've played being spoilt because there weren't traps in every other corridor. Would Halo be a better game if confusion traps were going off all the time? No.
Are you honestly saying that without traps in corridors, PSO would be worse? They are a nuisance and nothing more - I don't see what fun there is in pressing the shoulder button whilst running down a corridor!
I can see the point of traps in C-mode, but traps in empty corridors - none.
Nuff said.

Dillon133
Aug 7, 2004, 03:49 PM
they are pretty dumb in corridors but in big rooms they are good cause they actually hit monsters ++ right there cept freeze traps they can goto hell hit hit hit dead red screen mag never res

Bradicus
Aug 7, 2004, 04:05 PM
On 2004-08-05 09:26, SLON wrote:
tedious

Welcome to PSO.