PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with the HUmar

DEMMON
Aug 6, 2004, 10:02 AM
HUmar xux, i think for me, starting that he cant use S/D, wath abilitie has it? Androids can restore itself and Forces can regain TP, even a HUnewearl can restore its TP so, what can do a HUmar? Just nothing, and the ATA is the worst in the hunters.

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 10:19 AM
HUmars have better ATA than HUnewearls and HUcasts.

The HUmar has Jellen and Zalure, which actually do more than Shifta and Deband (in terms of damage done and damage taken).

The HUmar can use 250 materials, and achieve max stats. HUnewearl can only use 150 Materials (besides the 125 HP Mats and the 125 TP Mats), and can never truely achieve max stats. the androids can use a Max of 150 Materials (besides the 125 HP Mats).

The FOmar and FOmarl can't restore TP without a slot unit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-08-06 08:19 ]</font>

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 10:32 AM
Never forget the HUmar's crappy Resta, which can restore around 350 HP at about lvl 120, as compared to the Android's regenerative ability (standing still).

Solstis often said while playing:
"Hunter Resta!"

HUmars also are considered to have the most balanced growth potential.

Zinger314
Aug 6, 2004, 10:44 AM
The number one reason that I hate HUmars is because most anime-striken teenagers use it. There are too many HUmars. I hate it!

They do have the advantage of good ATA and maxible stats...but that's it, really.

ombres
Aug 6, 2004, 11:15 AM
there are mats tp?? That great never see one drop!!!

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 11:19 AM
On 2004-08-06 09:15, ombres wrote:

You won't. The only way is via the rappy's holiday quest.

ombres
Aug 6, 2004, 11:22 AM
kk thanks for the info!

Azbats
Aug 6, 2004, 01:04 PM
Erm... you don't HAVE to be a HUmar you know! Freedom of choise and all that.

Besides a HUmar is at its best when supported by a FO. It's all a matter of Teamwork and utilizing the specific skills of each character.

milat
Aug 6, 2004, 01:08 PM
The HUmar is concitered to be the "middle man". Really, it's that he really isn't leaning towards one side of a stat (ATA, ATP, etc.) at first. As soon as they start to lvl, there is a difference but not until the lvls begin like 25 I'd say. But the farthest I've even gotten mine is 101, lol.

Edit: Spelling corrections ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: milat on 2004-08-07 10:11 ]</font>

Hrith
Aug 6, 2004, 01:55 PM
On 2004-08-06 08:19, Ketchup345 wrote:
The HUmar has Jellen and Zalure, which actually do more than Shifta and Deband (in terms of damage done and damage taken).
in terms of damage taken only, Shifta is way superior to Zalure, remember it that way: Red supports techniques > blue support techniques.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 6, 2004, 11:02 PM
I'll take a good lv 20 S/D AND J/Z with a hunewearl over a humar's lousy lv 15 J/Z any day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Not to menttion the fact that humar's are just plain fugly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2004-08-06 21:03 ]</font>

anwserman
Aug 7, 2004, 12:06 AM
On 2004-08-06 11:55, Kef wrote:

On 2004-08-06 08:19, Ketchup345 wrote:
in terms of damage taken only, Shifta is way superior to Zalure, remember it that way: Red supports techniques > blue support techniques.

Actually, I see it as...

Deband = Jellen > Zalure > Shifta.
Having high attack power means squat if the enemies can still rape you.

Mystil
Aug 7, 2004, 12:24 AM
On 2004-08-06 21:02, Blue-Hawk wrote:
I'll take a good lv 20 S/D AND J/Z with a hunewearl over a humar's lousy lv 15 J/Z any day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Not to menttion the fact that humar's are just plain fugly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2004-08-06 21:03 ]</font>

Not alot of HUmars use 15 J/Z. In games with no FO and a HUne reluctant to play "miniFO". This comes in handy.

Eihwaz
Aug 7, 2004, 12:59 AM
On 2004-08-06 21:02, Blue-Hawk wrote:

I'd take a HUmar's decent, well-balanced stats, over HUnl's horrible ATA growth and mediocre ATP.

Lots of people don't like them becuase they're often the first choice of n00bs and so on, but they're actually very good characters. Incredibly well-balanced, nice enough ATP/ATA, etc. And I'd much rather have "HUmar Resta" and level 15 J/Z than having to rely on items and S-Ranks as a HUcast.

Hector
Aug 10, 2004, 07:27 PM
aw man you guys are making me want to make a new char stop it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

FattyMcGee
Aug 11, 2004, 05:22 AM
On 2004-08-06 11:04, Azbats wrote:
Erm... you don't HAVE to be a HUmar you know! Freedom of choise and all that.

Besides a HUmar is at its best when supported by a FO. It's all a matter of Teamwork and utilizing the specific skills of each character.

O.o

HUcasts are much better when supported by a FO.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 11, 2004, 06:12 AM
*****nevermind******

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darthsaber9x9 on 2004-08-11 04:13 ]</font>

Evergea
Aug 11, 2004, 08:34 AM
It's ironic that many of the same people who oogle the stats, complain that the character is used to much by noobs, ruining the look. But I've only seen stats mentioned, so looks can't be important!

That sarcasm bit is my way of saying, looks are very important in the character I choose.

First let's get the looks out of the way. Humars are a male class, so they walk funny. It's like they have something in their pants and can't walk right. It's most certainly not natural.

If you're on new DC servers, you're gonna hate Humars even more. Lots of people run around with them, ditto for the Ramars.

A Humar's outfit has one arm larger than the other. That is one of the biggest turn offs right there. Don't get me started into the look of their outfit and the shorts that they wear.

Humar's also have dumb looking hairstyles. Their faces are decent. The all around factor that there image is ruined by noobs, does count.

But what about stats Evergea? Good question.

Play DC battle mode. Humars are nasty in DC battle do to the fast tech casting time. While a Fonewmn also has fast tech casting, the Humar's strong attack, could take out an opponent, while the Fonewmn must still cast, being left wide open. Humars have it too easy in battle mode.

The Humar class was too powerful on DC. They finally got what they deserved on GC, no Shifta and Deband.

But Zalure and Jellen are good? Dang right, but your Humar will never compare to a magic user with both Shifta/Deband AND Zalure/Jellen.

The verdict? Give me a female character over a Humar.

Of all classes, I hate the Humar the most.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Evergea on 2004-08-11 06:35 ]</font>

Mystil
Aug 11, 2004, 09:09 AM
Uhm, JZ 15 is better than nothing. Personally, I would appreciate a humar help out with his jz, when I am unable to do so, with my hune. My JZ is not 20(on my hune). And often times, I just can't jz and sd everyone at once if I'm tied up with enemies.

Humar is still powerful. Much powerful than Hunewearl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-08-11 07:11 ]</font>

Superguppie
Aug 11, 2004, 09:33 AM
From a different perspective I agree. My main char is a RAmar. It's kind of annoying when the HUmar runs at me asking for S/D and then not using his own J/Z. I know S/D is more useful, so I'll give it if noone else in the team can. But it seems many HUmar players have a habit of knowing exactly what I can do for them, and completely forgetting what they can do for themselves.
I solved a bit of this problem by getting Zalure on my GUP RIFLE. Although I have found that SNOW QUEEN makes me more popular.
But still, it is annoying. Although that's more the players than the HUmar character itself. Since I have at least one of each class, I'm curious to see how the HUmar grows up with me.
Note to self: Even HUmar will use J/Z...

Rapture
Aug 11, 2004, 02:14 PM
Ahhh the humar, pretty cool with decent stats although as i say everytime in these topics, "each to their own". The worst character in the game i would say is more than likely the Ramar, despite this i still enjoy playing as him and the "toilet" design of his suit (as i have read people call it on these forums before) is rather cool and he is probably the best designed character in the game.

Evergea
Aug 11, 2004, 06:28 PM
On 2004-08-11 12:14, Rapture wrote:
Ahhh the humar, pretty cool with decent stats although as i say everytime in these topics, "each to their own". The worst character in the game i would say is more than likely the Ramar, despite this i still enjoy playing as him and the "toilet" design of his suit (as i have read people call it on these forums before) is rather cool and he is probably the best designed character in the game.

Ramar is without a doubt the best designed character in the game. They're also the only ones that look normal compared to the rest of the characters. I don't know what it is with Numans and their odd taste in clothing.

Nai_Calus
Aug 11, 2004, 07:03 PM
All classes suck. All classes own. It depends on the player. Thank you, goodnight.

Also, J/Z are actually superior to S/D. Far more useful, IMO.

trypticon
Aug 11, 2004, 07:10 PM
On 2004-08-06 09:19, Solstis wrote:

On 2004-08-06 09:15, ombres wrote:

You won't. The only way is via the rappy's holiday quest.

Aren't you forgetting another quest that you can get these from? I will agree that the rappy holiday quest is the only reasonable quest to go to if you want to max your TP mat useage, but you can get them from Today's Rate.

Kargorok
Aug 11, 2004, 07:53 PM
Ah HUmar bashing. Fact is they are my favorite char to use because they are put down by noobs who can't see how usefull they are, and dupers are said to use HUmars most of the time. So I use them as a big Fuk You to those who dislike them and to prove that not all HUmars are cheaters. I like to clear the bad name of folks. Someone here said it best though freedom of choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kargorok on 2004-08-11 17:53 ]</font>

Solstis
Aug 11, 2004, 07:56 PM
On 2004-08-11 16:28, Evergea wrote:

On 2004-08-11 12:14, Rapture wrote:

Ramar is without a doubt the best designed character in the game. They're also the only ones that look normal compared to the rest of the characters. I don't know what it is with Numans and their odd taste in clothing.

Newms are teh seksi, and RAmars look like ugly blocks. I mean... just... ugly, despite the symmetry.

But... *points at Ian's post*

Oh... and.. I guess I can be wrong! (stores Today's Rate in his memory)

Kargorok
Aug 11, 2004, 08:07 PM
Well we just err prefere that bulge of armor on our shoulders and... fek it we do look wierd. But hey at least we don't look girly like the rest of the dudes in PSO. Minus the HUcast that is.

Akulamenuri
Aug 11, 2004, 08:25 PM
I guess everyone has there own opinion on how strange/ugly a character looks like, thats why we have 12 characters to choose from.

Kargorok
Aug 11, 2004, 08:32 PM
On 2004-08-11 18:25, Akulamenuri wrote:
I guess everyone has there own opinion on how strange/ugly a character looks like, thats why we have 12 characters to choose from.

Hell yeah to that.

Ahya
Aug 12, 2004, 03:32 AM
I dont see y it matters so much.
I think Humars are a good class to use .. and S/D is not really needed for them since they already have good ATP. Either way most of the character designs are nice(except the Hunewearl&Fonwearl .. their clothes are kinda ...skimpy..)
I go Humar than Ramar anyday .. most Ramar-ers just pick em' prolly for that face mask thingy .. which is .. pretty ..lame to say. looks cool but lame.

Correct me if Im wrong but Humars have the best growth rate potential of any class rite? How can they possibaly suck the...

Jason
Aug 12, 2004, 09:43 AM
On 2004-08-11 06:34, Evergea wrote:
A Humar's outfit has one arm larger than the other. That is one of the biggest turn offs right there. Don't get me started into the look of their outfit and the shorts that they wear.

HUmar's outfit of the left arm being larger than the other arm is because the left arm is the arm you use to defense, and it is where the shield is equip to too. Every character is right-handed for weapons, so that thin arm is for wielding a weapon. It makes sense why a larger arm is for defensing.

RadiantLegend
Aug 12, 2004, 09:50 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Humars are cool when you raise one well.

Rapture
Aug 13, 2004, 07:40 AM
The Ramars armour makes perfect sense as it protects his neck from behind but i really don't understand why all of the chars in this game are very under protected in the armour stakes. I wuld like to see them wear armour when you equip it as well as the effect certain armours give off.

P.S. Has Gallons shop had any new CD's added, i haven't been online for a year and would like to know please.

Garm
Aug 13, 2004, 09:18 AM
Pwning? All chars will pwn anytime. At lvl 200 there is no need to argue since any class will pwn any area at any difficulty.

Dupers? They prolly heard there is an easy way to get all the good weps and so they keep on bashing A and hit the control stick like a noob wich gives them a crappy HUmar, ended up in vega 1. Next they ask how to get dupes or even how to dupe and there is another duper around ppl

Stats? Better atp than HUnewearl, better ata, I dont see why anyone would actually use her plus she always looks slutty and online her s/d bonus will be useless. The HUcasts are worse in any stat except for def and atp, but online thats all wich counts since any one can get a nice hit wep and a FO to support (bad bad fo if you don't do it, always take care of the ones who can't s/d/j/z lvl 30). The HUcaseals have great ata but lack in power. so you could say that when you combine the other 3 HU's you'll get the HUmar.

Support? My humar doesnt j/z cause he mostly doesnt need it, but when online and the others are either lazy or droids I use it all the time, even in normal just to help.

Looks? I like it to look stupid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but it is possible to get a good looking humar (afro:P) altough it all depends on your taste wether you like him or not

Total? All depends on the player.

Jasam
Aug 13, 2004, 11:37 AM
Just a thought but at higher levels, the only thing the Humar will have better than a HUnewerl is ata and hp, as Level 20 S/D/J/Z willl more than negate the diffrence.

RedSchwar
Aug 19, 2004, 12:47 PM
You act as if though all character comparisons must take place on how well they can solo.

SJ
Aug 20, 2004, 07:23 AM
I know humars and ramars are bashed alot.
Truth is they own.
I'm sick of being called 'n00bmar' by noobs.
And for the whole hunewearls and hucasts do way more damage, get a spirit twin.
My humar (maxed ata) can pull off around 200-200-400-700-700-700 with no sd jz.
And then add s 30 I'm doing 1000.
everyone says the humars suck, used by stupid kids, unlegit and way to many.
I see WAY more hunes and hucasts than humars.
I see WAY more hucasts with TJS and hunes with 300% bkbs.
I see WAY more jackass hunes and hucasts.
Everyone has an opinion but dont say humars suck, theres to many and they're all stupid, unlegit kids, when they're not.

Gjl
Aug 20, 2004, 10:51 AM
On 2004-08-20 05:23, SJ wrote:
I know humars and ramars are bashed alot.
Truth is they own.
I'm sick of being called 'n00bmar' by noobs.
And for the whole hunewearls and hucasts do way more damage, get a spirit twin.
My humar (maxed ata) can pull off around 200-200-400-700-700-700 with no sd jz.
And then add s 30 I'm doing 1000.
everyone says the humars suck, used by stupid kids, unlegit and way to many.
I see WAY more hunes and hucasts than humars.
I see WAY more hucasts with TJS and hunes with 300% bkbs.
I see WAY more jackass hunes and hucasts.
Everyone has an opinion but dont say humars suck, theres to many and they're all stupid, unlegit kids, when they're not.

Maybe, but I still pwned your 180 HUmar with my 110 RAcast. I got you down to 100hp, but you was lucky I didn't feel like killing you then and there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif.

Ya, HUmars are becoming less fashionable by n00bs these days it seems. Soon everyone will be yelling at all the TJ wielding n00bcasts. I haven't heard anyone say HUnes do more damage than HUmars though...

Not enough HUcaseals online to be honest...

As for RAmar owning...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

SJ
Aug 20, 2004, 11:04 AM
erm, gjl
1. I was 160
2. i said 'mail 1sec'
3. u used frz traps and kept atkin me
4. i sent my mail and closed window
5. then i wiped you and the other 2 players out with 2 slashes of my huge sword http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
oh and i had lv33 zalure and you still couldn't dmg.

on topic >

And soon every class will fall to the same abuse that humars get...

Gjl
Aug 20, 2004, 11:17 AM
On 2004-08-20 09:04, SJ wrote:
erm, gjl
1. I was 160
2. i said 'mail 1sec'
3. u used frz traps and kept atkin me
4. i sent my mail and closed window
5. then i wiped you and the other 2 players out with 2 slashes of my huge sword http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
oh and i had lv33 zalure and you still couldn't dmg.

Lies...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I don't get the last part about everyone falling to abuse though. Care to explain?

kazuma56
Aug 20, 2004, 02:10 PM
RAmar's are good if you know how to use them, basically, every class CAN own everything if you know how to use them efficiently, people somehow get it in thier heads that because X class doesn't have access to so and so, they suck, which shouldn't be the case.

Chrishu367
Aug 20, 2004, 09:40 PM
I agree with Kazuma, the game was meant to be balanced, and aside from the fact that I hate HUmar character designs, they are pretty good. They have the trademark strength of the HU's, and decent pull-your-butt-out-of-a-fire magic (but just when your really burning). They only have a bad wrap because lazy dupers take advantage of the ease it takes to go through the game and level up.

Garm
Aug 21, 2004, 07:43 AM
as said before in a while there will be tons of duper of each class, but the 10 year olds wich bash a like a mad man shout and dupe like hell although iva seen way more hune's using dupes than humar(actually the most humars ive seen were legit 0_o), while most dupers are actually really good players only differende is that they use dupes/hacks.

and if we go humar bashing, bash every char: ramarl and hunewearl? theyre so weak they need j/z/s/d/r/a to keep them alive:P hucasts cant aim and hucaseals dont damage enemies enough:P ramar cant cast lvl 30 techs:wacko:racaseal only has one stat: dfp and racast is way to big:wacko:fomars are better at melee than at magic they should be humars:P and fomarl only serves as a nurse in the clinic:wacko:fonewm cant melee nor can fonewearl:P
now i bashed every character in the game wich wasnt bashed before http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif stop char bashing plz it gets annoying to expres your opinion by bashing chars in a game