PDA

View Full Version : what is it exactly tht blocks rares?

Gats
Aug 6, 2004, 10:59 AM
ive been hearing rumors tht haked mags stacking and 100% hit items block enemies from blocking rares.i dont use haked mags nemore but i still donnt seem to be finding nething and if the leader of a game dosent use a hacked mag stack or hv 100%hit weps can a the reast of the team find red boxes even if they do?

Zinger314
Aug 6, 2004, 11:08 AM
For Xbox and PSO Plus, ONLY Item Stacking and 1308 mags will affect drop rares. Everything else is fine.

Also, it only affects the rates if the leader has the items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-08-06 09:09 ]</font>

Gats
Aug 6, 2004, 11:15 AM
yea but wut about regular pso ep 1and 2?

rena-ko
Aug 6, 2004, 11:52 AM
nothing about them.

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 04:33 PM
On 2004-08-06 09:08, Zinger314 wrote:
Also, it only affects the rates if the leader has the items.

Not true.

It affects the drops only if the leader is using PSO+ or using XBox. If anyone in the game is stacking or using a Mag that has a level over 200, and the leader has either PSO+ or XBox, the rare drops will be affected.

Zinger314
Aug 6, 2004, 10:48 PM
It affects the drops only if the leader is using PSO+ or using XBox. If anyone in the game is stacking or using a Mag that has a level over 200, and the leader has either PSO+ or XBox, the rare drops will be affected.

What's the chance of THAT happening? Xbox is screwed either way, and the chance of it happening in PSO +, until it's released stateside, is nil to none.

Pepsi3709
Aug 7, 2004, 01:53 AM
I did some experitments with the hacked mag/item stacking theory and the results were shocking. In a nutshell, I edited the file which is responsible for rares being droped to have it that boxes and enemy drops an Electro Frame in the forest areas.

Made a new character and it had no problem getting rares to drop. It droped exactly what I edited. When I made multi-player and have the new character become the host, again, no problem finding rares there. Player 2 had hacked mags and item stacking and had it broke boxes and had no problem finding rares. However, as I have player 2 give player 1 a hacked mag, right than, rares stoped dropping. This is in the middle of everything. One second before, neither had any problem getting rares to drop. I did the same thing with hacked weapon and it had no effect. Tried it with item stacking and rares also stoped dropping as the new character had them.

It didn't matter what I edited, rares stoped droping, even when I tried single player mode with the hacked mag on. I had to put the hacked mag in the bank and power my xbox off and back on for that character to find rares again. Item stacking works the same way. So even if you get rid of the hacked mag and item stacking, you still have to power off your xbox and power it back on again. It seems to work the same way as on the Dreamcast version when the game detects Gameshark codes.

After banking the mag and getting rid of item stacking and powering my xbox off, I re-edit the file which is responsible for rares being droped to have it that boxes and enemy drop Double Cannons in the forest areas. I had no problem getting rares to drop. I than pipe back to town and grab a hacked mag, again, rares stoped dropping. So I did a couple of runs and didn't find a single rare. After about 10 forest runs, I ran into an Al Rappy which droped a Double Cannon (This is what I edited, Al Rappy don't drop Double Cannon lol...). So it seems you can still find rares with hacked mags and item stacking but the chances has drastically reduced.

Another thing I tried was that I had a player with a hacked mag host the game and my new character with no hacked mag or item stacking became player 2. No rares whatsoever. Quit/Save and load up the character with no hacked mag or item stacking. No rares again. I had to power my xbox off and back on again. So it seems if you load a character up with hacked mag and item stacking, it effects all your other characters as well untill you power your xbox off and back on again.

I tried it with stacking item to their legit max (10 Trimates, Fluids, etc,) and it had no effect. I'm not claiming any of this to be facts, just giving the details of my experitments. I'll let you guys decide for your self. This only applies to the xbox version. I don't have a Gamecube so testing it out would be impossible for ovious reasons. All of this was done offline.

This is just my opinion and suggestion:
1) Item stacking and hacked mags DOES affect the rare drop rate, hacked weapons has no effect.
2) If you're gonna play online, have the character with no hacked mag or item stacking make the room.
3) If you join a game and the host has hacked mags and item stacking. After you're done playing, Quit/Save and power your xbox off and back on. It does seem when you join in a game where the host has hacked mag and item stacking, it does affect you, even after you quit/save.
4) Stacking an item to their legit max didn't have any effect. I put 10 monomates in the bank and used that to stack the other item, no effect whatsoever.

I even remove the patch that MS makes you download when you sign on and it made no difference. So this is no patch that is recently done to have cause this. The Gamecube Version was out before the XBOX Version so it is possible Sonic Team was expecting it and made some changes on the XBOX Version. Again, it seems to work the same as on the Dreamcast Version when the game detects Gameshark codes on your MU. So it is possible to make a game lower the drop rare if it detects X stuff and such.

I tried this several times and the results were always the same. I've asked several people that have modded xbox to try this but haven't heard back from them. So far, no one has giving any different results. So you guys decide for yourself but my suggestion is to ditch your hack mags and item stacking. Ironically, I posted a tuturial on how to make lv1305 and lv1300 mags with special PB blast. lol...