PDA

View Full Version : Pop Music

Armok
Aug 6, 2004, 12:13 PM
Kiddie TV viewers your next mission is to go out and buy the next shitney spears single because we (the crappy kiddy sat morning shows) show you it 12 times in our 3 hrs of programming.

As you have dumb ass parents annoy them to buy it you despite the fact you don't even own a cd player to play it basically buy it just because Shitney is so pretty and such.

Its your job as stupid little idiots to keep this shit annoying crap industry music going based on soul numbing lack of spirit and general bull shit and make sure normal people have to put up with this crap all the time on tv and the radio in real world (because it always gets to no1) so ruining their day because the stupid pop tune is emblazed in their head.

InfernoNR7
Aug 6, 2004, 12:35 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah blah. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif get some sence.

Sure, I hate britney, annoying as she is. Still no reason to rant on something that (I'm sure) more than just kids like (gotta be some horny teenage geeks that like her).

Also, I haven't seen any adverts for her CDs. I only see pure crap, like Kidz Bop (they killed LP, Evane, Blink, etc., pretty much everything).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-08-06 11:43 ]</font>

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 12:38 PM
Coldplay will save us all!

Yeah, I hate these stupid "crazes" that the industry has gone through.

Boybands, Britina Aguileria, etc.

InfinityXXX
Aug 6, 2004, 12:45 PM
I've never been a Britney fan so I wasn't those ones that were mad when she went for an older look and kissed Madonna but she has a new song that make me want to buy her album. Its a song with her and R Kelly and it doesn't even sound like her old music, not even that one song called Toxic.

I hate how the media hypes certain songs and artist and overplays them *cough*Usher*cough* but its the new fad and like all fads it will die down. I really don't see any cd commercials except for "Now" and the dreaded most hated *Kids Bop*

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 12:57 PM
On 2004-08-06 10:45, InfinityXXX wrote:
I've never been a Britney fan so I wasn't those ones that were mad when she went for an older look and kissed Madonna but she has a new song that make me want to buy her album. Its a song with her and R Kelly and it doesn't even sound like her old music, not even that one song called Toxic.

I hate how the media hypes certain songs and artist and overplays them *cough*Usher*cough* but its the new fad and like all fads it will die down. I really don't see any cd commercials except for "Now" and the dreaded most hated *Kids Bop*

Usher can actually sing, but most of his hyped songs lack any... "soul" to them.

His good ones often go unnoticed.

Armok
Aug 6, 2004, 02:48 PM
On 2004-08-06 10:35, InfernoNR7 wrote:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif get some sence.

Sure, I hate britney, annoying as she is. Still no reason to rant on something that (I'm sure) more than just kids like (gotta be some horny teenage geeks that like her).

Also, I haven't seen any adverts for her CDs. I only see pure crap, like Kidz Bop (they killed LP, Evane, Blink, etc., pretty much everything).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-08-06 11:43 ]</font>

Try humming toxic all day and you will understand the hatred I feel right now. Brainwashing scum

LP and Blink also shit teenager rebel music. Yay great! Rebal wear dum shit clothes and act like a twat to loud music thinking your not under the influence of the commerial shit music industry. All crap this shits as bad as Justin and Britney.

And Solstis liston to a copy of Embrace's track 'Gravity' written by Chris Martin of CP its brill.

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 02:52 PM
On 2004-08-06 12:48, Armok wrote:

On 2004-08-06 10:35, InfernoNR7 wrote:

Try humming toxic all day and you will understand the hatred I feel right now. Brainwashing scum

LP and Blink also shit teenager rebel music. Yay great! Rebal wear dum shit clothes and act like a twat to loud music thinking your not under the influence of the commerial shit music industry. All crap this shits as bad as Justin and Britney.

And Solstis liston to a copy of Embrace's track 'Gravity' written by Chris Martin of CP its brill.

I'll consider it Armok, heh.

I DESPISE Blink 182. Not only do they look like shit, their music is shit, and their lyrics are crap.

New Found Glory, etc, all fall into "twat" as Armok would say.

agenevil
Aug 6, 2004, 03:19 PM
I would like to show my opinions on all of this...

Sure people may like some of it, but here is my view.

Linkin Park. OK, all of their songs are about "oh my god I need to find myself cause I HAPPEN TO BE THE BITCH IN THIS RELATIONSHIP. " Come on, they have good musical ideas, but their lyrics suck both ends of the donkey.

Blink-182. These guys are about as punk as a wet stick. Dont worry, when I have used that phrase not everyone understood it at first. I'd say they are worse than good charlotte..... which I also hate.

Now, there are also some bands I would like to clear up on...

Trent Reznor. He is my current favorite artist 'cept Aphex Twin, But I find one flaw.... first, that people classify it as Goth, second, I am tired of hearing decay, 'nothing can stop me now', etc. I hope bleedthrough has new ideas.

Usher. Come. ON. Yeah? Yeah. yeah yeah yeah. whatever. HOW FUCKING ORIGINAL IS YEAH. I HAVE HEARD MY 8 YEAR OLD SISTER COME UP WITH BETTER LYRICS THAN THAT CRAP. WHY WAS HIS FIRST ALBUM SOMETHING TO LISTEN TO? This one is not very impressive. And why would a song so uncreative get put into the top 1 spot for so long? Because of Luda and Jon. Its just me that I cant stand Jon, but come on, Luda. You're better than that..... and if you want proof that 99.9999999999999999999999999997% of hip-hoppers/rappers dont make their own stuff, listen to freek-a-leek. same sounds. youll notice once the ring comes in.

and on a random note, is my sig showing up?

Ness
Aug 6, 2004, 03:39 PM
Mainstream is full of shit; that's why I don't follow it.

InfinityXXX
Aug 6, 2004, 04:24 PM
Well the reason why Usher is so popular and was number 1 on the charts was because his music was something you can dance to. I hate jon and luda but they made me dance and Usher is a dancer so some of his songs don't focus on lyrics. All songs that make you dance are number 1 on the charts. As much as i hate the repetivness of "Yeah" I HAVE to dance to it when i'm at a party because its a fast beat song that focuses on dancing. You can tell this by watching the music video.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2004-08-06 14:25 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Aug 6, 2004, 04:56 PM
I will say it again. They have more money then most of the people on the boards, so they must be doing something right.

Garanz2
Aug 6, 2004, 04:59 PM
On 2004-08-06 14:56, Shattered_weasel wrote:
I will say it again. They have more money then most of the people on the boards, so they must be doing something right.

Manipulating children with IQs they can count on their hands. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz2 on 2004-08-06 15:00 ]</font>

FOAtHeart
Aug 6, 2004, 06:47 PM
And here I stand again, being the ONLY Britney fan in existance on this board. :/

I mean, go ahead and rant about how you don't like "pop music", but you shouldn't go and say "rabble rabble rabble pop music sucks mainstream sucks blargh diddle figgle you suck" because believe it or not,
(omg lies) a lot of people like pop music!

Fucking God forbid that ever happen!

It's not like singers sing to piss people who like their music off, they're just pleasing the fans/making monay.

Blargh.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 6, 2004, 07:55 PM
On 2004-08-06 16:47, FOAtHeart wrote:
And here I stand again, being the ONLY Britney fan in existance on this board. :/

I mean, go ahead and rant about how you don't like "pop music", but you shouldn't go and say "rabble rabble rabble pop music sucks mainstream sucks blargh diddle figgle you suck" because believe it or not,
(omg lies) a lot of people like pop music!

Fucking God forbid that ever happen!

It's not like singers sing to piss people who like their music off, they're just pleasing the fans/making monay.

Blargh.

Exactly. Except I am not a fan of pop music. But if it is so easy for these people to go out "manipulate children" why isn't the people whining doing it.

InfinityXXX
Aug 6, 2004, 09:41 PM
Doesn't pop music mean any music that is popular? Some guy was telling me that pop is a certain style of music and i didn't believe him because Outcast, Beyonce and Usher are considered pop/R&B.

Firocket1690
Aug 6, 2004, 10:53 PM
"pop" isn't a fscking genre, nothing perfectly defies "pop" it's just what gets popular. And so, because of this, and according to you guys, "mainstream" is "pop".
Whenever people like a song or something, the media plays it more often (see: mtv (http://www.mtv.com), z100 (http://www.z100.com))
If people like it, then any -fucking- thing can become 'pop' Thus, don't try to define what's exact 'pop'. >=/

Then, there were the rebellious bastards that went aganst everything "i hate pop" blablabla
There began the genre: Alternative. It is what it sounds like; and alternative. You don't like matchbox 20? Go listen to barenaked ladies.
Don't like Usher? Go listen to Seal.

It's all the same, you choose what you want to listen to, it's your life. Don't like the song on the radio? turn it off. Don't like what's on mtv ? change the channel. Unless said artist comes by your door and forces you to listen to his/her crap, don't bitch about it. You're exposing yourself to said media.

Oh, and for the record, Usher's self titled debut album never had any popular hits on it. Most of his popular songs were on 8701. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

P.S. Vanilla Ice pwns eminem. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-08-06 20:54 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Aug 7, 2004, 01:37 AM
Well...vanilla ice does sound better than eminiem.

Dillon133
Aug 7, 2004, 03:47 AM
I DESPISE Blink 182. Not only do they look like shit, their music is shit, and their lyrics are crap. [quote]

omg how much bigger can i type word to agree WORD GODAMMIT WORD
you know the worst part of "newage" mainstream music is it ruins old music, now im gonna say a word and noone assume i like them...metallica <_< >_> ok they used to be good but then they switch genere to keep up with the type of music our generation likes -Crappy Music Involving No Talent Whatsoever- also know as the CMINTW generation which is why i stay with good old DDr music my never to be ruined old music (pink floyd) and all my other favorites broke up cause their either too bitch or they couldnt make shitty enough music for the 12 year olds posing as 35 year olds who decide what music is good and which are bad which is why sandstorm is the only "rave" music you hear on "those" kind of channels/shows/stations so if the following bands could get a divine message to stop brainwashing our kids into the people we hate with every inch of our soul that would be great: /all pop music talking about love they know nothing about/every fucking scrap of bands who sound EXACTLY THE SAME i.e good chorlotte, the used,and all the others who make very weird retarded names cause all the other ones were taken a.k.a taking back sunday..(how is that a name)
bowling for soup ::shakes head in shame:: and even better yellow card/ i dont like rap but i dont mind it cause the people who listen to rap dont hate me for not listening to it unlike ...preps fake goths, punks dont exist at all starting 1990 so ill call them mentally challenged people
in closing i always do this when i see somthing about music cause it sikens me quite frankly in what music is becoming look what you guys made me do XP

Shattered_weasel
Aug 7, 2004, 12:20 PM
On 2004-08-07 01:47, Dillon133 wrote:
I DESPISE Blink 182. Not only do they look like shit, their music is shit, and their lyrics are crap. [quote]

you know the worst part of "newage" mainstream music is it ruins old music, now im gonna say a word and noone assume i like them...metallica <_< >_> ok they used to be good but then they switch genere to keep up with the type of music our generation likes -Crappy Music Involving No Talent Whatsoever- also know as the CMINTW generation which is why i stay with good old DDr music my never to be ruined old music (pink floyd) and all my other favorites broke up cause their either too bitch or they couldnt make shitty enough music for the 12 year olds posing as 35 year olds who decide what music is good and which are bad which is why sandstorm is the only "rave" music you hear on "those" kind of channels/shows/stations so if the following bands could get a divine message to stop brainwashing our kids into the people we hate with every inch of our soul that would be great: /all pop music talking about love they know nothing about/every fucking scrap of bands who sound EXACTLY THE SAME i.e good chorlotte, the used,and all the others who make very weird retarded names cause all the other ones were taken a.k.a taking back sunday..(how is that a name)
bowling for soup ::shakes head in shame:: and even better yellow card/ i dont like rap but i dont mind it cause the people who listen to rap dont hate me for not listening to it unlike ...preps fake goths, punks dont exist at all starting 1990 so ill call them mentally challenged people
in closing i always do this when i see somthing about music cause it sikens me quite frankly in what music is becoming look what you guys made me do XP

The pointlessness....If they had no talent than why isn't everyone out making mucho deniro. Because every little artist that you have mentioned has talent. You just don't like there music. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that they don't have talent. Not at all.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 7, 2004, 01:09 PM
brilliant, another metallica "ex-fan" complaining about CHANGE. metallica made st anger because thats how they wanted to make it. you think they changed just to keep up with todays genre? bollocks

anywaym i have found that my tates arent geared towards todays pop scene. so i dont listen to it

Dillon133
Aug 7, 2004, 03:42 PM
On 2004-08-07 10:20, Shattered_weasel wrote:

On 2004-08-07 01:47, Dillon133 wrote:

The pointlessness....If they had no talent than why isn't everyone out making mucho deniro. Because every little artist that you have mentioned has talent. You just don't like there music. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that they don't have talent. Not at all.

Belive me im not someone to hate somthing for no reason i have considered these bands and disliked them i dont force my opinion but i do belive if better bands were able to act gay and make girls think they were hot they would sell extra records. Now i cant take someone seriously if they say the used has talent i just dont see it cause 20/20 vision could spot that they sound like all the other bands.crap.

and other guy i never liked metallica i will never like metallica but they know what there doing pre state anger

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillon133 on 2004-08-07 13:43 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Aug 7, 2004, 04:01 PM
Well, I kind of agree with Dillion(I like your sig) about those boy bands like blink 182. I use to like them but then some of their songs sounded the same and there were a bunch of other boy bands that sounded like them too so i got confused and dithced my love for alternative rock. I ask people at school about them and i get cussed out by guys and the girls start mindlessly babbling over them. These bands are starting to remind me of Nsync in a way.

Ness
Aug 7, 2004, 04:08 PM
On 2004-08-06 23:37, InfinityXXX wrote:

I atleast like one song by Vanilla Ice, which is more than I can say aobut Eminem.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 7, 2004, 05:47 PM
On 2004-08-07 14:01, InfinityXXX wrote:
Well, I kind of agree with Dillion(I like your sig) about those boy bands like blink 182. I use to like them but then some of their songs sounded the same and there were a bunch of other boy bands that sounded like them too so i got confused and dithced my love for alternative rock. I ask people at school about them and i get cussed out by guys and the girls start mindlessly babbling over them. These bands are starting to remind me of Nsync in a way.

you can't honestly call blink 182 a boyband. Granted their new stuff sucks, but go grab enema of the state or anything earlier and you should find some decent music

Solstis
Aug 7, 2004, 05:53 PM
On 2004-08-07 15:47, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

On 2004-08-07 14:01, InfinityXXX wrote:

you can't honestly call blink 182 a boyband. Granted their new stuff sucks, but go grab enema of the state or anything earlier and you should find some decent music

The whole point of me not liking Blink 182 is the whole "whiny, nasaly" voice thing they have going on.

I also dislike Good Charolette. If I wanted to hear a high-pitched, whining joker that can't carry a tune, I would sing in the shower more often. They may be able to pump out interesting and often catchy beats, but their voices.... agh!

Gestiv
Aug 7, 2004, 10:35 PM
I just don't listen to music I don't like. Simple enough.

However, sometimes I AM forced to listen to music I dislike. Case and point: My little sister. My family will be going somewhere, I won't have my CD player, and they let her listen to Radio Disney, so I'm stuck in the back listening to Hilary Duff and pop music from 7 years ago.

And about the Britney Spears/no talent thing... there IS strong evidence that she isn't the one singing (meaning has no "real" talent... dancing, maybe, but those moves of hers aren't enough to base a career on)... example: that concert in South America that got canceled because some piece of equipment that would have had no impact on the concert HAD SHE REALLY BEEN SINGING wasn't working. But hey, it's just speculation.

Kidz Bop... ohhhh boy. Let's take popular pop songs, have a bunch of kids sing them, and sell them to children that have no idea what the hell the subject material is about! I'm sure they'd really enjoy songs about suicide and having intercourse with drunk women!

Blink 182... like someone said before me, the whole whiny-nasaly thing just doesn't appeal to me.

God knows what Good Charlotte is trying to be/do...

Pop music nowadays is a lot of the same. The formula works, so people will milk it dry. It's how it always has been, and always will be. Just deal with it; you're not gonna be able to "turn someone away" from pop music by ranting about how much you don't like it.

One thing that really pisses me off, though: MTV (and most other media, but MTV mainly). Not because of music, no... because of the images it portrays. Artificial tanning, too much makeup, low cut tops... ruining people and who they are. False imagery, making people(girls, mainly) think that if they look that way, they will be popular/pretty/handsome/whatever. Girls don't have to get tanned to a crisp, curl their hair, get highlights, and wear revealing clothes to get my attention... just dance with me, talk with me, show the real you... not what somebody else wants you to be.

God, I need a college girl right now.

Armok
Aug 8, 2004, 05:50 AM
On 2004-08-07 14:08, Ness wrote:

On 2004-08-06 23:37, InfinityXXX wrote:

I atleast like one song by Vanilla Ice, which is more than I can say aobut Eminem.

Vanilla Ice was shit, MC Hammer was the king of Commercial rap music. Also Eminiem is ok his film werent to bad I though more dirty and realistic than most pop star type films