PDA

View Full Version : Female forces...

milat
Aug 6, 2004, 01:10 PM
Which is better, the FOmarl, or FOnewmarl? I know that the newmarl does have the most MST of the forces and gives for dmg to techs. The FOmarl however has a 2x radis to resta and does 1.5x dmg with megid and grants. So what would be or helpful?

Edit: Maybe I should have said this eariler than 14 posts.....I'd like to have a force with much tech dmg, but good support as well, so...yea...sry I messed up there

Edit2: Sadly at the moment, I can only play offline, but in acouple of days, that will be a thing of the past ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: milat on 2004-08-07 10:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: milat on 2004-08-07 10:13 ]</font>

Tycho
Aug 6, 2004, 01:16 PM
Foney; duh.

Fomarl has higher attackpower and durability, extra mats, and the advantage of a S/D boost and the grants extra damage. Megid does no damage, she hasn't got a boost to it either. Fomarl can wear more Hu-ish stuff.

Foney has.. tp recovery, highest mst/tp, simple tech and megid bonuses, and are way cuter.

I'm fonewearl; but now I see what I produced here, marl isn't bad either.

Eihwaz
Aug 6, 2004, 02:19 PM
If you want melee, FOmarl is better. If you want tech spamming, FOnewearl is better. If you want support FOrce, FOmarl is better.

rena-ko
Aug 6, 2004, 02:47 PM
foml is more versatile - you can virtually do what youre up to in the moment - melee, casting agressively, casting supportive - given you have seperate hunter and force mags and maybe a mixed mag on top of that.

though i'd plan in getting 125 TP mats in rappy festival for her.

fonl is more specialized. forget meleeing with her, its a waste of breath. she'll rip through anything given high enough mst, HP and tech levels offline. online she's not all that strong but she'll be death queen with a megid of 25+ - not to forget the support boost she gets.

Jason
Aug 6, 2004, 08:49 PM
As for me, I would go for a FOnewearl. A FOmarl may be better at meleeing like most of you say, but I don't have any trouble meleeing my FOnewearl in Ultimate Mode, especially offline. A FOnewearl can melee well, seriously. But as for online, she's pretty much better at casting for the killing. As for healing, a FOnewearl's range of Resta is bigger than a FOmarl's. FOnewearl have the most ATA & most MST of the force class, poor DFP but she can make it. Higher the level a FOnewearl is, faster her TP will recover when not moving (that a FOmarl not have, and less TP too). I love my FOnewearl (got a Magic Stone & a Lavis Cannon in a total of 3 torrs and 3 red slimes with her). Go for an elf! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-08-06 18:53 ]</font>

Kupi
Aug 6, 2004, 09:43 PM
I think the FOnewearl and FOmarl have the same Resta and Anti ranges, Jason. Maybe you're thinking about power? MST affects Resta's healing, so the FOnewearl is going to heal more than the FOmarl, with the same range and more TP to do so with.

Jason
Aug 6, 2004, 10:08 PM
On 2004-08-06 19:43, Kupi wrote:
I think the FOnewearl and FOmarl have the same Resta and Anti ranges, Jason. Maybe you're thinking about power? MST affects Resta's healing, so the FOnewearl is going to heal more than the FOmarl, with the same range and more TP to do so with.

No, I said about the range. That's a bonus for a FOnewearl, as it is a bonus for a FOmarl to have a greater range for Shifta & Deband. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

DOG21313
Aug 6, 2004, 11:27 PM
On 2004-08-06 20:08, Jason wrote:

No, I said about the range. That's a bonus for a FOnewearl, as it is a bonus for a FOmarl to have a greater range for Shifta & Deband. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1180

FOmarl has BOTH R/A and S/D boosts, while FOnewearl only has R/A.

Jason
Aug 7, 2004, 12:08 AM
On 2004-08-06 21:27, DOG21313 wrote:

On 2004-08-06 20:08, Jason wrote:

http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1180

FOmarl has BOTH R/A and S/D boosts, while FOnewearl only has R/A.

I did sensed that I made a mistake. I really do hate it when that happens... My apologies, Kupi.

Mystil
Aug 7, 2004, 12:12 AM
On 2004-08-06 12:47, rena-ko wrote:
foml is more versatile - you can virtually do what youre up to in the moment - melee, casting agressively, casting supportive - given you have seperate hunter and force mags and maybe a mixed mag on top of that.

though i'd plan in getting 125 TP mats in rappy festival for her.

fonl is more specialized. forget meleeing with her, its a waste of breath. she'll rip through anything given high enough mst, HP and tech levels offline. online she's not all that strong but she'll be death queen with a megid of 25+ - not to forget the support boost she gets.

I have megid 24..... You are so right about 25+.... 24 misses 1/2 the time..-_-

FOnewearls have the 1.5x range in Megid. Resta range and anti range gets bonus as well. SD is standard..you'd need Madams umbrella, striker of chao, or make Shifta merge, and deband merge..and swap them when you need to cast both.

Fonewearl can MATCH Fomarl in all support with Anti Merge, SD boosting weapon(see above). But still fall behind in the other stats. Fones have an edge with resta(max healing wise). But support is all that matters with Fonewearl. Too many areas, like Ep II have monsters extremely resistant to our attack techs.

FOmarls are hybrid class from my experience. They excel at the things a Fone cannot excel in. They have all the support advantages without needing equips to boost them. They have defense, they can kick ass without using techs(they suffer the greatest in techs cause they get no tech bonuses like the other classes do. Grants eats too much TP to even count as a good bonus.)

My opinion? If you like meleeing and healing/buffing/debuffing with no prob, FOmarl is the way to go. If you would rather sit back and freeze things, burn things, just nuke away heal and buff/debuff, FOnewearl is the way to go.

Also think about cost.

On average, I use 4-5 trifluids per game Im in, I have 2105TP. 20-30 difluids as well. Tri = 3k, 10 Tri = 32k. As you level, you will find yourself using more and more difluids til it gets to the point where 10 no longer can fill your TP back up.

I dont know if FOmarls have it better in TP management, but hehe my fone costs me lots. But it's cool cause money is easy to get in this game thankfully. Pure boomer though when you go broke while playing and out of fluids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-08-06 22:15 ]</font>

As for me, I would go for a FOnewearl. A FOmarl may be better at meleeing like most of you say, but I don't have any trouble meleeing my FOnewearl in Ultimate Mode, especially offline. A FOnewearl can melee well, seriously. But as for online, she's pretty much better at casting for the killing. As for healing, a FOnewearl's range of Resta is bigger than a FOmarl's. FOnewearl have the most ATA & most MST of the force class, poor DFP but she can make it. Higher the level a FOnewearl is, faster her TP will recover when not moving (that a FOmarl not have, and less TP too). I love my FOnewearl (got a Magic Stone & a Lavis Cannon in a total of 3 torrs and 3 red slimes with her). Go for an elf!

Fonewearl CAN melee WELL offline. But online is a whole new ball game. You'd need uber ATA boosting units and you'd need weapons with high hit. Oh and you'd have to sacrifice your natural magical abilities to do sopme decent damage. Your mag can't be all on MIND either. Fone meleeing online can be done. Hell some do it for TP stealing(and have no trouble doing it). But from my experience, it's not worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-08-06 22:20 ]</font>

Jason
Aug 7, 2004, 01:04 AM
On 2004-08-06 22:12, Silhouette wrote:
Fonewearl CAN melee WELL offline. But online is a whole new ball game. You'd need uber ATA boosting units and you'd need weapons with high hit.

Uhh, that's what I said. Why uber ATA boosting and weapons with high Hit %? FOnewearl have the most ATA out of the force class, so you should say that it is more necessary for FOmarls.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-08-06 23:11 ]</font>

Mystil
Aug 7, 2004, 03:11 AM
^Because at lv151 my ATA is 137. 137 is pathetic in ULT. So is 150, 155, 160+ it's ok. To max out, I need my 2 god arms off my hune, a god/ability for +2 ata(or a 1 point increase) my hunes 74 dex mag. PLUS for tp stealing, I need something over 30% hit.

Jason remember this is online ult, not offline ult where 150+ ATA can actually hit everything.

FOmarls max ATA is 160 I think....and they still have an edge oer us in this area cause they can get there much quicker. At 150 they have 132 ATA. This is with no ATA adjustments. For 150 FOnes 119 ATA. No adjustments. All FOmarls need is Hit% weapons. If they wanna max out quicker, units too.

Few corrections I need to make with what I said earlier..

We get Megid Penetration as a bonus. Difluids are 500 each.

Edit: I make it sound like Fone melee is so lame and ridiculous.. it is not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-08-07 04:19 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Aug 7, 2004, 06:58 AM

FOnewearls have the 1.5x range in Megid.

Fonewearl can MATCH Fomarl in all support with Anti Merge, SD boosting weapon(see above). But still fall behind in the other stats. Fones have an edge with resta(max healing wise). But support is all that matters with Fonewearl. Too many areas, like Ep II have monsters extremely resistant to our attack techs.

Few things:
1) FOnewearls boost to Megid is only the auto-pierce. They do not get increased success rate or extra range.
2) FOnewearls don't need the Anti Merge to have the same range as the FOmarl.
3) Episode 2 monsters are actually weak to Megid, compared to Epidoe 1 monsters. Meaning a FOnewearl Megid-spamming in tight areas can be useful.

MitsukoSouma
Aug 7, 2004, 07:21 AM
FOnewearls are the best and their cute http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tycho
Aug 7, 2004, 10:10 AM
On 2004-08-07 05:21, MitsukoSouma wrote:
FOnewearls are the best and their cute http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I agree.

I think foney's don't need that ability to melee easier, and it's not too hard to get an Umbrella or a Chao Striker.
I tried to explain my point about the 'foneys don't need to melee' a few topics above, in answerman's melee fonewearl guide. I'm not quoting it here though, it's kinda long with 2+ pages.

Mystil
Aug 7, 2004, 03:07 PM
On 2004-08-07 04:58, Ketchup345 wrote:

FOnewearls have the 1.5x range in Megid.

Few things:
1) FOnewearls boost to Megid is only the auto-pierce. They do not get increased success rate or extra range.
2) FOnewearls don't need the Anti Merge to have the same range as the FOmarl.
3) Episode 2 monsters are actually weak to Megid, compared to Epidoe 1 monsters. Meaning a FOnewearl Megid-spamming in tight areas can be useful.

1. I had already corrected in my previous posts. =]
2. True however, you get that spiffy extra animation with it! =D
3. But I only have megid 24 ;_;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-08-07 13:07 ]</font>

Fireal
Aug 7, 2004, 05:50 PM
I have a level 156 FOney, she's my self proclaimed cutest FO in PSO.
But if you want to make one, no point in being a FO if you are only half as good as the next FO.
Be the best!
FOnewearls > FOmarls

Zarode
Aug 7, 2004, 06:26 PM
On 2004-08-07 15:50, Fireal wrote:
FOnewearls < FOmarls

Sorry, I had to nic pick your statement, you got the greater then sign the wrong way. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

darthsaber9x9
Aug 7, 2004, 06:59 PM
the only think i don't like about my FOne is that shes pinkal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

milat
Aug 7, 2004, 07:08 PM
On 2004-08-07 16:26, Zarode wrote:

FOnewearls < FOmarls

Sorry, I had to nic pick your statement, you got the greater then sign the wrong way. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Sorry, ur the one who got that one wrong, she had the right orginally http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fireal
Aug 7, 2004, 07:10 PM
On 2004-08-07 16:26, Zarode wrote:

FOnewearls < FOmarls

You lie!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And by the sounds of things most people agree with me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

P.S My Sig w00t w00t.

Nai_Calus
Aug 7, 2004, 07:13 PM
Best female Force is the FOmar.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 7, 2004, 07:19 PM
On 2004-08-07 17:13, Ian-KunX wrote:
Best female Force is the FOmar.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ian, you're lacking an avatar, a mood and a sig, wats happened!?