PDA

View Full Version : Unsealed Door, Waterfall Tears, and Soul Eater

Eihwaz
Aug 6, 2004, 03:09 PM
Okay, while attempting to get my Soul Eater in BB, I was horrified to learn that you must talk to Sue in Unsealed Door. I had not gone through that room with Sue in it, so I didn't talk to her, and thusly cannot get my Soul Eater at this point. -_-

Can't I just redo Unsealed Door and Waterfall Tears (which I also just completed) after going to Unsealed Door and talking to Sue, finishing up the quest, finishing up Waterfall Tears again, then continue on normally? Or do I have to wait till next dificulty or new character? -_-

Eanae
Aug 6, 2004, 03:13 PM
You can just do it again. I did the same exact thing when I was going to get my soul eater. I looked at the guide and went, "I was supposed to do wha..." But it turned out all good. Jut finish all the quests, and go back and do it again, and it should work.

rena-ko
Aug 6, 2004, 03:14 PM
hm, i guess it just depends on if you told sue your name or not. so try. good luck

Hrith
Aug 6, 2004, 03:15 PM
On 2004-08-06 13:09, Eihwaz wrote:
Or do I have to wait till next dificulty or new character? -_-
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Eihwaz
Aug 6, 2004, 03:38 PM
I didn't tell Sue my name.

And I'm uh confused. Eanae says I can just go redo them, but Kef says I have no hope...which is it? I don't wanna have to do all those quests, to get nothing. -_-

Hrith
Aug 6, 2004, 03:56 PM
if you did not tell her your name, then it's ok for Soul Eater, unless it's BB specific, but if you'vs completed the quest once, you cannot back on your decision ever

Eihwaz
Aug 6, 2004, 04:08 PM
On 2004-08-06 13:56, Kef wrote:
if you did not tell her your name, then it's ok for Soul Eater, unless it's BB specific, but if you'vs completed the quest once, you cannot back on your decision ever

So, I can't just beat all "offline" quests, then go back to Unsealed Door and tell her my name?

Hrith
Aug 6, 2004, 04:13 PM
nope, or you would get both Ragol Ring and Soul Eater.

rena-ko
Aug 6, 2004, 04:24 PM
beat all offline quests? that would prolly take longer than just doing it again on another difficulty..

Eihwaz
Aug 6, 2004, 04:25 PM
On 2004-08-06 14:13, Kef wrote:
nope, or you would get both Ragol Ring and Soul Eater.

Dammit. >_<

Oh well, I guess I can just use that Cutter that RFB gave me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saffran
Aug 6, 2004, 06:37 PM
Only the flag "didn't tell Sue my name" is activated. That means that if you complete all offline quests, then do the follow up quest (with Mome) again and this time talk to SUE, you can then do all quests needed again (waterfall tears, black paper, from th edepths) and you will most defintely get the Soul Eater.
And yes, it works on BB (and on DC) because that's precisely what I did on very hard. I'll go for the ragol ring in Ultimate.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 6, 2004, 06:41 PM
On 2004-08-06 16:37, Saffran wrote:
Only the flag "didn't tell Sue my name" is activated. That means that if you complete all offline quests, then do the follow up quest (with Mome) again and this time talk to SUE, you can then do all quests needed again (waterfall tears, black paper, from th edepths) and you will most defintely get the Soul Eater.
And yes, it works on BB (and on DC) because that's precisely what I did on very hard. I'll go for the ragol ring in Ultimate.

as far as i knew, it was the opposite. completing the quest saved your decision.

Nai_Calus
Aug 6, 2004, 07:23 PM
You don't tell Sue your name in Unsealed Door, though. XP You just talk to her. >_>; You tell her your name(or don't) in Dr. Osto's Research. O_o;

Eihwaz
Aug 6, 2004, 08:53 PM
-_-

I think we have a misunderstanding.

1) I DID NOT TELL SUE MY NAME IN DR. OSTO'S RESEARCH
2) I DID NOT TALK TO SUE IN UNSEALED DOOR.

There, clarified. >_>

EDIT: Damn, I'm stupid. >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-08-07 06:15 ]</font>

Hrith
Aug 7, 2004, 03:38 AM
the only quest that can screw j00 is Dr. Osto's Research, therefore you're screwed http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tycho
Aug 7, 2004, 04:15 AM
If you fail in a quest (by saying one of the wrong things), all you can do is hard reset. Save and quit is not an option.
Trust me, I know. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rainbowlemon
Aug 7, 2004, 07:52 AM
Waz, I ensured that you DIDN'T tell her name, so how come all of a sudden you have? If you chose the bottom option when she talks to you at the end of the quest, it all should be ok - you will be able to go back after finishing all quests and redo unsealed door, but talk to Sue this time >_>

Eihwaz
Aug 7, 2004, 08:14 AM
ARGH!!

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME I DIDN'T TELL SUE MY NAME!

I didn't tell her my name in Dr. Osto's Research, but I also didn't talk to her AT ALL in Unsealed Door. Can't I get a straight answer?

EDIT: So, Antimony, if I finish up all the quests, and talk to her in Unsealed Door, I can get Soul Eater? Meh, I could probably get it faster through a trade or next dificulty...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-08-07 06:15 ]</font>

Xaos127
Aug 7, 2004, 09:27 AM
Yes you can get it, better. This happened to me a long time ago but that was on GC, it might have changed on BB but most unlikely.