PDA

View Full Version : PSO:BB... Good news for US?

GyroidFanatic
Aug 7, 2004, 12:35 PM
I haven't been here a while, but I don't think this is old...

http://pc.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/7316/

Released in Japan in July of this year, Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst may be set to make its U.S. debut on the PC. Speculation of a U.S. release for the game was driven by a trademark filing for Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst with the U.S. Patent Office. The filing was made on July 19th of this year.

anwserman
Aug 7, 2004, 12:44 PM
I'll buy the sucker if it is released over here.
*eyes up X-Box, GC and DC versions of PSO*

I'm a PSO-Whore.

Para
Aug 7, 2004, 01:15 PM
I doubt they would do it for the U.S. still because of SEGA's given history with PC games. However this patent filing is interesting.

Released in Japan in July of this year, Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst may be set to make its U.S. debut on the PC. Speculation of a U.S. release for the game was driven by a trademark filing for Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst with the U.S. Patent Office. The filing was made on July 19th of this year.
Im sure SEGA made that filing. I wouldn't count on this filing to drive such a rumour. All Phantasy Star games have an english name and seeming that multiple non japanese players play PSO BB, it would seem logical they would need to patent it, especially for the U.S. Yes they are making a full english translation but it will probably be a language option and nothing more like the previous PSO PC.

Eihwaz
Aug 7, 2004, 02:46 PM
Hell, I'd be more than happy with just an English language option. But I suppose if they do release it in the US, if it's considerably cheaper, and if you get to keep your characters, I might transfer over.

Para
Aug 7, 2004, 04:39 PM
Theres not even enough people to fill all the BB ships so I dont think they would make another group of ships. Maintaining servers already cost a bunch of cash and then they still need to work on content.
Releasing an english version in the US is ill advised.

Zinger314
Aug 7, 2004, 10:06 PM
On 2004-08-07 14:39, Nites wrote:
Maintaining servers already cost a bunch of cash and then they still need to work on content.

WHAT content?

So far, they haven't given anything that hasn't been on the console versions. So until they hit that spot, I think it would be easy for Sega.

However, the ONLY reason it could be delayed is the translation for the government quests. That's it, really.

Seval
Aug 7, 2004, 10:21 PM
I still am not sure what blue burst is.... I'm so stupid. Is it an expantion for the PC version?

Getintothegame
Aug 7, 2004, 10:32 PM
It is PSO for the PC with a new area and Episode 2 on it.

Para
Aug 8, 2004, 12:03 AM
On 2004-08-07 20:06, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2004-08-07 14:39, Nites wrote:
Maintaining servers already cost a bunch of cash and then they still need to work on content.

WHAT content?

So far, they haven't given anything that hasn't been on the console versions. So until they hit that spot, I think it would be easy for Sega.

However, the ONLY reason it could be delayed is the translation for the government quests. That's it, really.

As for content I am referring to Stern Lux Plateau and the monsters of Stern Lux Plateau. That's what I mean for content. Then they have to deal with quest transition. Then they gotta be ahead of hackers all the time. Then they gotta deal with the translation. Thats what i mean by content. They will have ultimate to bring up. They are still working on episode II experience. Battle mode and Challenge mode still needs to be put up. There is not only one reason but more than that. Think about RO. Many private servers had their content translated alot faster compared to the main servers so it must really take time. Things arent as simple as you think it is.

Getintothegame
Aug 8, 2004, 02:02 AM
I probably won't buy it now that I think about it. My video card sucks, and it wouldn't be worth it just to play an extra stage.

Might change my mind.

Rainbowlemon
Aug 8, 2004, 07:40 AM
I would definately go for it, I love PSOBB, it rocks! I can't wait till I get a new gfx card though, cca runs really really slow for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zinger314
Aug 8, 2004, 10:46 AM
On 2004-08-07 11:15, Nites wrote:
I doubt they would do it for the U.S. still because of SEGA's given history with PC games. However this patent filing is interesting.

Im sure SEGA made that filing. I wouldn't count on this filing to drive such a rumour. All Phantasy Star games have an english name and seeming that multiple non japanese players play PSO BB, it would seem logical they would need to patent it, especially for the U.S. Yes they are making a full english translation but it will probably be a language option and nothing more like the previous PSO PC.

Hmm. Forgot about Stern Lux Plateau. Good Point.

I'd play PSOBB 24/7, if Sega has a way to pay with Dollars, not Yen. They'll need to do that for the English Translation as well.

Para
Aug 8, 2004, 12:49 PM
On 2004-08-08 05:40, Antimony wrote:
I would definately go for it, I love PSOBB, it rocks! I can't wait till I get a new gfx card though, cca runs really really slow for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Same here!
Fucking Fog -_-a;
Thankfully I can go through CCA without dying http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As for BB content, we don't know how much content ST has planned for BB. Once a new area opens up, alot more quests could be added. Then remember, since this is a PC version, the option of adding additional content is open so don't discount any other special exclusives to BB.

badbitz
Aug 8, 2004, 03:56 PM
PSOBB in the US would be very nice...but it doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon if at all.

Link00seven
Aug 8, 2004, 06:07 PM
If PSOBB was released in the US, that'd be nice.

However I'd be nice if Sega released an update at the US release that allowed the JP game to be played in english...but they're not that nice, lol.

Para
Aug 8, 2004, 07:06 PM
On 2004-08-08 16:07, Link00seven wrote:

However I'd be nice if Sega released an update at the US release that allowed the JP game to be played in english...but they're not that nice, lol.

You'll be nice if they released an update @ the US release?

What does you being nice have to do with this? XD

I just hope they will release an english option because i want to see the english version of the gov quests.

Arislan
Aug 8, 2004, 11:44 PM
Zinger- Uhh, if you use a credit card, the compan will do an auto currency translation for you... You can play just fine without having yen in your bank account or anything.

Link00seven
Aug 9, 2004, 08:48 AM
On 2004-08-08 17:06, Nites wrote:

On 2004-08-08 16:07, Link00seven wrote:

You'll be nice if they released an update @ the US release?

What does you being nice have to do with this? XD

I just hope they will release an english option because i want to see the english version of the gov quests.

You read my post wrong, or I screwed up typing it, lol.

I said that at the US releaese of the game, they should make it so the JP game has English Language Option so we dont have to go out and buy US versions.

I said THEM being nice, not me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Para
Aug 9, 2004, 11:38 AM
but link the quote says

However I'd be nice

heyf00L
Aug 9, 2004, 12:49 PM
Filing a patent is cheap. Companies do it all the time for stupid names and things just to cover all bases.

Hrith
Aug 9, 2004, 01:01 PM
On 2004-08-09 09:38, Nites wrote:
but link the quote says

However I'd be nice

but it was obvious that he meant "it'd be nice" >_>