PDA

View Full Version : Denab block 9. I've experienced it. Come read legits! =D

Mystil
Aug 7, 2004, 03:02 PM
I have no problems, if this is moved to rants, or locked for going against this sections rules(I'd have to reread all the rules anyway, been gone for a bit you know. =o)

Anyhow

I was not aware that this was a "legit only" ship til I made it known that I was nonlegit in public there. Nothing like being harrassed by 10+ legit players for 30 minutes. Needless to say, I stood my ground and even tried reasoning(by trying to get atleast one of them to play me just once and see that I'm not all that powerful and I dont really use uber hacked junk.) Since it was proven to me to be a lost cause, I then decided to just defend non legits.

The point I tried to make to them was that not all of us are bad. I guess it doesnt matter, if you use a duped wep, how you play is negated by that fact and you are a lame player. Though I have duped items, I play fair with both my characters, not to mention I'm not an asshole like some of you legits claim all nonlegits are.

Ask anyone on denab have they heard of me, they will say I am bad, I am a prostitute, etc etc.

Things have changed since I last played. Legits were not this rude to nonlegits back then... Maybe this is a bad bunch, cause last night I was playing with 3 legits and they all seemed ok with my unlegitamecy. Strange.

So, anyone on denab, as I will stick to what I said, and NEVER leave that ship. I am not your enemy, and I'm not going to "ruin" your games.

I like to play this game. I can always use legit stuff to suit legit only games. No big deal. Or is that even frowned upon?

While your hatred is somewhat justified, the harrassement is not called for, and shouldnt be thrown at a person who clearly doesnt fit the description of like nonlegits that have scorned you in your days.

That is all.

modoru
Aug 7, 2004, 03:22 PM
Who were you when these ppl didnt care for your unlegitemacy? If it was a Hard game prolly was me one of em, which Char were you using?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FoxfireMaster on 2004-08-07 13:23 ]</font>

Mystil
Aug 7, 2004, 03:24 PM
It was an ult game. At the time I was uing my FO.

modoru
Aug 7, 2004, 03:58 PM
I see....I thought you were a person i played with in Deneb who was Illegit, In a hard game while i was using my Clan Master.

Solstis
Aug 7, 2004, 05:01 PM
When I played in legit servers/blocks, whatever, I usually changed my equipment.

(except for that one time... hehe)

Then again, it's often too late by that time. I can't take much yelling until I either get sad or pissed.

Superguppie
Aug 7, 2004, 05:24 PM
On 2004-08-07 13:02, Silhouette wrote:
Things have changed since I last played. Legits were not this rude to nonlegits back then...

As far as I can tell nothing much has changed. I've been playing online for well over a year now and the extremist legits have always been there, and they've always been a pain to illegits. Maybe you just hadn't noticed before because you'd never met too many of'em.

Maybe this is a bad bunch, cause last night I was playing with 3 legits and they all seemed ok with my unlegitamecy. Strange.

Not all legits are extremists. Personaly I can play with anyone that plays nice and well. If an argument arises I can often do my part with fire. But I won't let it ruin my mood or anything. And in case of misbehavior, I leave. Arguing with assholes is no use, and assholes are the only ones that need arguing/running from.

So, anyone on denab, as I will stick to what I said, and NEVER leave that ship. I am not your enemy, and I'm not going to "ruin" your games.

My main argument against cheating is that you already have ruined my game. During your absence there have been a few topics where this was discussed. I won't redo it here and now.

I like to play this game. I can always use legit stuff to suit legit only games. No big deal. Or is that even frowned upon?

It depends on who you meet. The extremists don't want to play with anyone that even hints at having had something that might not have been legit.
There are some illegit things that, in some rare situations, reduce the chances of finding red boxes. I already heard of extremist legits spreading false rumours about this. (Like ANY cheat will do that in ANY situation.)
Most legits will be ok with using legit stuff only in their games. And I think quite a few will be ok with illegit stuff too, as long as you behave.

While your hatred is somewhat justified, the harrassement is not called for, and shouldnt be thrown at a person who clearly doesnt fit the description of like nonlegits that have scorned you in your days.

Any harassment is uncalled for. To anyone that would do what was done to Silhouette:
Don't turn legitness into a disgrace. Stay polite. Many cheaters will behave. They will switch to legit stuf when asked. And they will even leave when asked.
When that doesn't work, leave yourself. Illegits that make it come this far are not worth any effort, and they are definitely NOT gonna have any use for your lecturing/cursing and swearing. They are best left alone to rot in their lonely misery. Be the wiser and just get out of their way.
If the illegit pursues you, he/she is not just illegit, he/she is an asshole. Luckily ST gave us some protection from assholes (not as much as I'd like, but some) in the form of a password you can put on your team. I hate using it too, but I have found that recently it is hardly needed anymore.

Tycho
Aug 7, 2004, 07:25 PM
Silhouette, it's just people generalizing, don't take it too personal. And I think you just got unlucky, not everyone is like that.
I myself have no problems at all with playing in a team with non-uberhax cheaters.

If you get to know some nice people to play in games with, I'm sure the rest of the people who join those games will see it's ok.
Again, don't let it get to you too much.

Fireal
Aug 7, 2004, 07:48 PM
Um...
As a Deneb legit myself I'd like to say that when somebody enters a game and lets the others know they cheat, most of us do not want you there because you didn't work as hard as us for your stuff and levels.
You can't just switch to legit because you feel like being legit, and then expect to get away with it.
Play all legit, or don't join legit games, on a legit ship.

I don't disrespect cheaters in Deneb, unless I feel reason to.
There's no point in trying to defend cheating either, as their is no legitimate argument to enforce the idea of cheating as good.

That all said, if you didn't provoke the argument, I apolagise on behalf of the 'nicer' Deneb players.
There was a recent influx of Vega players recently, which I don't appreciate.

Just remember, Deneb is the home of legit players.
Respect us enough to stay away.
Please.

Corey
Aug 8, 2004, 12:09 AM
Deneb 09?
Completely legit ship?
That kinda makes me chukle...
I've seen alot of unlegits there...
quite a bit of n00bs too
Though, I will admit, I have also seen a fair share of smart people there too though...

Mystil
Aug 8, 2004, 10:37 AM
My main argument against cheating is that you already have ruined my game. During your absence there have been a few topics where this was discussed. I won't redo it here and now.

K. Since this came from you. I took that very personal. I've never been in a game with you that I have "ruined". Yes I know what you mean, but I dont by that "me is like everyone" crap.

Anyways, things I do not use...

300% weapons.
Multiwhatevers.
Whatever this stacking crap is.
Anything else that donates exp stealing from others.

All I use on my fo is Madams Umbrella, gability, cure/shock/paralyze/slow/freeze. And anti merge made by me through barriers and the amp. These are things I've used since I was level 132(cept umbrella, I used Cadacues to lvl 144 when I was able to use umbrella) and I will use them all the way to lv200, I no longer accept dupes from anyone as I now finally have what I need. My Mag is legit, as I raise all my mags. Things like pyscho wand, dark bridge, 4 gminds and all that other junk, are things I dont need nor want. I am a modest nonlegit.

Respect us enough to stay away.
Please.
The Damage has been done.
To me. I'll go there like I go to any other ship, I can play "legit" AS much as I want ~_^. Unless you pay my bill, then you can tell me to stay away, enter anymore games though? Trust me I wont. You want never know I'm there anyway.

Wow I'm the Rosa Parks of PSO. LOL!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-08-08 08:42 ]</font>

Fireal
Aug 8, 2004, 01:00 PM
You should be able to respect players wishes enough to not go where you are on the whole, unappreciated.

Sure you pay your HL, but so do we.
And for that we would like to be able to play with people who don't feel the need to cheat, but apparently that's not possible.

For you $9 a month, you could go play in Vega where people don't mind cheating, but there are still legits.

Im sure you'd respect someone enough not to walk into their home with muddy shoes, so please keep your muddy shoes out of our home.

Corey
Aug 9, 2004, 11:53 AM
But in Vega You get LSOD from nugz.tk or FSOD from EP3 FOkiller ...
And no one reserves the right to tell people where they can play and can't
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-08-09 09:54 ]</font>

Superguppie
Aug 9, 2004, 12:44 PM
On 2004-08-08 08:37, Silhouette wrote:
K. Since this came from you. I took that very personal. I've never been in a game with you that I have "ruined". Yes I know what you mean, but I dont by that "me is like everyone" crap.

If you had found those other topics you would have known I meant the you for cheaters in general, not for you personaly.
Cheating has effects on legits gameplay. Many of these can be avoided, so despite a dislike of them, I won't complain. The problem is with effects that can not be avoided.
There are effects of cheating that are felt even if you never meet, as is the case with us. Many cheaters even deny they exist, but many legits feel them every day. That is the way in which any cheater has already ruined my game. I object to to that.
Weird thing is the most obvious and direct ways to ruin my game are also the easiest to avoid. Also, anyone doing that doesn't even have to be a cheater, but always is an asshole. And assholes are an entirely different subject.
It's the ones that are not that obvious that hurt me the most. Especialy since they seem to be close to unavoidable.

Anyways, things I do not use...

300% weapons.
Multiwhatevers.
Whatever this stacking crap is.
Anything else that donates exp stealing from others.

I don't care what is used or not used. If the indirect effects of cheating weren't there I might not even object to any of the above...

RedSchwar
Aug 9, 2004, 02:41 PM
I don't think that Rosa Parks analogy is very good.

You see, she wasn't doing anything wrong. She just happened to be African-American. You ARE doing something wrong. As little as it is enforced, you are breaking a written contract stating you will not cheat.

If you do not use all that multiequipping and other hacking BS, then why are you too afraid to take the plunge and not cheat at all? It really is more satsifying to find your own stuff.

Is anyone getting the impression that the topic starter is trying to rationalize themselves and their actions to this board?

If you're not comfortable cheating, you'd best not ask legits what they think of it unless you want advice that will suggest change.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Aug 9, 2004, 09:24 PM
Well to be blunt in reguards to the above post, there's a difference between doing somthing wrong and disobeying orders.

zathura2
Aug 10, 2004, 04:50 AM
As an ex-duper, I can definitely see both points of view. At one point I owned almost every weapon and slot unit there was. My bank was literally full of rare weps, items and hacked mags.

It was all well and good until I met some nice legits on the Sega.com boards. They invited me to join Grownupgamers.com, since I expressed a desire to play legit for once.

I dumped EVERY SINGLE duped item I owned. Even though I'm 100% legit now, and dissaprove of cheating, I don't mind playing with unlegits, under a few conditions.

No 1304 mags
No TJ-swords (they just pizz me off.)
And of course, no multi-equipping or item stacking.

If a duper is willing to be polite to me and play to have fun, I'm fine with that. I've started to avoid Deneb 9 however, because even the legits there are real assholes. Whether legit or unlegit, I will NOT play with assholes. If you're nice to me, then I'm nice to you, it's that simple.