PDA

View Full Version : need help getting the spread needle

TheDing
Aug 7, 2004, 07:16 PM
i was checking out the enemy counts of all the quests, so my redria can find the spread needle off a chaos bringer (drop rates are 1/371 or something like that)i saw that From the Depths quest gave me like 7 chaos bringers soo i was wondering if i should go for it, or do ruin runs better? thanks in advance

darthsaber9x9
Aug 7, 2004, 07:27 PM
id go for it. I dunno about the other enemy counts, but you can get some other decent items there as well. but yeh if you just want spread needle, seems like a good idea. I hope you have better luck than i have had!

FattyMcGee
Aug 7, 2004, 10:38 PM
if you have a good purplenum, greenil or yellowboze character, it would probably be easier/faster to kill merlans for that spread needle.

Either go through the ruins normally, or if you don't mind the repetativeness, do the Retired Hunter quest over and over again (kill the first 6 merlans, then go back to town and restart quest).

Doing the first couple rooms to kill those 6 merlans in Retired Hunter takes less than 5 minutes (usually about 4 min), and you get the quest fairly early on which makes it extra nice.

If you dont' have a high lvl in those section IDs, then yes I guess the Dark Bringer would be your best bet.

--fatty

Cc08
Aug 7, 2004, 11:55 PM
Do the quest. I have heard from a lot of people that the Redria SN drops easy. Took me many a run on my Purplenum.

cHaOsMaZtA
Aug 7, 2004, 11:58 PM
If you go by math, it would take 50 from the depths runs for bringer drop, and far less ruins 1&2 runs for merlan drop. I got my spread needle with a purplenum in 4 ruins 1&2 runs.

Hrith
Aug 8, 2004, 03:43 AM
I got 1 SN in Purplenum and 4 in Redria, I'd say your chances are equal, go for the ID that finds other nice stuff for you.

cHaOsMaZtA
Aug 8, 2004, 10:16 PM
Well, you got rather lucky Kef. Logic says you should find more in purplenum.

Deuce
Aug 8, 2004, 10:30 PM
Some people... (me...) can go 100+ runs without finding a SN. I hate you kef...

Dana
Aug 9, 2004, 12:07 AM
On 2004-08-08 20:30, Deuce wrote:
Some people... (me...) can go 100+ runs without finding a SN. I hate you kef...

how mant did he do?