PDA

View Full Version : You're not [insert popular website owner or movie star here]

Ness
Aug 7, 2004, 09:41 PM
Note: this is directed at no one in particular. And I know some of you are going to whine about me ripping this from Maddox, but the only thing similar about the two is the title.

I'm tired of people yelling out "YEAHHHH" and "OKAAAAY" like an idiot everytime the oppurtunity arises. I know you think Dave Chapelle is funny, but you aren't. It was only mildy funny when he did it so how funny do you think it is when you do it? You are killing a joke by repeating it over and over again in in a non-funny manner.

The same goes for people who take stuff from Maddox, Penny Arcade, or Homestar Runner and try to make it into their own little joke. No, you are not funny. It's on Maddox's website for a reason and that reason is because only he can make it funny. The smae goes for Homestar Runner. His flash movies are funny because he's the one that made them and trying to do your own little spin-off makes you (and sometimes Homestar Runner) look bad.

What makes it even more annoying is that the people who do these things use the lamest acts or webpages made by those people. I'm sorry but if the creator of the joke can't make it funny, then you can't either so don't even try it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-08-07 19:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-08-07 19:42 ]</font>

Solstis
Aug 7, 2004, 09:46 PM
People still do that "OOOKAY" crap?

Idiots.

When will they learn? (death?)

InfernoNR7
Aug 7, 2004, 09:47 PM
I agree, I can't tell you HOW MANY FREAKIN times I heard EVERY guy at school say "Yeeeaaaaaaaahhhh". IT's not funny (like you said).

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

anwserman
Aug 7, 2004, 10:55 PM
I've done it a couple times, mostly from Special Ed on "Crank Yankers". But then again, I typically say where I steal it from and apologize for slaughtering it.

Then I laugh at my own stupidity - but yes, people who do it, and think they're cool in the process - are stupid. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

tai_EX
Aug 8, 2004, 12:19 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif dont remind me... UGH! sooo many people carried that dammed quote for so freakin long... let it die people..

Armok
Aug 8, 2004, 02:39 AM
I have absolutly no idea about any of the people/websites you mentioned (other than PA). I also fail to see who is attually bugging you with thee phases as I ain't heard any of 'em.

On side note god I hate the3 insert key dam annoying piece of shit.

Firocket1690
Aug 8, 2004, 03:06 AM
i thought the phrase people bastardized from dave chappelle was the "i'm rick james' bitch!" thing.

Sef
Aug 8, 2004, 03:16 AM
On 2004-08-08 01:06, Firocket1690 wrote:
i thought the phrase people bastardized from dave chappelle was the "i'm rick james' bitch!" thing.

It's both...

They love Lil Jon and they love Rick James.(I heard he died.)

AUTO_
Aug 8, 2004, 04:31 AM
On 2004-08-08 01:16, Sef wrote:

It's both...

Errr...Ray Charles?

No offense, but if people use quotes from movies, etc, they're not doing it to boost their own image. Most people do it because they find it funny and want to re-create what they've seen--and by saying it--it sparks that same knowledge with others who've seen it and enjoyed it.

Most people who say "WHhHhHHAAattT" "oOOKKKKAYYYE" etc don't do it to heighten their comedic status.

They do it because it's funny to them. That's all that fucking matters anyways right?

WhhHHHHHhHhHATTT? OoOoKKAAAYyYYEE. YAIIIYYAAAaA!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
Aug 8, 2004, 09:28 AM
No, most people do it because they think it's funny to the people around them. You'd be surprised how much most people want to impress those around them.

Another thing that gets on my nevers is when peopel try to act like Cartman.

tai_EX
Aug 8, 2004, 03:25 PM
On 2004-08-08 02:31, AUTO_ wrote:

On 2004-08-08 01:16, Sef wrote:

It's both...

Errr...Ray Charles?

No offense, but if people use quotes from movies, etc, they're not doing it to boost their own image. Most people do it because they find it funny and want to re-create what they've seen--and by saying it--it sparks that same knowledge with others who've seen it and enjoyed it.

Most people who say "WHhHhHHAAattT" "oOOKKKKAYYYE" etc don't do it to heighten their comedic status.

They do it because it's funny to them. That's all that fucking matters anyways right?

WhhHHHHHhHhHATTT? OoOoKKAAAYyYYEE. YAIIIYYAAAaA!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

nope rick james died i think a few days ago. they say it was natural causes but the man was 50 years old... thats not natural. thats drug induced! as he said on the rick james episode of the Chappelle Show "Cocain is one hella of drug.."

yes it was Mr. James, and it seemed to be too much for you to handle...

AUTO_
Aug 8, 2004, 03:28 PM
On 2004-08-08 07:28, Ness wrote:
No, most people do it because they think it's funny to the people around them. You'd be surprised how much most people want to impress those around them.

Another thing that gets on my nevers is when peopel try to act like Cartman.

Yeah, but how many times after people laugh have you heard them say "Wow dude you're really funny!".

They say, "yeah I remember that...[that guy] is funny!".

Ness
Aug 8, 2004, 03:36 PM
Actually, most of them don't say anything. Either that are they start copying Dave Chapelle as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-08-08 13:36 ]</font>

Guile
Aug 8, 2004, 04:40 PM
I stopped watching Chappelle's Show cuz of the people who ran around qouting ever word he said.
Yes Rick James passed..it was a sad sad sad day.