PDA

View Full Version : Tis another day to level up in PSO

Firocket1690
Aug 8, 2004, 04:07 AM
-.-

Yay, me is having a nice say in town today ("town" as in flushing, queens, NY) i take my ipod out of my pocket to change to another playlist, but the clock pops up on the upper toolbar, saying it's 8:54.
Today is saturday, so firo has to drag her ass back home onto pso and open up the happy little salvation army shop for the kind inactive people of psow. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
sooo, firo doesnt have time to have a 'real' dinner, and buys a small take out order of takotaki (some japanese name for squid balls) and rushes onto the q15 and comes home late at around 9:10. Firo rushes online and gibs out one donation to cap_canuk, and sits there idle for the rest of the hour. -.-

meanwhile on the irc channel, firo complains about said donation shop which is almost always idle, and sef volunteers to help firo organize the sa items. Yay!
[skip a few hours to midnight]

[/semi-happy night]

Firo finally gets to play. So she gets onto her ramarl and bugs people on mail. Firo finds a friend of hers that moved to ffxi and came back, so firo goes off to meet user and talk. After a bit, some random fomar walks in and interrupts said conversaion. "CAN NE OF U HLP ME LVL!?" Firo's friend also happened to need to leave, so firo says bye, and helps poor noob. There was also another hucaseal that offered to help. He/she happened to be a quiet one though.

[i hate kids]
Said fomar is at level 28, and tells me to help him get to VHard mode. We start a hard ttf run and i bring nothing but a crush bullet and charge repeaters (5% hit)along with 20,000 meseta. We warp down to forest and he starts shooting the boomas with a Varista. I tell him to use his techs because he is a fomar, so he thanks me for reminding him, then starts tagging all the monsters with gizonde, then continuing to shoot with his little varista. Me, being level 127 and not wanting to kill everything, just uses a light-heavy attacks with a crush bullet to keep all the enemies barely alive, for his kill. All goes decently. I do about twenty combos of special/special/special with the charge repeaters. Knowing the dragon won't die unless it flies at least once, i start attacking with light/light/light combos. It dies, and both of them rush to collect items, whilst I run off to caves. Rushing ahead to enter the 'room' to activate the shark, then killing it, then the slime. The lillies appear, and the other two arrive in caves. The lillies paralyze the fomar, and he walks up to me, expecting and anti, I give it to him, and ask him why he doesn't carry any sols, considering he's at a decent level that can buy them often. He claims to have a lot and says he'll use them next time. Two seconds later, he's walking up next to my ramarl again, paralyzed. I repeat his quote and walk away into the next room. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif i start a light/light/light combo on the five entry door sharks. He walks in, casts gizonde on them, and walks outside the room, waiting for me to kill them. the hucaseal kills the lilly on the other side of the room, and the five lillies spawn all around the room. After two of them die, the fomar gets paralyzed again, and walks up to me, awaiting an anti. I just resume to kill the nano dragons, leaving him paralyzed, trying to force him a lesson. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif next room, he walks in, tags, and waits outside.
Huge room: he shoots every single one of those slimes with his little varista, doing 60 or so damage each time, and not letting me shoot anything. This goes on for about five minutes when he eventually kills off all the slimes.
[Same thing for most of mines and most of ruins]
Last room of ruins before falz: hucaseal pipes up to buy stuff, and I kill two of the bringers. I just leave the last one to him to kill alone, and scream from in front of falz' warp "use techs !~ "
He runs around the room, avoiding the charges and shooting the fscking thing with a varista for 62 damage apiece. Hucaseal finally returns about the time fomar's done shooting down the bringer.

Trying to finish this as fast as possible and leave, I rushed the first two phases of falz with charge repeaters. I also rip apart phase three with mechs whenever possible, Eventually, falz uses her/its souls stealing thingy on me. Both, the hucaseal and the fomar were using handguns, whilst I'm the only one healing myself with a pitiful resta. They don't even slow down when I'm down to red hp. >_<;;

[/i hate kids]

Eventually, we finishe the quest, and I rush back to bank my items. The fomar asks me what mechs i was using and which mag i was using. I calmly explained ot him it was charge repeaqters and no mag. Informing him that if i had a mag, I'd kill everything in one hit, not leaving him any expierence, he realized that I knew what I was doing.

I rush out of the game, and bug dhylec on simple mail. Then 'meet user' to altair 4 (from antares 10)
I sit in my little private corner, waiting for dhylec and scejntynahl to finish their game. The same little short ugly fomar appears and says "there u are!" like he's been searching for me.

Evil stalker peoples. >_<;

i thought 'help me level' usually meant 'help me through the level', not 'lemme tag stuff while you beat the thing for me'. I remember my lv 47 humar tagging with a gizonde, then staying in the room to kill off enemies with a stag. =o

yesh, i know one little asstard is rather insignificant, but i finally got some time to play some pso. Barely got any sleep last night, father woke me up early for no apparant reason. and I'm hungry. I'll probably feel better in the morning. >.>;

oh, and digi, i saved my lunch money for that ipod, shaddup. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-08-08 02:58 ]</font>

digigram
Aug 8, 2004, 04:51 AM
hurray for 15 yr olds with ipods.

Tycho
Aug 8, 2004, 07:37 AM
Aww, that sucks, I've had the same problems sometimes. Stupid newbies you helped chasing you, then even expecting more of your help and time. xD

Maybe I could help you with Sef, I'll if I can get a new mem card to save shitty items on. It's probably boring to do the SA if noone's coming anyways. =/

Rainbowlemon
Aug 8, 2004, 07:50 AM
Hmm, that sucks :/ It's funny, I've never seen anyone like that on PSOBB yet, everyone I've met have been really nice :S I hope it stays that way! As for Salvation Army, I would honestly just pack it in - If you found that only ONE person came in a whole hour, that kinda indicates nobody either knows or is bothered, right?

Perhaps instead a post could be put somewhere on the site to PM either you or seffy, or anyone holding the masses of 9*s, if they want anything, and organise a time and a place, rather than you wasting a whole hour just hanging around >>

anwserman
Aug 8, 2004, 09:20 AM
I remember back in the day when it was vice-versa, you got into a game, and you did the best you could (with your crappy resta) and that you fended for yourself for your exp, unless they purposely were not killing things for you.

And if you died, then they helped you.

Myopathy
Aug 8, 2004, 02:57 PM
On 2004-08-08 02:51, digigram wrote:

Try to be constructive in your comments or...don't post? Is that a hard concept? o.O

[on topic]
This is why I refuse to help lower level players level up, unless I know them. It's big waste of time, and in most cases, they turn out to be like that.

Solstis
Aug 8, 2004, 03:12 PM
On 2004-08-08 07:20, anwserman wrote:
I remember back in the day when it was vice-versa, you got into a game, and you did the best you could (with your crappy resta) and that you fended for yourself for your exp, unless they purposely were not killing things for you.

And if you died, then they helped you.

If you were lucky, that is. Most of the time, you were just ignored.

InfernoNR7
Aug 8, 2004, 04:50 PM
The dragon will die without flying in the air. It's a trick I learned, right before it flys up (after short sequence) you can shoot it twice with hard attack, I use a shot, so it dies right there.

NOTE: I'll add more when I read the rest of post.

EDIT: Lol, sounds like you had a "good" time. Darn spoiled brat kids expecting everyone to do everything for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-08-08 14:57 ]</font>

agenevil
Aug 8, 2004, 06:12 PM
On 2004-08-08 02:51, digigram wrote:

.... >.>

<.<

so

[ontopic]

Hey , we were all noobs at some point. I think its funny that I used to actualy say:

"CN I HV SUM WEPS PLZ"

"CN U HLP ME LVL"

So funny.

I normally dont hang in teams below my level, unless im trading or helping an old friend with a new character.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 8, 2004, 06:42 PM
On 2004-08-08 14:50, InfernoNR7 wrote:
The dragon will die without flying in the air. It's a trick I learned, right before it flys up (after short sequence) you can shoot it twice with hard attack, I use a shot, so it dies right there.

EDIT: Lol, sounds like you had a "good" time. Darn spoiled brat kids expecting everyone to do everything for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-08-08 14:57 ]</font>

it still at least leaves the ground. and i wouldn't call it a trick as such

InfernoNR7
Aug 8, 2004, 09:01 PM
On 2004-08-08 16:42, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

On 2004-08-08 14:50, InfernoNR7 wrote:

it still at least leaves the ground. and i wouldn't call it a trick as such

Well, ummm, it usually doeant leave the ground before I kill it, sice I have the timing right, down to the second. It is only in the sequence where it's about to jump when I kill it. But, yes, I do see what you mean, and, yes, it does somewimes leave the ground.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-08-08 19:02 ]</font>

prismsub5
Aug 10, 2004, 01:51 PM
*uses quickchat*

| Sorry, please come back when you have more experience > "name" |

:evil smilie here:

Scejntjynahl
Aug 10, 2004, 03:36 PM
Firo is most kind. When I help with Sen, all I do is block for the noobs, and only attack the boss character. And perhaps, if Im feeling generous, Ill revive the poor tykes. Helping to me doesnt mean doing their job. Let them kill and be killed, Ill provide only some cover, but they better learn quick, I cant block everything for them >=). Hah.

SLON
Aug 11, 2004, 07:38 AM
How's about this for annoying:
HIM (first words) - I've no monomates, can you give me a few?
ME - They are cheap, why don't you buy some?
HIM - I've no Meseta either.
ME - Pick up any weapon/item and sell it.
HIM - Can't you just give me some meseta?
ME - Sorry, got to go (EXIT stage left).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2004-08-11 08:53 ]</font>

shifter
Aug 11, 2004, 12:14 PM
it still never amazess me how lazy and self absorbured some people are. i mean to expect firo to follow him around and help him lvl, i mean she just meet him and now he expects her to serve him. asses, i dont mind helping out other players, but to follow them around all day is to much. help if you want to, but if they follow you around, ignore them.