PDA

View Full Version : Discovery about boxes after bosses...

VulpesMundi
Jun 18, 2002, 08:00 PM
While stuck offline I'm playing thru pretty much every area gaining exp and trying (in vain) to find stuff. I just defeated Dal Ra Lie and realized something kind of interesting about the boxes left behind once it's defeated...

For all the bosses except DRL the boxes left behind are set items. By set items I mean they will be a specific type of drop (ie. always a weapon, always an armor, etc., though the exact item still varies). With DRL this is not the case. DRL's boxes are completely random to a degree, insofar as to even be empty. My discovery, however, is that DRL's boxes actually drop according to the Mine 1 random box item tables. How do I know this, you ask? One of the boxes just gave me a Revival Garment, which every ID can find in the Ultimate Mine 1 from random boxes. However, I've had proof of this since back in ver.1 when random special weapons would also show up that do not appear in Cave 3 (ie. DB's Saber, Varista, and Club of Laconium in Very-Hard mode). At that time I just never put two and two together.

There's more to this tale, however. DRL isn't the only boss effected by this, so to speak. All the bosses except Falz are. On a few occassions I've found a Sword from one of the Dragon's boxes on Normal mode, and Swords cannot be found in the Forest. Yeah, this probably isn't really all that special, but it's just something interesting to note.

Here's how it all works out...
Dragon / Sil Dragon: set items as per Cave 1
De Rol Le / Dal Ra Lie: random items as per Mine 1
Vol Opt / Vol Opt ver.2: set items as per Ruins 1

VariantXL
Jun 19, 2002, 01:59 AM
Very interesting indeed. Kind of kills the expectation of good weaps......

HC82
Jun 19, 2002, 02:20 AM
If you play enough you can find out the general loot tables for certai boxes and areas.

So when people skip out on a certain room(too lazy to open door) they could be missing out on a specific item type. Sadly items are in general so rare that it probably might not of mattered.

TedEdFred
Jun 19, 2002, 02:30 AM
I play forest and complete the whole thing (every box and enemy) as my primary way of leveling. I have a hard time when I play forest with people and they skip stuff. ;/

Its neat discovery about the boxes though. You could get a Elyson (sp?) from a De Rol Box?

VulpesMundi
Jun 19, 2002, 02:45 AM
The only truly special items that can be retrieved from bosses are the single item that is left behind by the boss itself; the one that is NOT in a box. There can never be anything rare from the boxes (no, I don't consider DB's Saber, Revival Garment, etc. to be rare - they are quite common in ver.2). But keeping this in mind, you can NEVER find anything useful from Dark Falz. His boxes are all set items and he himself NEVER leaves an item. Anyone who says they've found something rare from Falz is completely full of it. I've never found anything special off of Dal Ra Lie nor from Vol Opt (either version), but there are stories of items from both out there (like Joint Parts from Vol Opt ver.2).

What I know so far...
Dragon (H/V-H): Dragon Slayer (ironically Skyly has always been able to find this from random boxes in V-H Mine 2)
De Rol Le (H/V-H): Parasite Wear:De Rol (of course - and word is a 4 slot can only be found in H mode, but I have no proof of that since the best I've ever found was a 2 slot)
Vol Opt (H/V-H): no clue...
Sil Dragon (U): I found a Luminous Field, a friend found a Sacred Cloth, and I'm sure there's more all depending on the ID...
Dal Ra Lie (U): no clue...
Vol Opt ver.2 (U): no clue...

If you have any further details, I and many others would appreciate you add to the list.

Khaotika
Jun 19, 2002, 05:49 AM
Parasite Wear: De Rol can indeed be found in both Hard and Very Hard. I've found 2 of them with 4 slots in both modes, with Skyly. (No lie!)

This, was of course, before v2 came out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skyly's been very good to me. ^_^

-Khaotika!

"Best thing Vol Opt (Vhard) ever gave me was a high level Megid..."

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 19, 2002, 08:10 AM
You've certainly put a large amoutn of thought into that item discovering thing (perhaps too much?).

VulpesMundi
Jun 19, 2002, 08:25 AM
Yup. It's called boredism. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 19, 2002, 08:30 AM
Yes.. I had come to a Simillar Diagnosis.

Malkavian
Jun 19, 2002, 09:47 AM
*cough* This is a discovery? *cough*
hehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well maybe is true many people didn't know it.
Vol opt ver1 gave mags...
Sil dragon drops flame garment to SKYLY, VIRIDIA and YELLOWBOZE.
Luminous Field to GREENNILL, PURPLENUM and ORAN.
Dragon's Claw to PINKAL, WHITILL and BLUEFULL
Sacred Cloth to REDRIA

Dal Ra lie drops with an extreme rarity Heart of Pian to ancient saber IDs, and heart of chao to red saber IDs

Vol Opt ver2 does give joint parts with the rarity caracteristic of ver2 super rares like lavis blade, flower cane, etc.. Notice in vol opt ult boxes ther are ruins stuff kaladbolg etc..

Kupi
Jun 19, 2002, 09:58 AM
In support of this theory, try this: open the three boxes in the triangle formation near the teleporter after you defeat the Dragon. Without fail, all three of them will contain Meseta.

I actually figured this (the concept of weapons/armor/meseta in the same boxes) out myself, but I guess I got beaten to posting it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VariantXL
Jun 19, 2002, 10:04 AM
Yeah when everyone scrambles for the boxes after beatin dragon lookin for scape dolls or mats (pretty much the only thing worth lookin for late in the game) never going for the crap boxes (which i like to call them in ult mode since meseeta is useless except as charge weapn fuel.)

TedEdFred
Jun 20, 2002, 12:29 AM
I can kinda er.. confirm this I guess.

Today in a box after Da Ra Lie a mag was in a box. Hoooray!

it was black

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 20, 2002, 01:41 PM
mesta was handy in that rappy quest

nosaJ
Jun 20, 2002, 01:47 PM
On 2002-06-19 07:58, Kupi wrote:
In support of this theory, try this: open the three boxes in the triangle formation near the teleporter after you defeat the Dragon. Without fail, all three of them will contain Meseta.

That reminds me of the Triforce...