PDA

View Full Version : VGA Troubles

Blaqhart
Aug 8, 2004, 04:31 PM
Okay, so I've been playing PSO (episode 1, 2 & 3) for the GCN w/my Pelican VGA box when it gets all bootleg on me & stops showing any picture(only when hooking up a game console-PC comes out fine). I only get sound when I connect a game console. I went to Pelican's website for support & opened a ticket order. I got the generic auto response email saying they'll get back, then a "call customer service" email shortly after.

I call the place during business hours, and no one answers. I have to leave a message for someone to call me back. I get a call back, and the guy tells me their VGA box has been discontinued for almost a year & the warrenty was 120 days. Thing is, the website's FAQ says ALL of their products carry a 5 year warrenty, and I questioned this. Apparently, the VGA box was under differnt terms at the time. I left well enough alone until I went back to the website & noticed the VGA box is still being shown there! So I email 'em again & get no response this time. Maybe because I straight up emailed them this time & didn't do the whole ticket order thingy. Whatever. I just opened a new ticket order knowing I'll need to call them again & go through this again.

I'm posting this hoping anyone who's considering buying a Pelican accessory double check the competition 1st because their support leaves alot to be desired. I usually don't even buy 3rd party, unauthorized gear for this reason. I do have some extension cables & a system selector from them which work fine, but this situation has left a bad taste in my mouth & I'm done w/Pelican accessories.

Thanks for listening-and I'll update this post after my next contact w/Pelican. I know they can't replace what they don't carry anymore, but I want them to get that product off the site & someone to acknowledge my frustration as a consumer. Your thoughts are appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blaqhart on 2004-08-08 14:32 ]</font>

Blaqhart
Aug 27, 2004, 11:21 PM
Okay, the update:

Nothing happened. They can't replace it since they don't carry it anymore. I gotta check with a T.V./VCR repair spot to see if it can be fixed. Thanks again for listening.

Arislan
Aug 28, 2004, 08:23 AM
I have a big doubt that a TV VCR repairman can fix it, unless it happens to be just a fuse or something that popped in it... But it may well be worth a shot.

As for their accessories, I've used a few of theirs, haven't had any real problems, but agree on the point of service. I haven't dealt with a single 3rd party accessory company that has left me at all happy, and I've dealt with quite a few....