PDA

View Full Version : How do you Transfer caracters?

Fleshless
Aug 9, 2004, 01:18 AM
How do you place caracters on another memorycard?Because i want to go online,but we have our caracters on a unoffical memorycard,and i don't want to start from level 1 agian.Cus' i am on level 45 and my brother on level 75.Can someone help me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fleshless on 2004-08-09 09:54 ]</font>

Gestiv
Aug 9, 2004, 01:32 AM
Your card doesn't need to be an official one to go online. And when you do go online, you use the same characters, meaning you don't have to start new ones.

And what system/platform are you talking about?

Fleshless
Aug 9, 2004, 01:56 AM
PSO 1&2 Gamecube.

Gestiv
Aug 9, 2004, 01:59 AM
To transfer mem card data, go to the GCN startup screen (hold the A button, if you didn't know how), go to the memory card area, choose the data you want to transfer, and go ahead. I don't know if you will be able to; if I can recall, I tried transferring my PSO data to a diff mem card and it wouldn't let me...

But the fact still stands, you don't need a new card to play online. You can use the same one as has your characters on it.

Dhylec
Aug 9, 2004, 05:53 AM
Fleshless wrote:
How do you copy or place caracters on another memorycard?Because i want to go online,but we have our caracters on a unoffical memorycard,and i don't want to start from level 1 agian.Cus' i am on level 45 and my brother on level 75.Can someone help me?

this is confusing.. but i'll try to make some sense
moving a char to another card temporarily is possible in offline multi mode
it doesn't matter if you use offical card or not.. you go online with any card
you don't start over from lv1 when you go online, you keep whatever you have

Tact
Aug 9, 2004, 08:14 AM
Actually, I believe not being able to move or copy PSO data is intentional, so people don't duplicate weapons and the like, like they are doing now anyway...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2004-08-09 06:17 ]</font>

Kadavreski
Aug 9, 2004, 10:01 AM
On 2004-08-09 06:14, tactician7777 wrote:
Actually, I believe not being able to move or copy PSO data is intentional, so people don't duplicate weapons and the like, like they are doing now anyway...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2004-08-09 06:17 ]</font>

yes, but i had someone on msn who could copy their pso data...err....but, is it possible to copy your online data thing? you know...system settings?

so, if i get corrupt i shouldn't have to do all that entering code stuff.

Gestiv
Aug 9, 2004, 11:00 AM
I tried copying my data again last night, just to see if it would work; it didn't. So, no, you can't transfer the data. Unless there's a way to fool the memory card...?

Fleshless
Aug 9, 2004, 11:52 AM
On 2004-08-09 06:14, tactician7777 wrote:

I did't want that...Mabey that's the reason it can't get copied?Anyway tnx