PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Starcraft?

Robert_Garcia
Jun 18, 2002, 10:16 PM
Yeah...so this game is old. But its FUN! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Anyway, for those of you who play SC, what is your best Race to use.

Hey if theyre enough SC players we can schedle a game or something.

Kent
Jun 18, 2002, 10:20 PM
I'm pretty good with all of the races, but I prefer using the Protoss ... and I like playing on non-rushing maps too. Rushing is just ... cheap.

ABDUR101
Jun 18, 2002, 10:25 PM
On 2002-06-18 20:20, Kent wrote:
I'm pretty good with all of the races, but I prefer using the Protoss ... and I like playing on non-rushing maps too. Rushing is just ... cheap.

Only if you can't handle being rushed. That's a tactic, it's not cheap. If you're as good as you think you are, you'd be able to handle a rush. Different tactics for different people.

Such as the Zerg. They are perfect for rushing. You like using Protoss, which aren't good for rushing because of high cost and not very effective in the beginning.

I used to play, but never really got into multiplayer. Skirmish and the story-line play were good though. I always made alot of scripted maps with alot of dialogue.

Eh well, hope you find someone to play with.

I usually played as the Zerg. I like getting bases all over the map.

*EDIT*
Forgot to add my favorite race..nurnurnur

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-06-18 20:37 ]</font>

Alisha
Jun 18, 2002, 10:27 PM
starcraft blows nuts id rather play red alert 2 <------ Alisha's opinion!!!!

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 18, 2002, 10:31 PM
StarCraft is better then RA2 well i need to think about that..they both rock.. Anyone play Zero Clutter 3v3? come one i'll play ya this weekend. Im a protoss to im okay with Zerg and i have no pratice with terrain

dekar
Jun 18, 2002, 10:37 PM
SC.... it's been awhile since i last played it, but i've been thinking about playing more now that i got cable ^_^
I use terrans, just cause zergs tend to be weak against terrans, and protoss are really expensive. i usually get beaten down by rushers, and, actually, i'm the only one that really doesn't give a rat's ass if i get rushed, cause it's only a game anyway.

00JOE
Jun 18, 2002, 11:39 PM
I use toss and I can counter any rush. Well I used to... I don't play much anymore.

Hey doesn't anyone remember when I had the sig that showed 3 terran avatars and it was Terrans Rule or somethin??

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 19, 2002, 08:15 PM
im not very good with any type of rush. I cant rush for shit and i cant take a rush early in the game. But dont give me too much time..U'l be seeing me in no time

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-19 18:16 ]</font>

FunkyMcGunk
Jun 19, 2002, 08:51 PM
I SC some times, but not often. Do you people have the Broodwar expansion? my favorite race would have to be...either protoss, terran or zerg. But it's one of those 3 for sure. We should all play a big FFA game or something some time, or teams. It'd be neatO!

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 19, 2002, 09:37 PM
like i was saying 3v3 zero clutter!!

Kent
Jun 19, 2002, 09:49 PM
No shit, rushing is a tactic. It's a very cheap tactic, especially since those Zerglings can be produced before you can even get some Barracks or a Gateway built.

I tend to get off to a somewhat weak start in a game, but later in more drawn-out games, I can kick enough ass to take on about 3-4 computers at once (I haven't tried against that many human opponents yet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Robert_Garcia
Jun 19, 2002, 10:28 PM
On 2002-06-19 19:37, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

Why "Zero Clutter" when we can go 4v4 on one of MY maps entitled: "COOL MAP" Its a really big map that has tons of building space and just the right amount of resouces.

I am really good with Protoss, If I build fast enough, I end up countering rushes, but it doesnt happen all the time...

haven't tried against that many human opponents yet

Youre a comp killer too? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I usually like facing comps its fun to murder the comps with your friends. The maximum I can take on is 4.

But the only thing I hate about comp battles are BSers (Backstabbers, MSers (Map Stealers), and Freeloaders (Players out for a free ride and do nothing)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert_Garcia on 2002-06-19 20:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert_Garcia on 2002-06-19 20:39 ]</font>

FunkyMcGunk
Jun 19, 2002, 10:40 PM
I also firmly dislike Backstabbers, especially when it's 2 people teamed up, and when you're the only one left they start talking to each other like you cant hear.

Example, hey you ready to go kill that guy yet? Nah, let's give him about 5 more minutes.

then 30 seconds later you're dead. I HATE THAT! But I'm sure none of you would EVER think of doing anything like that.

Robert_Garcia
Jun 20, 2002, 12:09 AM
On 2002-06-19 20:40, FunkyMcGunk wrote:
I also firmly dislike Backstabbers, especially when it's 2 people teamed up, and when you're the only one left they start talking to each other like you cant hear.

Example, hey you ready to go kill that guy yet? Nah, let's give him about 5 more minutes.

then 30 seconds later you're dead. I HATE THAT! But I'm sure none of you would EVER think of doing anything like that.

Nah...Im no BSer. Im like the Chivalrous Knight of Starcraft/Brood War.

I remember in one battle there was this guy who kept saying: "Im not attacking, ok?" 5 mins later, he attacks my base with a small band of Zerglings, Hydralisks and a few Defliers, and after his little attack failed he said: "Sorry", tyring to act like it was an accident or something. I then told my other ally that he just BSed me and then he got slaughtered by both of us.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 20, 2002, 07:33 PM
On 2002-06-19 20:28, Robert_Garcia wrote:

On 2002-06-19 19:37, XBOX_JEDI wrote:

Why "Zero Clutter" when we can go 4v4 on one of MY maps entitled: "COOL MAP" Its a really big map that has tons of building space and just the right amount of resouces.

I am really good with Protoss, If I build fast enough, I end up countering rushes, but it doesnt happen all the time...

haven't tried against that many human opponents yet

Youre a comp killer too? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I usually like facing comps its fun to murder the comps with your friends. The maximum I can take on is 4.

But the only thing I hate about comp battles are BSers (Backstabbers, MSers (Map Stealers), and Freeloaders (Players out for a free ride and do nothing)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert_Garcia on 2002-06-19 20:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert_Garcia on 2002-06-19 20:39 ]</font>

come on Zero clutter is just cool sometimes it test my skills or maybe we can do a blue night in souel or maybe even fastest map ever
i rememember i could not find a Zero clutter game so i went and played a comp game man i kicked too much @$$ but then i got bored and killed 1 dude. That was my only time i ever BSed and i will never do it again i think..but i like going mass archons they kick tail

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-20 17:38 ]</font>

Robert_Garcia
Jun 20, 2002, 11:33 PM
We'll go with my Cool Map (Actual name BTW) I dunno..its just a REALLY good map. Everyone who plays on it seems to like it a lot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Robert_Garcia
Jun 22, 2002, 01:08 AM
If anyone is interested in a game of SC, meet me on battle.net, Channel: PSOW