PDA

View Full Version : Need advice in defeating Pollux

zathura2
Aug 9, 2004, 05:43 PM
Yes Pollux. Currently I'm using the RAmarl (forgot her name).

Before you say, "use a bunch of techs" I'll tell you that I don't have that many. Twice I've gotten her down to 4hp or below, but she always kills me the turn before I can do her in. Also, the AP drops are really irritating me. What is a good strategy for taking her out?

Zebulan7
Aug 9, 2004, 09:56 PM
I always suggest def cards like Cancel and Ageis for any boss. For Pollux I just hit her hard and fast. Theres no avoiding her attacks so just go forward and take it, and have her feeling the same. She doesn't have that much def (at least I don't recall) so take that into consideration. I'd focus more on actual Attack Action cards than high cost wepons. Equip many things so you can attack multiple times. There is a time when shes so strong, it doesn't matter how much HP your item has... I must say I haven't fought her in awhile.

Welcome to PSOW.

agenevil
Aug 9, 2004, 10:36 PM
Er, there is a time when it doesnt matter how much Hp YOU have, because by the time she has 10 ap or so, she can do direct damage.

I just use the guide in the guides section, the one with dagegrs and mags? yeah. Always attack with the weaker one first.

Bloodude
Aug 22, 2004, 03:30 PM
TP Defense, Weakness, Penetrate Guard, and Penetrate Return make very useful defense cards. I like to use Silfer, and Tsumikiri J Swords or Sealed J Swords, HP Attack, Sword Attack, and high power action cards to wear her down quick. Usually gets me an S too. I doubt you have some of those cards, so Resist and Reduction are useful for defense too, and pretty much any high ap high hp swords will do the trick. The 3,6 roll battle setting means that you don't have to worry about rolling very low constantly, so don't sweat putting higher cost cards in your deck.

Arislan
Aug 28, 2004, 08:25 AM
Well, considering one of the guides created there is mine, I'd have to say it works... And doesn't use many rares at that! Go with that, and retry if it doesn't work... First ouple times through, boss fights are almost all about luck, and hoping they don't pull evil cards in a combo.

Fomar0153
Sep 9, 2004, 04:32 AM
forget barriers and use daggers or something powerful and use tp defence that does help and don't waster you space with high costing cr*p the cheaper and powerfuler the better good luck.

Capricornus
Sep 9, 2004, 10:15 AM
This topic is in the wrong place.

Besides, theres another topic with the same question.
Might as well lock this one and use this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=89576&forum=18&6) link?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Capricornus on 2004-09-09 08:17 ]</font>

Tycho
Dec 20, 2004, 01:14 PM
I used a Sil'fer with a bunch of Mags and Daggers. Oh, counter is good too, with some luck.

I once had the outcome of the match with Castor depends on whether a counter would work. I was kind of happy, during the the triple-hit animation I still wasn't sure who'd go down, then he dropped on the floor. ^ ^

immeyourenot
Jan 11, 2005, 04:52 PM
Use the power of twin-psychoguns + dark attack! Lots & lots of damage with 2 twin psychoguns.

Ryna
Jan 26, 2005, 10:31 AM
When I fought Pollux for the first time, I think I used a Durandal deck filled with simple Action cards. She was pretty easy to beat. Castor, on the other hand, proved to be more of a challenge. I used a Memoru solo-tech deck on her and Amplam.