PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Am I in trouble?

Gustuvus
Aug 10, 2004, 04:37 AM
So, I've just started playing online with my Xbox live account. I setup a game and someone came in and dropped about 20-30 items. The person who I was playing with took, some, and I others. One of the things he dropped was a mag. I know there's some debate about whether or not hacked mags mess with your RARE drop %'s, so I was wondering if anyone might be able to let me know if this mag is a hack?

It's stats are..

Davil's Tail

Level 200

Def - 10
Pow - 18
Dex - 170
Mind - 2

It doesn't seem like it's a hack, but then, maybe I'm not seeing someething, being new to the game and all

Anyway, if anyone could let me know one way or another, it'd be a big help. Thanks alot!

Tycho
Aug 10, 2004, 09:48 AM
It doesn't have to be a hack, these stats aren't really weird. It might be a dupe (you need two mag cells to make a Devil's tail), but it's probably not a hack.

tor
Aug 10, 2004, 10:08 AM
I don't think it is since the stats all add up to 200 which is the max lvl for mags.

Getintothegame
Aug 10, 2004, 01:23 PM
I might be wrong, but isn't Davil's tail a hack?

tor
Aug 10, 2004, 01:48 PM
I didn't notice the a.I thought it was Devil's Tail.

Gustuvus
Aug 10, 2004, 02:26 PM
So...if it's a dAvil's tail, and not a dEvil's tail, then it's a hacked mag?

Ketchup345
Aug 10, 2004, 03:09 PM
No. It's fine as far as I know. It may be a dupe, but I doubt hacked (since hacked would have much higher stats).

It was just a translation error in some versions of PSO.

Giezus
Aug 10, 2004, 06:04 PM
I think the Xbox ver has the error of being "Davils" Tail. And I think only mags above level 200 effect drop rates (although I may be wrong). Mags such as lvl 1308, 1304, 1275, etc are some of the more common hacked mags.

Gustuvus
Aug 11, 2004, 02:42 AM
It sounds as though I'm allright. If it's a hack, it's a pretty insidious one. If anyone else has any insight, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in. It was a big help (and relief)

Aurra
Aug 11, 2004, 04:15 PM
Who would hack a mag with 18 to some stat? It's obviously just a dupe, and yes, "Davil's Tail" is only a typo. Same with items like "Berla Cannon," and all the way from Dreamcast Version 1, "Delsabre's Right Arm."

BOmar
Aug 11, 2004, 05:19 PM
It isn't a hack, but it is a dupe. Nobody would drop a mag like that in a random game.

Gustuvus
Aug 11, 2004, 05:59 PM
dupes don't mess with your drop rate, correct?

Giezus
Aug 11, 2004, 06:02 PM
Nope, but I would suggest at least raising a mag while playing because raising mags is just some of the fun that PSO has to offer (plus you'll be more legit, and since your worrying about rares it looks like your trying to be).

Gustuvus
Aug 11, 2004, 06:23 PM
I've already spent the last few days getting two mags raised the old fashioned way. I'd love to be able to swap out the Davil's Tail that was given to me for something more homegrown and legit.

I really appreciate all the feedback. You guys rock.

anwserman
Aug 17, 2004, 01:43 PM
On 2004-08-11 16:23, Gustuvus wrote:
I've already spent the last few days getting two mags raised the old fashioned way. I'd love to be able to swap out the Davil's Tail that was given to me for something more homegrown and legit.

I really appreciate all the feedback. You guys rock.

We know.
Anyway, you're on PSO-X? I have low-level characters that need to be played. I'm always looking for low-level legit people to play with.

Gamertag is anwserman.

Kadavreski
Aug 18, 2004, 07:23 AM
i have a hacked mag. it doen't mess with my drop rates, as i usually find one rare a day (i'm half legit)

still, its wise not to trade that davils off. they are very rare.

Gustuvus
Aug 18, 2004, 08:51 PM
My gamertag is Comeback. I'll look you up, you can do the same. It'd be great to play with some other legits.

Giezus
Aug 19, 2004, 02:32 AM
...just as I thought. Srry to break it to yah but the mag is duped. I just saw some1 with a Devils Wing mag with the same stats. So yah, srry d00d.

Gustuvus
Aug 19, 2004, 03:39 AM
I figured it was duped...which is bad, but at least it's not hacked. As soon as I get my other mag up to a decent level, I'll switch over.