PDA

View Full Version : Soemthing missing here? PSO DS maybe?

agenevil
Aug 10, 2004, 09:45 AM
August 10, 2004

by: Seth Walker

The Nintendo DS gets a very impressive line-up!
Early this morning Nintnedo of America revealed a partial sample of the games that are to be released for Nintendo's upcoming Nintendo DS. Despite not including Nintendo published games, North American gamers will have a huge library of choice with more than 65 games to choose from!

Atari, Inc.
# Atari Classics

Atlus USA
# Caduceus
# Snowboard Kids DS
# Plus three additional titles in development

Bandai Entertainment Inc.
# Meteos
# Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
# Plus one additional title in development

Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
# Mega Man Battle Network
# Viewtiful Joe

Electronic Arts
# GoldenEye
# Madden NFL
# Need For Speed Underground
# Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf
# The URBZ: Sims in the City

Hudson Soft Co., Ltd.
# Bomberman

Koei Co., Ltd.
# Dynasty Warriors (working title)
# Plus two additional titles in development

Konami Digital Entertainment
# Boktai (working title)
# Castlevania (working title)
# Dragon Booster (working title)
# Frogger 2005 (working title)
# Survival Kids (working title)
# World Soccer Winning Eleven series (working title)
# Vandal Hearts (working titles)
# WINX (working title)
# Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour

Majesco
# Moonlight Fables
# Nanostray
# Plus at least three additional titles in development

Namco Hometek Inc.
# New Mr. Driller (working title)
# Pac 'n Roll (working title)
# Pac-Pix (working title)

Orbital Media
# Four titles in development, including the genres of action platformer, strategy role-playing, combat racing and family.

SEGA of America, Inc.
# Project Rub (working title)
# Sonic DS (working title)

Square Enix Co., Ltd.
# A new story of Secret of Mana
# A new story of Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
# Dragon Quest Monsters series
# Egg Monster Heroes
# Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series

Summitsoft Corporation
# Air Assault 2
# Organizer Plus

Tecmo, Inc.
# Monster Rancher

Telegames, Inc.
# Ultimate Brain Games
# Ultimate Card Games
# Ultimate Pocket Games

THQ
# SpongeBob SquarePants
# Plus five additional titles in development

Ubisoft Entertainment
# Asphalt GT
# Rayman
# Plus additional titles in development, including a major movie license for early 2005

Vivendi Universal Games
# Robots

"EA's studio teams are working on a lot of great titles for the Nintendo DS," says Steve Chiang, General Manager of EA's Tiburon Studio, which makes Madden NFL.

"With the wireless feature, Madden players will be able to battle one another head-to-head like never before on a portable system."

"From the first time we saw the abilities of the Nintendo DS, we knew we had something extraordinary in our hands," says Will Kassoy, Activision's vice president of global brand management. "Our developers dove right in and made the most of the unique features of this revolutionary new system."

"THQ will be a big supporter of the hand-held Nintendo DS," says Brian Farrell, THQ's president and CEO. "The untapped capabilities demonstrate an exciting leap in hand-held video game technology."

source: Nintendo

Aw man..... looks like Import is the only option? Or was it totally cancelled? And of course, it is only a sample of what is to come, but what are your speculations on this? Will there be no PSO DS?

Eanae
Aug 10, 2004, 10:24 AM
PSO DS was never actually confirmed. it was all, and still is speculation. And if PSO DS does come out, depending on whether or not it will be another ep 1 &2 remake, or a totally new game, it could take a while. And also don't forget Sonic Team is busy with PSU, which could also slow a PSO DS down.

KodiaX987
Aug 10, 2004, 11:05 AM
They specified impressive line-up. That's why PSO DS isn't on the list.

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2004, 12:31 PM
If one of those Atlus games isn't a new ogre battle, i will kill every last one of you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Edit-

Atari, Inc.
# Atari Classics
Were we not afraid of this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2004-08-10 10:32 ]</font>

Outrider
Aug 10, 2004, 01:04 PM
On 2004-08-10 10:31, Bradicus wrote:
If one of those Atlus games isn't a new ogre battle, i will kill every last one of you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Brad... didn't Square buy the Ogre Battle franchise from Atlus a few years ago... specifically right after Knights of Lodis came out?

Then again, I haven't heard anything about it since, so it was probably just a horrible rumor.

Skett
Aug 10, 2004, 01:12 PM
Atari Classics
Were we not afraid of this?

Who cares. I love to play those old games. And on a portable system!

I noticed that GoldenEye from EA is new to the list. Wow, Konami is really supporting the DS. Too bad the only games from Konami I care about are Castlevania and Boktai.

I kinda find it funny how Activision said such great things for the DS yet they don't have any games on it. Oh well, a new Tony Hawk is assured.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2004-08-10 12:02 ]</font>

Outrider
Aug 10, 2004, 02:14 PM
Man, Capcom... let's see a decent portable Resident Evil sometime, how about that?

Have the gameplay on the bottom screen in 3D, using the stylus to aim whenever you go into shooting mode, perhaps? Inventory on the top screen, maybe?

Or give us something on GBA. I'm really not picky so long as the gameplay is servicable and there's plenty of random plot(holes) like most RE games.

See, one thing that worries me about that Madden game the EA guy was suggesting is that odds are, the PSP will have pretty much the same game. Now, I don't mind it being cross-platform, but it just bugs me because that means the DS probably won't be used to its full potential, and that's just a waste to me.

martian_man
Aug 10, 2004, 02:23 PM
On 2004-08-10 09:05, KodiaX987 wrote:
They specified impressive line-up. That's why PSO DS isn't on the list.

They have Telegames games on there, so it must have some un-impressive games on.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 10, 2004, 02:50 PM
Well, im not to let down by PSO DS being missing seeing as it was really announced.

I am pleased to see Viewtiful Joe in the Capcom line up however. Here hopes its a new game and they dont fob us off with some cheap assed port.

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2004, 03:25 PM
On 2004-08-10 11:04, Outrider wrote:

Brad... didn't Square buy the Ogre Battle franchise from Atlus a few years ago... specifically right after Knights of Lodis came out?

Then again, I haven't heard anything about it since, so it was probably just a horrible rumor.

This could be true. Still, is square not on the DS boat too? You seem to be much more informed on this scene, so i'll take your word for it.

echo-2003
Aug 11, 2004, 09:54 AM
On 2004-08-10 13:25, Bradicus wrote:

On 2004-08-10 11:04, Outrider wrote:

This could be true. Still, is square not on the DS boat too? You seem to be much more informed on this scene, so i'll take your word for it.

Square got the guys who make ogrebattle which was Quest. Atlus before hand just got the rights to publish them on the playstation and the Knights of lodis titles.

So now, if another Ogrebattle (or tactics ogre) were to grace us it is dependant on squarenix.

Personally, I would rather have an ogrebattle/tactics ogre on my console then a handheld. I did enjoy knights of lodis but at the expense of a soar neck and carpal tunnel in my wrists. Thank goodness for the gameboy player.

Sord
Aug 11, 2004, 10:01 AM
heh, watch Konami make some DS version off DDR, you have to hit the arrow outline when the arrows on the touch screen move into them

then they can use the other screen for your dancer and dance meter, and they will call it...

FMM

Finger Mania Max! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

seriously though, it could work, though it would drive some parents crazy having to listen to their kids techno and trance music in the car XD

SpikeOtacon
Aug 11, 2004, 10:24 AM
On 2004-08-11 08:01, Sord wrote:
heh, watch Konami make some DS version off DDR, you have to hit the arrow outline when the arrows on the touch screen move into them

then they can use the other screen for your dancer and dance meter, and they will call it...

FMM

Finger Mania Max! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

seriously though, it could work, though it would drive some parents crazy having to listen to their kids techno and trance music in the car XD

That's the kind of originality Nintendo wants in their games. You sir, should be hired. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mixfortune
Aug 11, 2004, 10:35 AM
# Vandal Hearts (working titles)

Holy shit!
"Working titles" makes me think it's a whole new game... dear god I will be very depressed if it's anything like Vandal Hearts 2... -_-
But even if it was just a port or remake of Vandal Hearts 1 with improved graphics or something, I'm getting it!

agenevil
Aug 11, 2004, 10:55 AM
Mixfortune, your sig makes you my god.
And SpikeOtacon, the ghost train one....

Anyways, it wouldn't be FMM or DDR-ish, it would be more like para para etc. Or on the bottom screen there would be the touch pad that looks liek the dance pad, top screen with arrows etc.

But that would kick ass.

Sord
Aug 11, 2004, 01:37 PM
On 2004-08-11 08:55, agenevil wrote:
Mixfortune, your sig makes you my god.
And SpikeOtacon, the ghost train one....

Anyways, it wouldn't be FMM or DDR-ish, it would be more like para para etc. Or on the bottom screen there would be the touch pad that looks liek the dance pad, top screen with arrows etc.

But that would kick ass.

well, it could really work either way depending on how sensitive the touch screen is, and there are no doubt other ways, like using the D-pad to save memory for bg cinemas and such, as well as many other diffrent formats and setups.

wow, one comment and I halfway derail the thread >_>;

shingo
Aug 11, 2004, 04:27 PM
phantasy star ds might come out after the ds comes to the u.s. or later.also these are probally just there starting line up for the ds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-11 14:28 ]</font>

Skett
Aug 11, 2004, 09:16 PM
If these were the launch line-up than DS would have one of the best launches in gaming history. These are not launch titles, believe me.

And the sensitivity of the touch screen, I remember hearing someone (I think from IGN but not sure) that said it is more responsive than some PDAs. It is suppost to be very sensitive.

By the way, agenevil, I noticed you mood and I like it.