PDA

View Full Version : The Real Deal on the XBOX Version?

Myst
Jun 19, 2002, 08:11 AM
If you came to this topic to find out what the XBOX version will be like, you have come to the right place. Unfortunately, I don't know, so I'm asking you guys on your thoughts...
To me, it makes no sense why the XBOX version, which comes out later than the Gamecube version, should only be a port from the DC. XBOX has all of the capabilities of Gamecube and even more. There are just too many capabilities that the XBOX has available for developers to pass up.

In other words, yes I do think it will be a port from the Gamecube version. It just doesn't seem logical for all that power to go wasted.

Kent
Jun 19, 2002, 09:58 AM
On 2002-06-19 06:11, Myst wrote:
In other words, yes I do think it will be a port from the Gamecube version. It just doesn't seem logical for all that power to go wasted.

I agree.

Dain_Bramaged
Jun 19, 2002, 02:55 PM
I'm sitting at a compromise...

This version, the version to be released with the opening of the X-box live network, is going to be a port of V2, because it's free. However, I'm fairly certain you'll see it succeed and then a "You played PSO on the X-box, now buy the sequel!" release will be done, which will be a port of the Gamecube one. If there is no second release, then, sorry X-box fans, you're stuck with V2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just my two cents worth, keep the change.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 19, 2002, 05:30 PM
Beats me what it'll be. We get screenshots of the Forest, with the GCN graphical update, and it's refered to over and over again as both PSOv2 and PSO2.

So it's anybody's guess, I suppose.

Kenks23
Jun 19, 2002, 06:58 PM
If you came to this topic to find out what the XBOX version will be like, you have come to the right place. Unfortunately, I don't know, so I'm asking you guys on your thoughts...
To me, it makes no sense why the XBOX version, which comes out later than the Gamecube version, should only be a port from the DC. XBOX has all of the capabilities of Gamecube and even more. There are just too many capabilities that the XBOX has available for developers to pass up.

Cool Sig. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jun 19, 2002, 07:29 PM

sorry to burst your bubble on 2 notes, but
1- the xbox version is going to be basically an enhanced version of the dc v2. no extras... no new things except for the 3 new characters, i think are in it. thats the only thing i am still unclear on.

2- the xbox does not have the same power as the gamecube. in fact, it has less. the only differences are the xbox has a stronger processor (not that much though) and a hard drive. if it is so much more powerful than the cube, then why have i seen up to a minute of loading on games and at the most on a game on the cube (and this was a baseball game) of 30 seconds? the gamecube also has a card that can do up to 8 textures per pass. the geforce 4 ti 4600 cant even do 8 textures per pass. also, if the xbox is so much stronger, then why is it i havent seen any graphics better then doa3? and the graphics on the cube just keep getting better and better? example- resident evil- you will never see it on the xbox because the xbox cant handle the game without some serious graphical cuts. also, compare wrestlemania x8 to raw. i have. raw the characters are programmed all the same. they look like shellacked apes. wrestlemania x8, they look more realistic. i rest my case now.

keep in mind, i state fact from personal experience. i am not a fanboy. i done even own a cube nor do i ever plan on getting one. my friend has one though. and he is getting pso for the gc.

Moo2u
Jun 19, 2002, 07:32 PM

I just don't think Sonic Team likes X-box! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And also, I heard a rumer that on the box's version of PSO yo can only communicate with the microphone. I'm pretty sure that's faulse, but can anyone tell me for sure?

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 19, 2002, 07:33 PM
hehe and u did expect me to say something didnt u? anyway I think they should scrap the graphics engine and start an new one but that would take a while as far as GC having more power thats IN YOUR OPINON. IMHO i say xbox has more power (check the hardware specs)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-19 17:34 ]</font>

Shotie
Jun 19, 2002, 08:26 PM
On 2002-06-19 17:32, Moo2u wrote:
And also, I heard a rumer that on the box's version of PSO yo can only communicate with the microphone. I'm pretty sure that's faulse, but can anyone tell me for sure?

Nope, you heard right. So far, the only way to communicate on the XBox version is via a microphone and "Xbox Live" which will cost about $50 a year to use for unlimited use, but it has to be paid all at once.

AnimeUSA
Jun 19, 2002, 08:57 PM
1- the xbox version is going to be basically an enhanced version of the dc v2. no extras... no new things except for the 3 new characters, i think are in it. thats the only thing i am still unclear on.

2- the xbox does not have the same power as the gamecube. in fact, it has less. the only differences are the xbox has a stronger processor (not that much though) and a hard drive. if it is so much more powerful than the cube, then why have i seen up to a minute of loading on games and at the most on a game on the cube (and this was a baseball game) of 30 seconds? the gamecube also has a card that can do up to 8 textures per pass. the geforce 4 ti 4600 cant even do 8 textures per pass. also, if the xbox is so much stronger, then why is it i havent seen any graphics better then doa3? and the graphics on the cube just keep getting better and better? example- resident evil- you will never see it on the xbox because the xbox cant handle the game without some serious graphical cuts. also, compare wrestlemania x8 to raw. i have. raw the characters are programmed all the same. they look like shellacked apes. wrestlemania x8, they look more realistic. i rest my case now.

keep in mind, i state fact from personal experience. i am not a fanboy. i done even own a cube nor do i ever plan on getting one. my friend has one though. and he is getting pso for the gc.

I own both the Gamecube and the XBox and I'm pretty sure that the XBox has more power and can surpass the Gamecube. Wait, I'm not done yet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif It all boils down to how optimized the game is for that particular console. So yeah, some games will look like garbage compared to others. Sonic Team said, "If you're a fan of Sonic Team, get a Gamecube" plain and simple. I am hoping tho, that the PSO for XBox is the Gamecube version. I also remember reading an interview with the President/Vice President of Sega of America. That person said that the XBox version and Gamecube version of Phantasy Star Online would not be able to play with users of the opposite console. The reason for this was because XBox Live's servers are closed. That person never mentioned that the two games could not communicate with each other because they were DIFFERENT games. Phantasy Star Online for XBox will only use the voice communicator, there will be voice masks, so you won't have to worry about your voice. Now, if the XBox version turns out to be an exact port of the Dreamcast version... I'll just pick up the Gamecube version, plain and simple. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
(I've got such a headache from typing in this small box!)

-AnimeUSA

Moo2u
Jun 19, 2002, 09:02 PM
On 2002-06-19 18:26, Shotie wrote:

On 2002-06-19 17:32, Moo2u wrote:

Nope, you heard right. So far, the only way to communicate on the XBox version is via a microphone and "Xbox Live" which will cost about $50 a year to use for unlimited use, but it has to be paid all at once.

Holy pie! That's a major downer! on the X-box version. Can you imagien going into a game with a bunch of jerks action really stupid. And let's not forget our firends, the japonise. We won't he able to talk to them either! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'll just get the cube version, thank you very much.

AnimeUSA
Jun 19, 2002, 09:07 PM
Holy pie! That's a major downer! on the X-box version. Can you imagien going into a game with a bunch of jerks action really stupid. And let's not forget our firends, the japonise. We won't he able to talk to them either! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'll just get the cube version, thank you very much.

First of all, I think you'll be able to mute players so you won't have to hear their screams, foul language, etc. For talking to the Japanese, you'll use the word select thing. The idea of voice chat was horrible to me at first, but later on I thought about it. I know there are other issues out there but if the PSO version for XBox has everything the Gamecube has, I'm gonna give voice chat a try.

-AnimeUSA

Kent
Jun 19, 2002, 09:07 PM
On 2002-06-19 17:29, blue-hawk wrote:

Ugh...

People, please stop spewing out this crap like you know what it will be, when in fact, you DON'T. You're probably just another GameCube fanboy, trying to make all the people who don't have/can't afford a GameCube feel disappointed.

We can't be sure exactly what's going to be in the Xbox version, so everybody should just shut up and wait!

2- the xbox does not have the same power as the gamecube. in fact, it has less. the only differences are the xbox has a stronger processor (not that much though) and a hard drive.

It comes to my attention that you know almost nothing about this kind of hardware.

The Xbox has a 733 MHz Pentuim 3-based processor in it, while the GameCube has, I believe, a 425 MHz processor (not sure of the exact type). Think about this; My computer has a 950 MHZ AMD Thunderbird processor in it, but does that mean that a 1.3 GHz (1300 MHz) Pentium 4 is faster than it? No, the Thunderbird is a much more efficient CPU than the P4, much like the one in the GameCube. It maybe measured lower in MHz, but it's considerably more efficient.

The Xbox's GPU is GeForce 3-based (based, it is not a GeForce 3, but based on one), capable of producing 125 million raw polygons per second. Nintendo hasn't released a raw polygon count for thier hardware, but instead a count of lit polygons, with game effects on (which amounted to 6~12 million per second). This, however, isn't really a good way to compare systems seeing as the polycounts are measured differently.

if it is so much more powerful than the cube, then why have i seen up to a minute of loading on games and at the most on a game on the cube (and this was a baseball game) of 30 seconds?

This has abosolutely nothing to do with a system's power...

The GameCube's optical discs can hold approximately 1.5 GB of data on them. But the laser that reads the disc is still the same width as that of a CD player (or even an Xbox), thus can transfer data from the disc into RAM at a much, much faster rate (more bandwidth, you could say).

the gamecube also has a card that can do up to 8 textures per pass. the geforce 4 ti 4600 cant even do 8 textures per pass.

This has nothing to do with PC video cards...

But the Xbox's GPU may not be able to do 8 textures in one pass, but it can do 4 twice as fast as the GameCube can do 8.

also, if the xbox is so much stronger, then why is it i havent seen any graphics better then doa3? and the graphics on the cube just keep getting better and better? example- resident evil- you will never see it on the xbox because the xbox cant handle the game without some serious graphical cuts.

Let me point out that Resident Evil is a very, very bad game to use as an example in this case.

The reason the characters in that game are so detailed and have high polygon counts is because the pre-rendered backgrounds/areas use an extremely low amount of processing power. Thus, leaving alot of excess power for other things, like realtime shadows, Z-buffers for the environment, and high-poly characters.

Trust me on this, the only reason Resident Evil isn't going to appear on Xbox is because Nintendo and Capcom signed a deal stating that any and all new Resident Evil games are going to be GameCube exclusive.

The Xbox could more than handle that game.

also, compare wrestlemania x8 to raw. i have. raw the characters are programmed all the same. they look like shellacked apes. wrestlemania x8, they look more realistic. i rest my case now.

This I can't really comment on, seeing as I have never played, and have no interest in playing any wrestling games.

i am not a fanboy.

You sure as hell sound like one!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2002-06-19 19:12 ]</font>

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 19, 2002, 09:08 PM
i dont see y just kick their asses lol

Blue-Hawk
Jun 19, 2002, 10:46 PM
*suddenly remembered why he doesnt argue with, or even bring up truthful points to ignorant and close minded people*

Dark-Sight
Jun 20, 2002, 12:02 AM
do u think ppl will buy the xbox ver if its ver 2?

Wewt
Jun 20, 2002, 12:07 AM
On 2002-06-19 22:02, Dark-Sight wrote:

The game will be free

BioFan
Jun 20, 2002, 01:21 AM
On 2002-06-19 22:07, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

The game will be free

only in Japan, not in US...and also if it is ver.2 who would get the Xbox starter kit??most probably the main reason the Japanese will get Xbox live is PSO...if it is a ver.2 no one will get it...
Xbox live launch this fall, PSO will be included, and I think the other game is revolt and whacked...You think some japanese will get it for those two games??probably not...maybe UC or Ghost recon or any fps games??definitely not...and if PSO is just a ver.2 will you pay 6800yen for a year to play just for one game while you can get the GCN version for only 1500yen/3 months which is 6000yen/year...
not many people will get Xbox live just for PSO if it is ver.2...yes it is free, but XBox live is not...I just don't understand what is the connection between it being free and ver.2, it just doesn't make sense...even if it is free, you need something to attract people to get the free game, cos the whole thing, isn't free...unless XBox live and PSo is both free for a year...then ver.2 it is...
it just doesn't make sense people keep saying cos it is free so it's ver.2...yes it's free, but on the other hand, would you be attracted to play it if it is just a ver.2??if you are not thinking of getting Xbox live, then probably the answer is no...
Microsoft knows they need something to attract Japanese interest, so they include PSO free but they also know ver.2 is not enough for a free game...I will get Xbox live in US, but not because I am getting revolt...I give no crap about that crap, if I can I will even trade that crap back to EB...For me, I bought it mainly for PSO, sega gt, ghost recon...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
If nothing interest Japanese players, I doubt ver.2 will interest them when they are already playing eps 1 & 2 in two months, I doubt the Japanese will be interested in Xbox live even if they get PSO for free if it is just a ver.2...but then it is just me...I don't know what Microsoft and Sega are planning, but if I am a Microsoft guy, I wouldn't want PSO just a ver.2...even if it is free, it gotta be attrctive...it's business...you need something attractive for the people...and also, it is not free in US and UK...I highly doubt it's just ver.2 with voice comm, but then again, I wonder if Microsoft and I are reading the same page...I am not from Microsoft, but if I were J allard, I would not want PSO just a ver.2...it just won't be attractive enough for anyone..unless they are PSO hardcore fans...they need user base in Japan for Xbox live and they want to do it with PSO...and I highly doubt they will just give them a ver.2...it's just me...

Greg
Jun 20, 2002, 01:29 AM
On 2002-06-19 12:55, Dain_Bramaged wrote:
I'm sitting at a compromise...

This version, the version to be released with the opening of the X-box live network, is going to be a port of V2, because it's free. However, I'm fairly certain you'll see it succeed and then a "You played PSO on the X-box, now buy the sequel!" release will be done, which will be a port of the Gamecube one. If there is no second release, then, sorry X-box fans, you're stuck with V2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just my two cents worth, keep the change.

I have been to the future and you are wrong. (sorry for the lame argument but I needed to match yours)

Greg
Jun 20, 2002, 01:32 AM
On 2002-06-19 17:29, blue-hawk wrote:

Please for the sake of the entire board... kill yourself.

Greg
Jun 20, 2002, 01:34 AM
On 2002-06-19 19:02, Moo2u wrote:

Holy pie! That's a major downer! on the X-box version. Can you imagien going into a game with a bunch of jerks action really stupid.

Did you ever play the DC version?

And let's not forget our firends, the japonise. We won't he able to talk to them either!

Word select will remain.

Sedric
Jun 20, 2002, 01:48 AM

Holy pie! That's a major downer! on the X-box version. Can you imagien going into a game with a bunch of jerks action really stupid.

And let's not forget our firends, the japonise. We won't he able to talk to them either!

What makes you think there won't be any lamers in GC version?

Face it, back in DC days, even with the word select and the "fancy" keyboard, people who couldn't speak Japanese couldn't talk to Japanese at all. The word select was totally messed up and had different translations even for same sentence. What makes you think that the voice chat will be worse?

BioFan
Jun 20, 2002, 02:18 AM
I may offend some people here, but face it guys, most of those lamers are Americans...They are the ones who cheated, in fact I never had a bad time with the Japanese players or the UKers, played some games with someone from German, he was nice...I have been PKed, items stolen, pissed off by americans, mostly in Oberon...they were in DC, they will be in GCN version and definitely in Xbox version...if this is the reason for not getting one version over another, then that is the most stupid reason I have ever heard.

And also, even in keyboard chats, who here can understand what those Japanese are typing unless they use the word select??yes some Japanese can write in English, probably they can write more than they can speak...but don't we agree that the only way we communicate is really through the word select??So it isn't that much different...the XBox version still have word select...it is not perfect but it is useful

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-06-20 00:21 ]</font>

Wewt
Jun 20, 2002, 06:41 AM
On 2002-06-19 23:21, BioFan wrote:

On 2002-06-19 22:07, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

The game will be free

only in Japan, not in US...and also if it is ver.2 who would get the Xbox starter kit??

Thanks for pointing that out, there is a reason for the retards that believe their opinion is fact. The game will be free in Japan ONLY...my point is the rest of the world is a bigger games market than Japan, meaning there will be reason to put alot of effort into a game that you pay for.

saffaya
Jun 20, 2002, 07:16 AM
Xbox PSO:
DC port = quick
GC port = takes time, GC not finalized yet.

Xbox live japan has no date yet
GC PSO out on the 8th of August.
Sonic Team to announce new Sonic Game soon

==> No one knows what time/resources ST has for Xbox PSO.

===>WAIT FOR THE FACTS. STOP ARGUING.

Moo2u
Jun 20, 2002, 09:24 AM
On 2002-06-19 23:48, Sedric wrote:

What makes you think there won't be any lamers in GC version?

Face it, back in DC days, even with the word select and the "fancy" keyboard, people who couldn't speak Japanese couldn't talk to Japanese at all. The word select was totally messed up and had different translations even for same sentence. What makes you think that the voice chat will be worse?

Oh of course there will be lamers on the GC version! There are lamers everywhere! I'm just saying that I think it would be more iritating if we had to hear their voice rather then see their words.

And I actauly used word select with the japonise alot, and I thought it worked out great. They are some of the most polite players on PSO! Great for C-mode!

Nendaiki
Jun 20, 2002, 10:38 AM
I just wish MS wasn't so blind and instead of demanding everyone to follow their step, they could use a regular network system so that GCN owners and XBox owners could just play together. But unfortunately they like voice chat and controlling everything so that's impossible. And like I and others have said, Yugi Naka was dedicated to GCN PSO long before the XBox one was heard of. I'd take a guess and say it's safe to assume they ported v2 just for the XBox live launch. I don't know anything for sure, but I can tell my XBox friends hee that assuming Yugi Naka would never treat you differently is bad thinking, because he has stated he prefers the GCN. Gooday.

Zio
Jun 20, 2002, 10:46 AM
On 2002-06-20 00:18, BioFan wrote:
I may offend some people here, but face it guys, most of those lamers are Americans...They are the ones who cheated, in fact I never had a bad time with the Japanese players or the UKers, played some games with someone from German, he was nice...I have been PKed, items stolen, pissed off by americans, mostly in Oberon...they were in DC, they will be in GCN version and definitely in Xbox version...if this is the reason for not getting one version over another, then that is the most stupid reason I have ever heard.

And also, even in keyboard chats, who here can understand what those Japanese are typing unless they use the word select??yes some Japanese can write in English, probably they can write more than they can speak...but don't we agree that the only way we communicate is really through the word select??So it isn't that much different...the XBox version still have word select...it is not perfect but it is useful

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-06-20 00:21 ]</font>

walk onto the UK ship during v2 UK launch and you'll see about 20 Lv 200s

Mag_Launcher
Jun 20, 2002, 11:05 AM
Xbox is less powerful than GC? Resident Evil would have to be scrapped down? I'm not a fanboy or anything, but are you smoking something there? Anyways... I have no interest in the Xbox version.
1. It is NOT superior to the GC version, fanboys.
2. I'd rather not listen to geeky nerds argue about who's more of a "l337 hax0r", with their voices, anyway.
3. Did I mention the elitist, self-absorbed, and biased fanboys?
4. You might be a fanboy if, you reply to this message just to say "Xbox version is gonna be superior, you just wait!"
5. I didn't buy an Xbox to be associated with raving idiots.

googles
Jun 20, 2002, 11:29 AM
i told you guys that the xbox was probly just going to be a port of v2 but nooooooo nobody listens to poor ol me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wewt
Jun 20, 2002, 11:46 AM
On 2002-06-20 08:38, Nendaiki wrote:
I just wish MS wasn't so blind and instead of demanding everyone to follow their step, they could use a regular network system so that GCN owners and XBox owners could just play together. But unfortunately they like voice chat and controlling everything so that's impossible.

I can see why they wish to use a closed network...Microsoft XBox are competing against Nintendo's GameCube. I don't think they'll want to have "Hey, Xbox PSO is compatible with GCN's version of PSO!" as a selling point..

Mag_Launcher
Jun 20, 2002, 11:51 AM
Yeah, because of the fanboys. Heads up their asses. You know what? Xbox doesn't even deserve Episode 2. The fanboys will whine and they can just go suck my... you get the point.

Greg
Jun 20, 2002, 01:54 PM
On 2002-06-20 09:51, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Yeah, because of the fanboys. Heads up their asses. You know what? Xbox doesn't even deserve Episode 2. The fanboys will whine and they can just go suck my... you get the point.

You bitch about fanboys but you post just like them. Sheesh

amoralist
Jun 20, 2002, 02:02 PM
someone probably pointed out the idea but, what the hell will we do with JP players

does this mean we have to use that dumb word choice translation thing

i mean come on, in the original DC version, it was hard enough to talk to French players, some of which just pked you when you used that word choice selection

and then the JP, they're often ignorant cause they think you hacked everything or you're a thief, some dumb american they think you are and so forth

will that bias still be here in xbox, and what of voice chat?

xbox (version of PSO) has problems to handle with first to prove itself worthy for gamers to buy

Ian D
Jun 20, 2002, 02:32 PM
I really don't care what they do with Xbox since I don't own one, but who cares if it ends up being better or worse? If you don't own an Xbox or if your a fanboy you'll just point out all of the flaws. I mean, nothing is perfect... they all have their own strengths and weaknesses, get over it.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 20, 2002, 03:19 PM
How about this? Methinks this is how it will work:

A port of PSO episode I and II will be released with XBox Live. The Japanese will get Episode I for free, but shall have to buy Episode II seperatly. Americans will get Revolt for free, but shall have to buy PSO Ep I and II seperatly.

That seems to be the most logical to me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

WEBSTER
Jun 20, 2002, 05:25 PM

dude i have not read anything from you that has sounded intelligent. please go bash yourself repeatedly in the head with a game cube, cause you don't deserve that system...... maybe then, you can knock some since back into that whinny one liner brain of yours..... if that doesn't help i feel sorry for all de pso cubers that will be online with you.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 20, 2002, 05:52 PM
hehe the xbox deserves PSO as much as GCN does. All this talk about porting is true but as far as which version will be better is up to the sonic team (more levels ect.)

gamefreak__
Jun 20, 2002, 08:38 PM
have u ever thought that Sonic Team will use whats there?????? Like most other developers of online games for the Xbox so far have said: For Xbox Live u will be able to download *Additional Content* to ur game for the all included Live setup package. Thats a true hint that even tho the Xbox PSO could be V.2 all they have to do is leave a hook like DOA3 and add the GC features later. Come on folks i have DOA3 and it still kicks a** after the booster disc came out. And probally like DOA3 we had to beg for the first booster...................... So all we have to do is beg for the Keyboaed support and whaddaya know a new download appears when Xbox Live Boots up. And its all thanks to Microsoft to be smart enough to put a HDD in the xbox

Im sorry if i sound like a fanyboy but im not. i own all systems and heck if sonic team goes crazy and makes a PS2 version ill consider. But ive been a fan since it was annouced 2 years ago(or whenever it was annouced) and i planned on buying and PSO that ever came out since. Now i will see what u ppl have to say and ill just sit back and read it all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gamefreak__ on 2002-06-20 19:34 ]</font>

BioFan
Jun 20, 2002, 11:38 PM

you don't deserve your XBox, please give it to someone else...heck you don't even deserve a GCN...Please give it to me...go play barbie dolls....enough of your fanboy shits...you bitch about fanboys, but you are definitely a fanboy yourself...you make a fool out of yourself...

MetalOmega
Jun 21, 2002, 01:43 AM
god what are you people thinking?!

1.Voice Chat=Lag,little kid running around holding down the chat button screaming,people cursing, people just not shutting up to annoy others,not being able to talk to japense people

2. There is NO keyboard planned for the xbox

3.The game looks horrible, i know its pso but playing ver 2 over again just with voice chat is insane to me

4.ya some of the screens have the same as the gc menu's but iam 99% sure it is not ep 1 and ep 2,its still a working title and like the one guy said before,naka really dosnt care for the xbox version that much

5.It aint gonna come out for a LONG time lol

6.Naka put ALOT of work and faught for us alot with the subject of the modem and the bba,he made this game freaking awsome

NOTE:These are my opinions based on facts and me being sane,i dont mean to offend or start fights here thats just me saying my two cents Lol ^__^

GC version is just beautiful
and really gates could have done way better with the xbox if he wanted to and he just made it like it is now to see how well it would sell

i mean if u look on ign.coms sales info pages they had reports that in japan,PSone and Dreamcast sold more than Xbox. So iam sure the majority of the people will be on the beautiful GC version ^__^

Greg
Jun 21, 2002, 05:12 AM
Did you know that you are an idiot?

WEBSTER
Jun 21, 2002, 05:28 AM
On 2002-06-20 23:43, MetalOmega wrote:

1.Voice Chat=Lag,little kid running around holding down the chat button screaming,people cursing, people just not shutting up to annoy others,not being able to talk to japense people

3.The game looks horrible, i know its pso but playing ver 2 over again just with voice chat is insane to me

4.ya some of the screens have the same as the gc menu's but iam 99% sure it is not ep 1 and ep 2,its still a working title and like the one guy said before,naka really dosnt care for the xbox version that much

6.Naka put ALOT of work and faught for us alot with the subject of the modem and the bba,he made this game freaking awsome

NOTE:These are my opinions based on facts and me being sane,i dont mean to offend or start fights here thats just me saying my two cents Lol ^__^

and really gates could have done way better with the xbox if he wanted to and he just made it like it is now to see how well it would sell

i mean if u look on ign.coms sales info pages they had reports that in japan,PSone and Dreamcast sold more than Xbox. So iam sure the majority of the people will be on the beautiful GC version ^__^

dude how many times do you need to rehash the same bull .... i waisted enough time on your stupidity. go here if you want to know what i think of your so called facts........

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29800&forum=1&start=45&52

Wewt
Jun 21, 2002, 08:14 AM

Idiot...Bill Gates only runs Microsoft...I believe he knows jack shit about making games. That's why he pays people to do that for him.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 21, 2002, 09:03 AM
[/quote]
Idiot...Bill Gates only runs Microsoft...I believe he knows jack shit about making games. That's why he pays people to do that for him.

[/quote]

more like kidnaps and blackmails them heh. remember, gates hasnt done anything on his own. he basically stole all the technology ms works with. dos and windows wasnt his... him paying for anything would be a first.

AnimeUSA
Jun 21, 2002, 10:23 AM
more like kidnaps and blackmails them heh. remember, gates hasnt done anything on his own. he basically stole all the technology ms works with. dos and windows wasnt his... him paying for anything would be a first.

If memory serves me correctly, it was Apple computers that FIRST stole the ideas from Xerox about a mouse and GUI(Graphic User Interface). (But yeah, Microsoft did buy DOS and later claimed it as their own) Anyway, back to the subject..

I believe the original intent of this thread was for everyone to share information they had so far on the XBox version of PSO. NOT which console is better, what Yuji Naka likes more, or Microsoft is evil. Enough of that, if you don't like the XBox, don't post here, plain and simple.

-AnimeUSA

MetalOmega
Jun 21, 2002, 12:14 PM
iam a idiot,you are all idiots i said this wasnt ment to start fights and are my opinions,dont be dumbasses about it

Wewt
Jun 21, 2002, 01:37 PM
On 2002-06-21 10:14, MetalOmega wrote:
iam a idiot,you are all idiots i said this wasnt ment to start fights and are my opinions,dont be dumbasses about it

All of what you said was opinion. None of it was fact, that's why people would say things about you.

Greg
Jun 21, 2002, 03:44 PM
On 2002-06-21 07:03, blue-hawk wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

The IQ of the board dropped 10 points when you registered.

watashiwa
Jun 21, 2002, 05:15 PM
Whee, let's not start a flame war here, people.

Even though I love when a user says something similar to "You all fucking suck" just as much as the next guy, it's really unneccessary here.

... Just ignore people like that.

Sedric
Jun 21, 2002, 05:20 PM
First of all, it is STUPID to just blindly assume that the voice chat will suck, and is inferior to the keyboard.

If my memory serves correctly, there will be a mute function. So you can just mute the lamers.

But what about on GC? How are you gonna "mute" the pointless text messages that lamers endlessly post?

Not that I have anything against the Keyboard. Heck, I'm getting the GC one.... but this XBox bashing is way out of hand.

So stop being childish and grow up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-06-21 15:21 ]</font>

Vitamin_D
Jun 21, 2002, 06:00 PM
On 2002-06-20 12:32, Y0SHI wrote:
I really don't care what they do with Xbox since I don't own one, but who cares if it ends up being better or worse? If you don't own an Xbox or if your a fanboy you'll just point out all of the flaws. I mean, nothing is perfect... they all have their own strengths and weaknesses, get over it.

Fuuny how no one responded to the most Equal post in the thread. So please...you all need to chill. And as Yoshi has said "Get over it."

GhoStar
Jun 21, 2002, 07:58 PM
But what about on GC? How are you gonna "mute" the pointless text messages that lamers endlessly post?

Delete them?

SMOKU_9X
Jun 21, 2002, 09:03 PM
Mag ur right, Xbox does suck!

Kalbelgarion
Jun 21, 2002, 09:11 PM
On 2002-06-21 19:03, SMOKU_9X wrote:

You're right. It both sucks and blows air with the fans that cool it, which allow for extended use.

NOTE: If you use "ur" as a replacment for the correct possessive form of "you", or as shorthand for the contraction of "you are", no one will take you seriously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalbelgarion on 2002-06-21 19:12 ]</font>

VariantXL
Jun 21, 2002, 09:11 PM
Absolute madness... if xbox pso is the same as gc. whoopee. if it aint im buyin the gc version. I wonder if this thread was even about pso or was it just turned into at some point into fan service from both parties.

Kent
Jun 21, 2002, 09:46 PM

Voice Chat = Not lag. Not on broadband with a game like PSO, anyway (if it uses some of the original netcode, which was designed to be played at 33.6kb/s). And there is a mute function, for shutting up those annoying little bastages. About talking to japanese people, we don't even know if the Xbox Live service will use the same servers in Japan and America. But there's always word select and symbol-chat.

Wow, you're right about something!

Gtraphically, it looks the same as the GameCube version.

And for the last fucking time, we don't know that it's going to be just Version 2, and we don't know that it will have any extras either. Right now, all we know is that it's PSO.

That's funny, because as of yet, you can't be any percent sure it's either version, unless you're an ignoramus...

It's coming out around the same time as the GameCube PSO, or a bit after, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, well, we all know by now that Naka-san and the rest of Sonic Team put alot of effort into making quality software.

NOTE:These are my opinions based on facts and me being sane

Even though the majority of it's bullshit?

Wow...

Look! A fanboy!

Death to the fanboy(s)!

WEBSTER
Jun 22, 2002, 07:29 AM

hey what ever you want to do in the privacy of your own bedroom is between you and your system, and should be kept there.

Sedyne
Jun 22, 2002, 09:46 AM
[/quote]

[/quote]

1.) As a loyal GameCube and PS2 fan....i strongly hate people who dispute the Xbox to be a shitty system. You say PSO can't be handled as well on it nor resident evil? however have you compared it to ninja gaiden yet? Xbox Magazine states that non of the other systems can use handle NINJA GaiDen's graphic engine. This might be bullshit but just so you dumbass bitches know. i bet there are going to be games XBOX ONLY can handle...as well some games GAMECUBE ONLY can handle. you have no proof about pso xbox yet though...the only logical statement placed in this god damn thread was w <Dain_Bramaged's reply stating how xbox wouldn't get the port of ep1&2 because they could make more money that way. seriously everyone here should shut the F up beforethey actually play both system's versions. because THERE IS NO PROOF either way what's going to happen. as of yet..

ps. sorry if im being a jackass lately but there are some incredibly stupid people in this forum now that pisses the hell out of me. and i REALLY hate people who bash other system's because most likely reason is...the system they are bashing is the one they don't have!. i own all 3...still think xbox is the worst as of now! but ps2 is my fav right now. gc is 2nd. but stop bashing what you havn't ecpierenced. dumbasssss

-Sed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: X930 on 2002-06-22 07:47 ]</font>

Myst
Jun 22, 2002, 10:48 AM
Um... XBOX can't be the worst system, because it is the most powerfull and therefore is the best system (please don't give me bullshit without looking at the specs first). I think what you mean to say is the variety of games on the XBOX is not as good as Gamecube's or PS2.

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 10:58 AM
On 2002-06-21 19:11, Kalbelgarion wrote:

You're right. It both sucks and blows air with the fans that cool it, which allow for extended use.

NOTE: If you use "ur" as a replacment for the correct possessive form of "you", or as shorthand for the contraction of "you are", no one will take you seriously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalbelgarion on 2002-06-21 19:12 ]</font>

-gasp- You are all idiots... When was did forum "WHAT IS YOUR BAD OPINION OF THE XBOX SYSTEM?!" Bah Idiots my God! So much incompetence... If that's YOUR opinion then fine! But don't splatter in the faces of those who like it! Just shut up and move to another topic dammit!! Or might as well say it in a better way and give FACTS about what you don't like, and anyway, this is a PSO TOPIC FORUM. If my memory serves me right I was scoldedfor bringing a comment on Xbox in a past thread. Pisses me off seeing people act so stupid, just saying that you think you're going to change anything!? Bah!~ It's YOUR opinion and please keep it, this thread doesn't need those comments please. When they make a thread called, "WHY DO YOU HATE XBOX?!" then please be my guest and post there aaaaalll you want but that was not the topic here. Thanks

As for my comments on the thread, it seems Sonic Team are not releasing any information besides that it has voice chat... Maybe they have something up their sleeve, maybe not and someone better not dare to quote me saying I'm wrong about this part. You can though of the first part http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Just wanted to get that out of my chest hahaha~ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Madvin
Jun 22, 2002, 12:22 PM
From IGN:
"Here's the tangled PSO web as we understand it. PSO from GameCube includes the original two versions of PSO plus some extras specifically for GameCube. The Xbox version is just the dreamcast versions of PSO, without the new goodies. Hope that clears it up for ya."
Link (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/362/362992p1.html)
and THIS (http://madvin.homestead.com/files/scrcap.jpg) screen capture from the Hi-res trailer.

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 12:36 PM
Well, the only way I was thinking it was going to be ver.2 it's because the GC could be exclusive and looks like I was right on that. Too bad really, but I'm going to get it anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I like Ver.2 a lot so I don't mind at all ^__^ And I'm going to get the GC ver. too so I'm not losing anything out

BioFan
Jun 22, 2002, 04:42 PM
well not saying I know something, but really tho, no one really knows what ST is planning for XBox version...neither is IGN Xbox...just wait for a few more months or so, ST will tell us all...no use searching for proof what Xbox version is...no one knows at the moment besides MS and ST.
But yeah, eps2 content could be exclusive to GCN...and I think it is...

RuneLateralus
Jun 23, 2002, 03:59 PM
Your source is IGN.

I trust the drug dealer outside my college campus more than I trust IGN. I mean all that info they released is usually something Gamespot already did a few days ago. And weren't they the ones who kept reporting Rare was leaving Nintendo as a developer to become a third party distributor. Reliable source there...

Face it, IGN sucks more than a slut backstage at a Def Leppard concert.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 04:47 PM
No thanks. I'll take the word of Microsoft, Sonic Team, and xbox.com, who often refer to this game as "PSO2" over the word of some schlub at a dying internet site with a near-dead parent company. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 05:23 PM
On 2002-06-23 14:47, Kalbelgarion wrote:
No thanks. I'll take the word of Microsoft, Sonic Team, and xbox.com, who often refer to this game as "PSO2" over the word of some schlub at a dying internet site with a near-dead parent company. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Where did you see this? I don't even SEE PSO mentioned anywhere at Xbox.com. Where's this "official word" about Xbox having PSO2?

I've seen Mamak speculate PSO2 in a news story, but I've seen PSO Version 2 interpreted as "PSO 2" a ridiculous number of times for the Dreamcast version, and Naka said himself that a sequel was extremely unlikely and would require 2-3 years of development. I'm not blaming Mamak mind you, but if Xbox PSO is a full blown sequel (read: PSO2), don't you think this would be all over the internet and on every RPG site? Why is the idea of the game being just version 2 out of the question, yet it being a full blown sequel is very believable?

IGN is NOT the first site to label this as version 2. TeamXbox.com also lists it as version 2. I suppose they also are just talking out of their ass.

If anyone can kindly point me to a reputable site that lists Xbox PSO as PSO 2, then by all means, please do so.

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 05:28 PM
On 2002-06-23 15:23, Parn wrote:

On 2002-06-23 14:47, Kalbelgarion wrote:

Where did you see this? I don't even SEE PSO mentioned anywhere at Xbox.com. Where's this "official word" about Xbox having PSO2?

I've seen Mamak speculate PSO2 in a news story, but I've seen PSO Version 2 interpreted as "PSO 2" a ridiculous number of times for the Dreamcast version, and Naka said himself that a sequel was extremely unlikely and would require 2-3 years of development. I'm not blaming Mamak mind you, but if Xbox PSO is a full blown sequel (read: PSO2), don't you think this would be all over the internet and on every RPG site? Why is the idea of the game being just version 2 out of the question, yet it being a full blown sequel is very believable?

IGN is NOT the first site to label this as version 2. TeamXbox.com also lists it as version 2. I suppose they also are just talking out of their ass.

If anyone can kindly point me to a reputable site that lists Xbox PSO as PSO 2, then by all means, please do so.

Parn's right about the PSO 2 thing. There's not going to be a sequel period, not any time soon anyway. It is an error that they say this. Also, about xbox.com, the only place where they talk about PSO for Xbox is in the Press briefing video. Though when they showed the video, they labeled it as PSO 2, this is not correct. What they mean by that it's that it's not Episode I & II and neither is it Ver.2 . Also, one of the Xbox people just reffered it as Phatasy Star Online and nothing more. We'll just have to wait and see, more news will come in August.

Denny
Jun 23, 2002, 05:31 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/061202/pso/pso_screen002.jpg

Does anyone notice anything funny about this picture? In PSO version 1, the skies were blue in Forest 1 and they were a yellow/orange-ish color in version 2's Ultimate mode.

Another starnge thing is in the video that BioFan posted (the one with Yuji Naka playing the Xbox version). The praying mantis like enemies that usually are only in the caves were also in the Forest! You can see one of them right around the time the other person dies during the video.

I wish Sega would pick a name for the Xbox version. The fact that they will not call it Phantasy Star Online version 2 leads me to believe that more content will be on hand.

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 05:38 PM
The title is still tentative, much like the GameCube version was for awhile.

I personally wish it WASN'T just version 2, since I'd rather the Xbox succeed (success = more games = happier me) but, I just can't see how the game is anything BUT version 2 at this point.

However, nothing's stopping Sonic Team from releasing updated versions for retail, particularly since THIS edition will be a free release with Xbox Live (at least for Japan). If this is their strategy, it'd be brilliant IF the GameCube version didn't exist. Heh...

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 05:38 PM
I think we should all base our arguments on the speculation of the IGN letters guy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 05:50 PM
Denny, they are all level 200 so i is probably Ult. mode forest. I cant make out the Enemy so i dont know if it is an Ult or Normal enemy for real proof

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 06:36 PM
Parn, I suppose that you have yet to hear about this one game that's coming to the GCN...It's entitled "Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II". Episode I is the same as PSOv2 for the DC, and Episode II is the...*gasp* SEQUEL to Episode I! Isn't that amazing?! *faints*

It doesn't take any great leaps of logic to see that, as reported by the sites you stated, PSOv2 is coming to the XBOX this fall.

Also, another game entitled "PSO2" will be released at the same time. According to some issues of X-Box Magazine, and Mamak, a PSO game, entitled PSO2 will also come out at that time. Heck, I just checked at xbox.com's chat help site, and this is what I was told:

Question: Will the Sonic Team online RPG that shall be released with XBOX Live be entitled "Phantasy Star Online 2"?

Helpful Microsoft Rep: The answer is yes.

Could it be...this "PSOv2" that's coming out is the same as PSO Episode I...and this more-than-rumored "PSO2" is Episode II?

Although nothing is concrete yet, that's what I'm putting my money on.

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 06:45 PM
I ask again. Name some reputable sites that list this information of PSO2.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 06:53 PM
-At E3, the footage of the Forest was clearly labeled "Phantasy Star Online 2".

-Microsoft's representatives identify the game as Phantasy Star Online 2.

-Mamak claims that a game entitled "Phantasy Star Online 2" will be released to the XBOX in the future, and that the game that is to be released with XBOX Live is either a port of the GCN version, or a full blown sequel.

What more proof do you need? :?

Also, if this WAS only PSOv2, why hasn't it been identified as such? Why is the title of this game still "PSO (Working Title)"? It *must* be something more than PSOv2, IMHO, or else it would be labeled as such.

Denny
Jun 23, 2002, 06:59 PM
During Microsoft's press briefing, the game was going by the name of PSO2. You can check out the footage here;

http://www.xbox.com/cms/asx/e3-02/e3pressbriefing-0001-lo.asx

or

http://www.xbox.com/cms/asx/e3-02/e3pressbriefing-0001-hi.asx

PSO is shown in between the 20 minute and 23 minutes mark.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2002-06-23 17:10 ]</font>

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 07:21 PM
that was some crappy footage for trying to promote ver 2. all that junk was ver 1 !

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 07:30 PM
Erm...the GCN version also includes all the "crappy" PSOv2 areas. Couldn't the XBOX version also include them?

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 08:03 PM
On 2002-06-23 16:53, Kalbelgarion wrote:
-At E3, the footage of the Forest was clearly labeled "Phantasy Star Online 2".

Several RPGFan editors AT E3 saw the game listed as Phantasy Star Online, nothing more. Gamespot lists it as Phantasy Star Online as well, having REMOVED the "working title" part.

-Microsoft's representatives identify the game as Phantasy Star Online 2.

And the representative for Sega that fellow RPGFan staffers interviewed didn't even know what Sakura Taisen is when asked about the series being ported to the US for PS2.

-Mamak claims that a game entitled "Phantasy Star Online 2" will be released to the XBOX in the future, and that the game that is to be released with XBOX Live is either a port of the GCN version, or a full blown sequel.

Actually, that's not quite right. Here's the quote directly from their article:

"Announced at E3, Yuji Naka will begin work on PSO2 at the same time when the Xbox Live! network finally goes online."

You use Mamak as a source who claims that Naka will BEGIN WORK on PSO 2 when Xbox Live! goes online (implying it's not releasing with Xbox Live because development will have JUST STARTED), yet at the same time use a Microsoft representative as a source who states that the game releasing WITH Xbox Live IS PSO 2. I find this news rather conflicting.

What more proof do you need? :?

Some reputable news sites like Gamespot to give out full details.

Also, if this WAS only PSOv2, why hasn't it been identified as such? Why is the title of this game still "PSO (Working Title)"? It *must* be something more than PSOv2, IMHO, or else it would be labeled as such.

Sonic Team still lists the game as a working title. Gamespot lists it as just Phantasy Star Online (they /REMOVED/ the "working title" part). TeamXbox lists it as PSOV2. Microsoft representative says it's PSO 2.

All we've recieved so far are a batch of screenshots that scream PSOV2, and talk of voice chat. If the game isn't just going to be merely a PSOV2 port, why is coverage of this game so obscure? PSO GameCube has gotten plenty of coverage, PSO Xbox hasn't. PSO Xbox is getting a similar style of coverage that the Skies of Arcadia ports for PS2 and GameCube are getting. Very little to nothing.

Could Skies of Arcadia for GameCube and PS2 get a graphical update and new features? Sure, why not? The chance of it happening is pretty low though, since one would think the developers would say so. I don't see this being any different than PSO Xbox. If the game ISN'T going to be a PSOV2 port, Microsoft would be hyping it as much as possible.

But hell... you can't even find an article on Xbox.com about PSO at ALL. It's not even on the page at Xbox.com listing games featured at E3. Why on EARTH would this title get such little coverage if it's going to be more than just a Dreamcast port? I'd like for you to answer that question, seriously. PSO isn't exactly an obscure title.

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 08:08 PM
On 2002-06-23 17:30, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Erm...the GCN version also includes all the "crappy" PSOv2 areas. Couldn't the XBOX version also include them?

Yes i know, but dont you think MAYBE they should add more sneak peaks at ver2 stuff rather than ver 1 stuff, seeing as the title was PSO 2( suppsoed to be ver2)? yes, they should have. thats why its version 2. Bad promoting IMO.

Denny
Jun 23, 2002, 08:15 PM
Honestly, is it such a crime for the Xbox to get a version of Phantasy Star Online? I think some people just are hating on the game because it's on Xbox, and that's bad.

If Sonic Team can come up with ways to add new features to the PSO series, then that should be good for PSO fans, regardless of what platform the game is on. I'm happy that Phantasy Star is finally getting some recognition as a good series. I always found the older games in the series to be good, but many people kept claiming it was a rip-off of Square's RPG (and I don't believe that at all).

I want the Phantasy Star games to get better and better. It doesn't matter if they are on Gamecube or Xbox. I just want the new chapters to kick ass. The Gamecube hardware has its own unique qualities and Sonic Team is experienced with the hardware. That should result in a good version of PSO.

The Xbox is a different story because it is structured more like a PC (in my opinion). With the added benefits of a HD, Sonic Team can keep larger downloads in mind and release updates to the Xbox version (if they choose to do so). They could come up with better ways to reach their artistic goals for the series too. If Sonic Team wants to make the Xbox and GC versions good in their own ways, I will buy both!

I'm tired of all of the Xbox sucks and doesn't deserve Sega games talk. It was this same stupidity that made people pass on the Dreamcast, a system that had some good games on it. If more people would have tried the Dreamcast instead of saying Sega sucks, we might be playing Episode 2 on our Dreamcast consoles.

For me, Phantasy Star is a series that I like a lot (much like Panzer Dragoon and Jet Set Radio). I will never understand why some people want to mess up PSO for others by cheating and damaging their character data, and I don't understand why some people can't be happy that Xbox and GC owners get to experience PSO.

I thought this was a place where people could discuss all versions of PSO without insults being thrown around, but it looks like it's all about who has the best version of PSO.-_-

Are there any sites where people can discuss PSO without this kind of talk going on? There has to be at least one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2002-06-23 18:21 ]</font>

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 08:17 PM
Uhh...Parn? You're taking the words of Gamespot and RPGfan over the words of Microsoft and Sonic Team? Microsoft clearly states, through its reps and the showcase at E3, that the game *IS* PSO2. Sonic Team refers to it as "PSO (Working Title)". Really, you take the word of some reporters/speculations over the word of the creators of the game and the company who's running the show? Good job.

Also, the Mamak report from which I was refering to states:

"It is unknown at this point whether the Xbox version [to be launched with XBOX Live] would be a Gamecube port or a full blown sequel, PSO2."

Notice how it is out of the question and never even stated that it is a possibility that it will be a port of PSOv2.

Microsoft and Sonic Team don't feel the need to showcase the added features of PSO at this time. The info on the game will most likely be revealed next month when a version of it is shipped out for Beta Testing. Also, they may still be hammering out the details of what the game will include: We know it's 40% done, and that includes the voice chat and the V1 areas. Gee, I wonder what the other 60% could be.

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 08:20 PM
By the way, since we're on the subject of Phantasy Star Online 2, guess what? It seems to be releasing for GameCube as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=220011

You know what though? It sure seems to me that someone somewhere misinterpreted some information. If Gamestop's webmaster can make a mistake like the above, I don't see why it couldn't be the same case with Microsoft's webmaster when encoding that precious little video that seems to be the biggest source of your defense in this debate.

An addendum... since I just asked fellow RPGFan editors who were AT E3 about what they saw on IRC:

[@]Sumi> Sega won't even talk about their Xbox releases.
[@]Sumi> They kept telling us to go talk to MS about it.
[@]Sumi> That doesn't sound too good to me.
[@]Citan_Uzuki> Jason, It said Phantasy Star Online Version 2
[@]Citan_Uzuki> Exact same logo as the DC version

I'll let you think about it.

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 08:21 PM
On 2002-06-23 17:30, Kalbelgarion wrote:

Don't worry sleet is an ignorant Fuck-wad. Ignore him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 08:30 PM
Parn, where did they see this at E3? I saw a *few* videos where it was distinctly refered to as PSO2. Microsoft and Sonic Team have *never* refered to this game as PSOv2, outside of the claims of those RPGfan workers.

I have pictures and videos of the game refered to as PSO2. You have a witness account. Hmm...

And even if the game *was* identified as PSOv2, there is still no reason why that status couldn't change in the future.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalbelgarion on 2002-06-23 18:34 ]</font>

Denny
Jun 23, 2002, 08:37 PM
"If Gamestop's webmaster can make a mistake like the above, I don't see why it couldn't be the same case with Microsoft's webmaster when encoding that precious little video that seems to be the biggest source of your defense in this debate."

Microsoft's Webmaster didn't create that video. That was the broadcast from Microsoft's media event during E3. I don't think the webmaster went in and renamed the game to PSO2 in order to mislead anyone.

Also, on the kiosk at E3, the Xbox versions did not have the PSO version 2 tags on them. If you look at any of the videos from Xbox.com, all of the Xbox kiosk that contain PSO had the original PSO logo on them, not PSO version 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2002-06-23 18:41 ]</font>

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 08:40 PM
On 2002-06-23 18:17, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Uhh...Parn? You're taking the words of Gamespot and RPGfan over the words of Microsoft and Sonic Team? Microsoft clearly states, through its reps and the showcase at E3, that the game *IS* PSO2. Sonic Team refers to it as "PSO (Working Title)". Really, you take the word of some reporters/speculations over the word of the creators of the game and the company who's running the show? Good job.

Microsoft hasn't made an official statement about PSO Xbox at all. If they had, Gamespot would have been on top of it, along with every other gaming site around. You have an encoded video done by a webmaster who could have made the same mistake the Gamestop webmaster made with GameCube PSO (as evidenced by the link in my prior post), and a representative in a chatroom who may or may not have attended E3 whatsoever and may or may not have a clue as to what's really going on. The game isn't even listed on Xbox.com, how absurd is that? So no, there is no "official word" from Microsoft.

As for Sonic Team, they haven't made an official statement either.

If there were any official statements, any gaming site would be all over it.

Also, the Mamak report from which I was refering to states:

"It is unknown at this point whether the Xbox version [to be launched with XBOX Live] would be a Gamecube port or a full blown sequel, PSO2."

Notice how it is out of the question and never even stated that it is a possibility that it will be a port of PSOv2.

That same news story says that PSO2 will be developed when Xbox Live launches. The news story conflicts itself. I think I'll pass on that, thank you.

Microsoft and Sonic Team don't feel the need to showcase the added features of PSO at this time. The info on the game will most likely be revealed next month when a version of it is shipped out for Beta Testing.

If that's true, then that's flat out stupid. Details about GameCube PSO were made way ahead of time. The only thing stated ahead of time for Xbox PSO is voice chat. Like I said before, you don't make sales by keeping quiet on details.

Also, they may still be hammering out the details of what the game will include: We know it's 40% done, and that includes the voice chat and the V1 areas. Gee, I wonder what the other 60% could be.

Could be items for all we know. Could be the other classes since all we saw were four of them and the V2 forest at the time they stated "40% done". You speculate more stuff, I speculate a Dreamcast port. Fair enough.

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 08:45 PM
On 2002-06-23 18:37, Denny wrote:
Microsoft's Webmaster didn't create that video. That was the broadcast from Microsoft's media event during E3. I don't think the webmaster went in and renamed the game to PSO2 in order to mislead anyone.

Alright, so whoever made the video could be wrong. The potential for translation error still exists. I've seen PSO Version 2 mistaken for PSO 2 plenty of times.

Also, on the kiosk at E3, the Xbox versions did not have the PSO version 2 tags on them. If you look at any of the videos from Xbox.com, all of the Xbox kiosk that contain PSO had the original PSO logo on them, not PSO version 2.

You're right on that one, I'll give you that. But then that contradicts the video stating it's Phantasy Star Online 2. So this doesn't help your argument any. *shrug*

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 08:51 PM
Parn, have you even *looked* at the video to which I'm refering? You can find it rather easily at xbox.com . It's a video of an event that Microsoft put on during E3. On a rather large screen, they showcase the PSOv1 areas and some of the classes. On that screen, which is *AT E3* and *IN L.A.*, the game was clearly labled "Phantasy Star Online 2". Heck, Yuji Naka even gave an interview on it.

And the Microsoft Reps to which I'm refering to and am chatting with have a database of information, put out by Microsoft, that they use to answer questions. Microsoft gave them the title "Phantasy Star Online 2". If Microsoft itself is so misled on such a simple matter of a title of game as to state that it is entitled "PSO2" to the world at E3, AND to continue to refer to it as "PSO2" through their Reps, then I'm surprised the company has lasted this long.

And it's funny that you shrug off the Mamak story as though it doesn't exist. It clearly states that Sonic Team will begin work on a full blown sequel after the XBOX Live launch, and that either the full blown sequel or a GCN port will be released with XBOX Live. It doesn't say "PSOv2" anywhere in there. Mamak is always accurate with their PSO news...and yet you shrug it off.

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 08:55 PM
I think we'll know when the Beta starts. Maybe I'll get selected, maybe someone else here will. So calm down a bit guys. We're just speculating here. In my opinion, I think there's still time to add stuff from GC version. But it seems like some people are practically wishing this doesn't happen and that's wrong.

I bet that if they were to announce that the Xbox version will have twice as more stages, all the ones who got it for Gc will scream saying "That's unfair!" Well, it looks like it may be and may not be the other way around. Only that most people who are thinking of getting the Xbox one, aren't complaining if they do make it Ver.2 O___o Like me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif So, no point in "bashing" everything. I'm not reffering anyone in specific, just think it's time to stop fighting about "Xbox vs. GC" subject. Sorry I went off topic in this part but just had to say to see if someone here gets an idea and stop. Anyway the first part is related to the subject lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-06-23 18:58 ]</font>

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 08:57 PM
On 2002-06-23 18:30, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Parn, where did they see this at E3? I saw a *few* videos where it was distinctly refered to as PSO2. Microsoft and Sonic Team have *never* refered to this game as PSOv2, outside of the claims of those RPGfan workers.

I addressed the correction regarding the PSOV2 logo comment on another post, but all I've seen stating a PSO 2 so far is a video showing PSOV2 footage.

I have pictures and videos of the game refered to as PSO2. You have a witness account. Hmm...

Mind sharing these pics that refer to the game as PSO2? I'm actually curious now. And, it's actually better if you folks prove me WRONG, really.

And even if the game *was* identified as PSOv2, there is still no reason why that status couldn't change in the future.

Of course, but I argue the chances being miniscule. So far, all fingers right now point to it being a version 2 port. You do realize that this is the reputation the Xbox edition is recieving now, don't you? Why won't Microsoft reveal that it's NOT a PSOV2 port? It's not like developers don't pay any attention to fans, because they actually do. They're probably reading posts like this right now.

Is it really that difficult to just come out and say, "PSO Xbox will contain all the features of PSO V2 and more!" They did that for PSO GameCube. In development or not, if they still have time to finish adding new features, then stating that said new features are in the works is NOT out of the question.

It'd be really great if I were wrong, you know.

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 09:23 PM
On 2002-06-23 18:51, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Parn, have you even *looked* at the video to which I'm refering? You can find it rather easily at xbox.com . It's a video of an event that Microsoft put on during E3. On a rather large screen, they showcase the PSOv1 areas and some of the classes. On that screen, which is *AT E3* and *IN L.A.*, the game was clearly labled "Phantasy Star Online 2". Heck, Yuji Naka even gave an interview on it.

Nope, I didn't watch THIS particular video that you speak of apparently, though I'd like a quick link. All I remember checking out was the Xbox Live movie, with some guy who refers to the game as just plain old Phantasy Star Online. Gee, more conflicting evidence... you'd think he'd call it Phantasy Star Online 2.

And the Microsoft Reps to which I'm refering to and am chatting with have a database of information, put out by Microsoft, that they use to answer questions. Microsoft gave them the title "Phantasy Star Online 2". If Microsoft itself is so misled on such a simple matter of a title of game as to state that it is entitled "PSO2" to the world at E3, AND to continue to refer to it as "PSO2" through their Reps, then I'm surprised the company has lasted this long.

Hey, Gamestop has Suikoden III listed for an Xbox release in their database right now. Mistakes DO happen.

I'm still curious as to why Phantasy Star Online is not listed as a game featured at E3 on Xbox.com... or listed in the games section on the site. Phantasy Star Online is not exactly an obscure title.

And it's funny that you shrug off the Mamak story as though it doesn't exist. It clearly states that Sonic Team will begin work on a full blown sequel after the XBOX Live launch, and that either the full blown sequel or a GCN port will be released with XBOX Live. It doesn't say "PSOv2" anywhere in there. Mamak is always accurate with their PSO news...and yet you shrug it off.

Um, what? You're not making any sense. Let's analyze the news article at Mamak, shall we?

"Announced at E3, Yuji Naka will begin work on PSO2 at the same time when the Xbox Live! network finally goes online."

Read that statement CLOSELY. Begin work on PSO2 at the same time when Xbox Live goes up... that means that the game that will release with Xbox Live CAN'T BE PSO 2 because they will begin development on it, and that conflicts with what Microsoft's representatives say!

"The Xbox version is tenatively known as:

PSO (title question)."

Nothing important here.

"It is unknown at this point whether the Xbox version would be a Gamecube port or a full blown sequel, PSO2."

It says Xbox version. Singular. One title. But then this line conflicts with the first line anyways... PSO 2's development will begin at Xbox Live's launch... yet it has the possibility to be the title that launches with Xbox Live? How can a game release at the same time development begins?

News sites aren't always perfect, you know. People do make mistakes.

You know, if it was so clear that the game IS PSO 2, then why all this confusion and argueing? We wouldn't be argueing if Microsoft would make a big official announcement.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 09:38 PM
Look at this:

Between 22:00 and 23:00. There, it clearly identifies the game as "Phantasy Star Online 2". Later, they had Yuji Naka speak about the game! I *highly* doubt that calling the game PSO2 with the master around was a mistake. ^_^

Parn, to me, you seem to have the attitude that "Every time that Microsoft or a news source identifies the PSO game that shall be released with XBOX Live as 'PSO2' they are mistaken." Heck, you claim that Microsoft, in the numerous times that they have identified it as PSO2, is mistaken.

I think that Microsoft's constant reference to the game as PSO2 is absolute proof that we're recieving a sequel to PSO this fall. (Hint: Episode II for the GCN is a sequel to PSOv2.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalbelgarion on 2002-06-23 19:39 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 09:46 PM
On 2002-06-23 19:38, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Look at this:

Between 22:00 and 23:00. There, it clearly identifies the game as "Phantasy Star Online 2". Later, they had Yuji Naka speak about the game! I *highly* doubt that calling the game PSO2 with the master around was a mistake. ^_^

Parn, to me, you seem to have the attitude that "Every time that Microsoft or a news source identifies the PSO game that shall be released with XBOX Live as 'PSO2' they are mistaken." Heck, you claim that Microsoft, in the numerous times that they have identified it as PSO2, is mistaken.

I think that Microsoft's constant reference to the game as PSO2 is absolute proof that we're recieving a sequel to PSO this fall. (Hint: Episode II for the GCN is a sequel to PSOv2.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalbelgarion on 2002-06-23 19:39 ]</font>

You have a veeery good point that Yuji Naka is there and they called it PSO 2 O_o I wonder... But no I don't think they have enough time to make a sequel that fast....right? Maybe Xbox won't get PSO Ep 2 but will get something different... I wonder... Oh God you sowed a seed of curiosity in me >__< lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 09:49 PM
Long ago, when Naka-San gave us that figure of a true sequel taking "2 to 3 years", who knows what he counted as a true sequel (probably a totally new game engine). I think Microsoft and Sonic Team consider PSO Episode II to be sequel-enough to call it PSO2 (Heck, the game takes place AFTER PSO, and it's just as big as the first game!)

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 09:51 PM
On 2002-06-23 19:38, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Look at this:

Hmm... I didn't watch the part of the movie with Yuji Naka, only the part that shows PSOV2 footage and says "Phantasy Star Online 2". I got tired of the video, heh.

No, I say that Mamak's news conflicts with what Microsoft says, making their news questionable. In ANOTHER video, a Microsoft representative refers to it as just "Phantasy Star Online". If Phantasy Star Online 2 is THE title, then it doesn't make sense that there's inconsistency with how it's being referred to, even amidst its own staff. Watch the video yourself.

http://www.xbox.com/cms/asx/e3-02/e32002xboxlive-0001-hi.asx

Don't twist my position around, please.

I think that Microsoft's constant reference to the game as PSO2 is absolute proof that we're recieving a sequel to PSO this fall.

Yet, the video linked above is a break in that consistency.

If the game's title is as clearcut as you make it out to be, then why all the confusion? Why would TeamXbox.com report the game as PSOV2, staffed by people who also were at the E3 show? They sure as hell aren't biased against the Xbox. Why would Gamespot list it as just Phantasy Star Online?

(Hint: Episode II for the GCN is a sequel to PSOv2.)

Says who? I remember hearing it referred to as being so packed full of features that it could be considered a sequel, but I don't ever recall anyone saying Episode II /IS/ a sequel.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 23, 2002, 09:56 PM
i think they will up the graphics if they want it to sell. 1 Question y do u people hate talking to other people?? are u that non-social?

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 09:59 PM
On 2002-06-23 19:56, XBOX_JEDI wrote:
i think they will up the graphics if they want it to sell. 1 Question y do u people hate talking to other people?? are u that non-social?

You mean voice chat right? Not sure what you meant by that. Well, anyway, some people seem to forget about the MUTE function http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif other than you can just TAKE OFF THE HEADSET AND USE WORD SELECT OR VIRTUAL KEYBOARD. And that's if you're still playing with the person if he/she annoyed you, I'd leave and there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 10:03 PM
Parn, the fellow in the video you cited was rambling off a series of titles that are coming to XBOX Live. The game *was* known as simply "PSO" at one point. I wouldn't call the ommision of "2" at the end as proof that it's not PSO2.

I *would*, however, call the labeling of the game as "PSO2" to hundreds in attendence and to Yuji Naka himself as proof that the game is, in fact, PSO2.

The news sites you cited report information from hundreds of games. They probably don't scour the internet for information on a single game, one with as little info released as PSO* for the XBOX. They saw footage of PSOv2, and called the game PSOv2, dispite it being labeled otherwise. Gamespot doesn't know what the game will contain, so they simply refer to it as "Phantasy Star Online".

Use this example: If a new Sonic game were announced for the XBOX, and two sites refered to it as "Sonic", you wouldn't assume that it was a port of the original "Sonic the Hedgehog" from the Genesis, would you? Many use "Phantasy Star Online" as a generic name that refers to PSO in all its forms (be it PSOv2, episode I and II, or PSO2)

And what is a sequel, IYO? PSO episode II takes place after the events of PSOv2, with new areas and the doubling of the size of the game. It sure sounds like a sequel to me.

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 10:14 PM
True, and Sonicteam's website reffers it as PSO only, as a generic name for the version that's coming to Xbox.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 23, 2002, 10:19 PM
Yep. The Gamecube's version was refered to as "Phantasy Star Online" for the longest time, until the title "Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II" was revealed earlier this year. And some sites still refer to it as "Phantasy Star Online for the Gamecube".

"PSO" is a generic title. Most of the time it does *NOT* refer to the game released in Jan. 2001.

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 10:35 PM
On 2002-06-23 20:03, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Parn, the fellow in the video you cited was rambling off a series of titles that are coming to XBOX Live. The game *was* known as simply "PSO" at one point. I wouldn't call the ommision of "2" at the end as proof that it's not PSO2.

I don't call it proof that it isn't PSO2, I just call it off as an inconsistency in reporting. Sonic Team's website still shows the title as tentative, so I'm still not convinced.

I *would*, however, call the labeling of the game as "PSO2" to hundreds in attendence and to Yuji Naka himself as proof that the game is, in fact, PSO2.

Perhaps so, but then I would imagine amidst the audience, there would be people who work for gaming websites. And if they were there, it wouldn't make sense that they wouldn't report on what they saw.

Now in that video, does Yuji Naka himself say that the game is Phantasy Star Online 2? What does he reveal in that video? I'm not up to sitting back and watching the video at the moment.

The news sites you cited report information from hundreds of games. They probably don't scour the internet for information on a single game, one with as little info released as PSO* for the XBOX. They saw footage of PSOv2, and called the game PSOv2, dispite it being labeled otherwise. Gamespot doesn't know what the game will contain, so they simply refer to it as "Phantasy Star Online".

Actually, the news tends to come to Gamespot, not the other way around with exceptions here and there. Trade shows of course are one of those exceptions.

It's only fansites that "scour the internet for news". Gamespot isn't exactly a fansite.

Use this example: If a new Sonic game were announced for the XBOX, and two sites refered to it as "Sonic", you wouldn't assume that it was a port of the original "Sonic the Hedgehog" from the Genesis, would you? Many use "Phantasy Star Online" as a generic name that refers to PSO in all its forms (be it PSOv2, episode I and II, or PSO2)

I can see what you're trying to say, but nope. Just saying "Sonic" is a quick way to refer to the game series, much like how someone would say "PSO". And, if Gamespot just listed "Sonic The Hedgehog" as the title in their listing of games, then that's precisely what I'd think it was, a remake of the original title of the same name, unless they gave SPECIFIC DETAILS THAT STATE OTHERWISE.

And what is a sequel, IYO? PSO episode II takes place after the events of PSOv2, with new areas and the doubling of the size of the game. It sure sounds like a sequel to me.

I'm sure PC gamers would agree with me in my calling that an expansion, not a sequel.

Anyways, I'm done for the night. Was definitely fun.

Wren
Jun 23, 2002, 10:39 PM
parn...a little off topic..but do you not like the GC version of PSO and only like the Xbox one..just wondering...no flames are intended

BioFan
Jun 24, 2002, 02:12 AM
anyway guys, enough debate on what the name is.....at sega.co.jp website, it is listed as PSO(tentative name)

ファンタシースターオンライン(仮)
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE(仮)

none of us knows what it is, PSO, or PSOver2, or PSO2...different websites says different names...even sega themselves may not know the name at this point...It could be PSO Xtreme or PSO Live(from Xbox Live), it coule be XBOX PSO...no one knows the name, probably from the video, some microsoft guy over at their video editing studio make a mistake and put PSO2...or probably at one time they are planning to make PSO2 for XBox live...and decide to call it this at some point, they may change their mind and ported ver.2 first while we wait for PSO2...but the fact is, no one knows about it...it's only speculations...but the truth is, Sonic Team hasn't given it a name yet at this point, it's tentative, and so is it's content...Nothing is known so far, but for sure XBox version will be inferior to GCN's PSO in term of extras cos of time...but what they decide to put is unknown at this point...I doubt even Microsoft guys knows, not even the Sega reps at E3...the only one who knows are Yuji Naka and SOnic Team...so unless we get more confirmations from them, it's useless debating over something none of us know...more details will be release soon, probably at that Sega show in July, or at least Fall's TGS...sept 20-22, if I am not wrong...Just wait for more news guys...And please don't bash XBox cos you hate it, you may have Xbox, but we are talking about PSO here...aren't we all love PSO??If you are here, then you probably do love PSO...I do...I don't care what GCN or Xbox is getting, even if they only get a ver.1 I will still be happy and get it and play all over again...I just love this game, extras or no.....So guys, just wait...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BioFan
Jun 24, 2002, 02:18 AM
oh by the way, at XBox Live booth at E3, it's labeled as "PSO(tentative name)"...

Kalbelgarion
Jun 24, 2002, 04:41 PM
Erm...the XBOX version may or may not be inferior to the GCN's version. For all we know, Sonic Team could port over the GCN version in a matter of weeks.

I'm sorry. I'm going to assume that it's PSO2 until someone else comes out and says it's not. I think that the constant and repeated references to the game as "PSO2" by *Microsoft itself* are proof enough at this point to leave the door open for it to be PSO2.