PDA

View Full Version : Forest (STILL) hates me...

Fennic
Aug 10, 2004, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone,
Well, i've been running through forest on Ult. trying to level up my hunter (even though he's 132...don't ask) and i've been through five times, going through my sixth time right now, and i havn't found ANY rares...not even a P. Drop or a friggin Stag Cutlery...now i'm wondering, either forest hates me, or i'm going through a stent of not finding rares? has that happened to anyone? I'm legit, and a pinkal, level 132, (only one and one-half runs til i gain a level!) w00t...umm yea, like i said "does anyone ever go through a stent of not finding rares for awhile?" just wondering...thanks
(still searching for a damn Agito 1975 in fake in yellow....)
-Fennic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fennic on 2004-08-10 16:57 ]</font>

Eanae
Aug 10, 2004, 06:28 PM
Do a forum search. You have no idea how many times people post about this. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Yes. People go through it all the time.

Genoa
Aug 10, 2004, 06:30 PM
Indeed. And Lvl 132 being legit... good job. I got to 128 with a FOmar and a RAmarl (had them tied up in lvls alot). I have had my time of no rares. It's terrible. Yet usually, when u have that long bad time of finding no rares.... you find something fantastic. I was having a terrible time finding rares... so I decided to lvl my FOmar. (bluefull), I killed a tollaw and aquired a Special Weapon from it. Thinking I was Purplenum, I assumed I had aquired Lavis Cannon!!!!! But it was The Real Agito. Still, I wasn't looking for it, and got one of the rarest items in the game by complete random chance after a long, no-rare, period.

Have Faith... and you will prevail (I dunno, I just made it up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Fennic
Aug 10, 2004, 06:34 PM
Heh, yep, still goin...one more then if nothin, i'm goin to caves
(nothin yet...)
-Fennic

Hector
Aug 10, 2004, 07:15 PM
Hey i feel for you but do you have anything hacked because that can be the problem too and first time i did hard vr temple i got 3 rares so hehe tough luck

Fennic
Aug 10, 2004, 07:17 PM
nope, no hacks, all legit...it's a shame...

Tycho
Aug 10, 2004, 07:29 PM
Aww, forests can't really hate people. And what is the problem with not finding Stag Cutleries? I find those common rares nothing but annoying...

You'll get something good later. Everyone has phases of not finding stuff. And of finding lots of shitty rares.

Shigecki
Aug 10, 2004, 07:32 PM
That's just how the game goes. I went about two to three months and no red boxes. You're just going through a stint of bad luck, just part of the game.

Don't complain about it, because it will happen again, and again, and again.

Seval
Aug 10, 2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I heard once that there was a great land called ultimate mode, in which the streets were lined with boxes of red, but t'was a but a dream. The key is to not expect anything, that way you don't feel nearly so bad if you don't get red box, and if you do, you can throw a party with some friends!

PatserGOUKI
Aug 11, 2004, 05:15 AM
On 2004-08-10 16:15, Fennic wrote:
Hi everyone,
Well, i've been running through forest on Ult. trying to level up my hunter (even though he's 132...don't ask) and i've been through five times, going through my sixth time right now, and i havn't found ANY rares...not even a P. Drop or a friggin Stag Cutlery...now i'm wondering, either forest hates me, or i'm going through a stent of not finding rares? has that happened to anyone? I'm legit, and a pinkal, level 132, (only one and one-half runs til i gain a level!) w00t...umm yea, like i said "does anyone ever go through a stent of not finding rares for awhile?" just wondering...thanks
(still searching for a damn Agito 1975 in fake in yellow....)
-Fennic

If you play 5 times fake in yellow and kill all rappies and havent found a stag cutlery Thats impossible...
That drop rate is sow low, You have to make sure you hit em all with (for example) rafoie... You HAVE to fibnd a stag, that is so ez.
As for the agito 1975, well that takes a little longer. Dont expect it on the first 10 Pal Rappies. It can happen, but dont expect it...
Good luck, I think you need it

PatserGOUKI

shingo
Aug 11, 2004, 09:52 AM
also to find rare items you can look what beat or internet time of the item in envacuation reports.thas how i got my red saber,db sorwd.

Shigecki
Aug 11, 2004, 10:16 AM
On 2004-08-11 07:52, shingo wrote:
also to find rare items you can look what beat or internet time of the item in envacuation reports.thas how i got my red saber,db sorwd.

Ignore this. Beat times still have nothing to do with drop rates. It's all chance.

Azbats
Aug 11, 2004, 11:43 AM
Shigecki, i think having "retard" under your name is paticually in bad taste and i urge you to change it please. Think of the other people that post as well!

Don't worry we all go through baron spells [like the one I'm in now] but you'll come out of it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shigecki
Aug 11, 2004, 04:33 PM
On 2004-08-11 09:43, Azbats wrote:
Shigecki, i think having "retard" under your name is paticually in bad taste and i urge you to change it please. Think of the other people that post as well!

Why? Are you calling them retards? If you are, do they know you are calling them retards? Maybe I'll put the word "drooling" in front of it. Enough of a change for ya?

Lighten up, and go after a real cause, it's just a word.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2004-08-11 14:37 ]</font>

Genoa
Aug 12, 2004, 07:35 PM
It is completely random as far as I no. No flaming/flamebait anymore.

Jason
Aug 12, 2004, 10:15 PM
The Forest hates me more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

zathura2
Aug 12, 2004, 11:07 PM
To get back on topic, I've had my share of rare droughts as well. During a particularly bad one, (about a month of lvling in ult.) I went through forest and found three rares, a Red Saber (which made a nice gift for a friend, since I already had one.) a Varista, and a P.drop, all in the same run.

JGaff
Aug 14, 2004, 06:39 PM
I'm lvl 138, 95% legit (Friend passed me some online goodies since I don't play online, but I only use my Sange & Yasha, and the Sange was mine, Yasha no %, and the rest of it is hacked garbage I'd never use or asked for)

I was playing through the forest on my Bluefull HUcast when the Tollaw drops a red box. Unknown to me, this would have been the real Agito, but it was one of (if not the first) run(s) through the forest. It was a photon drop...

I can't get angrier until after the fact, but the real steal was by Gulgus-Gue who stiffed me of an Imperial Pick with a PD after so many casual runs. And then there was that Hildetorr on my Viridia, he stiffed me of a Red Saber (Another Casual run)

I've also had my dry seasons, Took me forever to get a red sword (1 PD there). Stomach it. Rares come like celebrities die off, in sets...

shingo
Aug 14, 2004, 07:52 PM
well i have been n some dry spells too but sometimes you forget about finding rare weapons and all of sudden red box pop up after you kill a monster.because when i was lvl up my ranger for ult i found a fs from hidettor in the forest after 6 weeks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-14 17:53 ]</font>

MitsukoSouma
Aug 15, 2004, 04:41 AM
I'm going through a bit of a drought myself at the minute http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Garm
Aug 15, 2004, 05:37 AM
forest doesnt hate me since if it does, it'll die:P caves hate me, it stiffed me on quite rare items twice:
purplenum nano gave me a pd (had to be purplenum card
greennill crimson gave me a pd (had to be syncesta)
But 5 runs means nothing, if it were about 20 runs then you would have a drought

Agito_Master
Aug 15, 2004, 11:12 AM
i suffered a drought and it went on for weeks it was terrible i had the bad luck of findin 3 hildetorrs(oran) in a room and not getting anything but meseta i piped 30 mils(bluefull) and no fuking demo comet and then to top it off i piped 178 pal rappies(pinkal)and no agito but then i decided to go through forest with my bluefull and my luck was astounding ifound a hildetorr and got heaven punisher i then found 2 tollaws in a room and got an agito from both and then i thought i would never say this but i found anpther agito and then the last room of forest i found another hildetorr which also dropped me a heaven punisher then just to add the icing onn the cake the sil dragon dropped me a holy ray and ive never found any of those rares since http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrigg
Aug 15, 2004, 11:36 AM
Everything [b]HATES[b] Me. I have raised my RAcast to lv 35... and still no freakin' rares!!! I haven't found anything in a while. The Last Rare I found was either an Addslot or a Photon Drop. Not sure... Well... Good Luck.

Garm
Aug 15, 2004, 02:20 PM
On 2004-08-15 09:12, Agito_Master wrote:
i suffered a drought and it went on for weeks it was terrible i had the bad luck of findin 3 hildetorrs(oran) in a room and not getting anything but meseta i piped 30 mils(bluefull) and no fuking demo comet and then to top it off i piped 178 pal rappies(pinkal)and no agito but then i decided to go through forest with my bluefull and my luck was astounding ifound a hildetorr and got heaven punisher i then found 2 tollaws in a room and got an agito from both and then i thought i would never say this but i found anpther agito and then the last room of forest i found another hildetorr which also dropped me a heaven punisher then just to add the icing onn the cake the sil dragon dropped me a holy ray and ive never found any of those rares since http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

3 times the agito form bluefull and twice the HP? also a holy ray from sil? i belive that sil dropped the ray but 3 agitos and 2 hps in one run? i doubt it
(but if you did i hate you) btw 4 skyly pals and still no angel harp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif maby more luck tomorrow

FattyMcGee
Aug 15, 2004, 03:13 PM
On 2004-08-15 09:36, Hrigg wrote:
Everything [b]HATES[b] Me. I have raised my RAcast to lv 35... and still no freakin' rares!!! I haven't found anything in a while. The Last Rare I found was either an Addslot or a Photon Drop. Not sure... Well... Good Luck.

everything hates you, eh? aren't you the guy that just told us you found a handgun: milla with a bunch of +hit%, and then a last survivor with 95% to dark?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif