PDA

View Full Version : I need help with the autorun feature on my cd-rom!

FunkyMcGunk
Jun 19, 2002, 11:50 AM
How do you turn off the autorun feature on a cd-rom drive? So that when you stick a cd in it wont automatically try to play it. Understand? if not, ask me what you dont understand and I'll try to explain.

All help is appreciated, thankyou!

ABDUR101
Jun 19, 2002, 11:59 AM
First off, what OS are you using? Win98, WinXP, WinME?

For WinXP, when you put in a CD(or DVD) it should have a little menu pop up asking what you want it to do. Such as "Play Audio program", "Open Folder", "Nothing", "Play DVD", it should have a list of programs depending on what type of CD it is(music CD gets Media Player, DVD should get any DVD player software you have).

If you're in Win98, goto your Control Panel and look under the "System" area. I think that's it, then look for your CD drive, it should have a clickable checkbox to disable auto-run. I don't know, it's been a while since I used Win98, I used to have all this in memory :

Someone else will most likely be able to help you if I'm wrong. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Falkon
Jun 19, 2002, 12:05 PM
You could always just hold shift...

FunkyMcGunk
Jun 19, 2002, 12:09 PM
ok, thanks for the help!

Ziggy-san
Jun 20, 2002, 01:47 AM
On 2002-06-19 10:05, Falkon wrote:
You could always just hold shift...

Hai, hold shift for 5 seconds after putting in the CD. Hold longer, if desired...