PDA

View Full Version : FOmar!?

Ryu_4
Aug 11, 2004, 02:10 PM
OK im tired of everyone complaining about how i play...I have a lvl 109 Redria FOmar...i use techs instead of doing the omg fomar do melee!...well ive been thinking...is it worth it to go to melee? if so...what about all the MIND mats ive used...i dont know how to reset them...and if i do reset them will i have to risk losing my characters or anything? plz help

Quo
Aug 11, 2004, 02:14 PM
You should be safe casting spells in Ep 1. In Ep2 however, enemies resistances spiral out of controll, you may find melee to be more effective here. I'm not sure how effective a melee-er you'd be at level 109. If you decide your going to go for melee, get a god/battle, a couple God/arms and a power mag. Keep up your support techniques and you should be ok. Ian should come along shortly and explain in depth.

Ryu_4
Aug 11, 2004, 02:16 PM
lol hmmm i want to but i dont want to until i have s rank twin...i have an s rank scythe but thats all...

Ryu_4
Aug 11, 2004, 02:52 PM
so maybe i should just make a pow mag and when i play in ep2 break out teh Melee?

Ignaciando
Aug 11, 2004, 03:50 PM
I'm a caster FOmar myself, but I do keep a melee mag on me when going to places I know I can melee in or I know I *need* to melee in.

Nai_Calus
Aug 11, 2004, 06:59 PM
First of all, you're probably not going to want to bother until around at least L130.

If you haven't read my support Force sticky, do so. Memorize it, learn it by heart, do it. Being a good support Force is the first step to being a good support Force.

Get an S-Rank Twin. Hunt down a Soul Banish, S-Rank Scythe has less ATA, which is extremely bad for FOmars. Find a Red Handgun or a Holy Ray, neither should give you THAT much trouble, dependant on the IDs you have access to. God/Battle is virtually a must. Other three units should include at least one God/Arm, preferably two until you level to the point of only needing one. A 5/145/50/0 Mag is good. The Soul Banish should be your primary weapon - Most situations call for a multiple-target weapon. Save the Twin for single-part bosses and strong singular enemies. Red Handgun/Holy Ray for flying critters, etc. Accept that you will not be able to melee effectively in Seabed. Note that you'll have hell trying in CCA/Tower. Most of Ep1 you should be alright in. Above all, keep up your support. It makes your teammates happy, and only helps you. As a melee Force, you MUST keep up the S/D and J/Z everything capable of being J/Zed.

Oh, yeah. Mechguns aren't melee, don't use them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif And if you DO use them for something, for the love of all that's holy, don't use nothing BUT them. XP