PDA

View Full Version : Stupid ancient technology.

SpikeOtacon
Aug 11, 2004, 03:52 PM
Two nights ago, my Cable died at about 2:14 AM. All the logs show all internet activity dying then. I wake up, cable's out. I call them and ask them if it is being worked on, and they give me a 'we're working on it' thing. So I sit tight. Three hours go by, nothing. I call again. This time I get 'We don't know where the problems is, but we are working on it'. It is now 11 am. I wait until 3 to call again, and then they say that there was no problem with my area. Then they state the most obvious thing in the world.

Them: "So, how long has it been out anyways?"
Me: "Since 2:14 this morning."
Them: "Well then you have a problem."

Uh, Nooooo ya think?
It came back on around 5.

Today, my power dies. I look out the window, and no storm is out there. It comes back on in one second. 15 minutes later, it dies again. It comes back on in a second again. 15 minutes later, it dies a third time. This whole time, i'm trying to play RO and talk on Skype to my teammates. Well, I call them up, and they say there is nothing they know of that is wrong.

What the fuck?

Southern Maryland sucks. The technology here bites. You get a good stiff breeze and it kills the power.

Scrub
Aug 11, 2004, 03:59 PM
>_< Those power flashes have been happening to me in the past hour or so. It was annoying the first few times, as I was only playing Gunbound, but then I got on Live and started playing CS, and met a cool guy I liked. He went around showing me some glitches and it was pretty fun.

Then, the fucking power goes out, so now I can't add him to my friends list, as I don't remember his username. God damn it...

..Back on topic, try going to the cable company in person if it keeps screwing up. A voice over the phone isn't anything to sneeze at, but a man in your face about to kill you because his games keep fucking up and it's YOUR fault is.

K-ne
Aug 12, 2004, 02:06 PM
At my parents' house, any sort of rain will trip the fuse controlling the cable modem (as well as the printer and speakers). This is highly annoying when I'm trying to get things done, since if I try to restore the power during the rain, it'll just go out again in another couple minutes. So on rainy days, well, it kinda sucks.

'Course, this is a problem on our end, and not the cable company's, making it a bit easier to fix, but still... I'm sure the resulting annoyance is much the same. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-ne on 2004-08-12 12:06 ]</font>