PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok?

burnningthings3
Aug 11, 2004, 06:41 PM
Ragnarok online. I heard it's a great MMOrpg. But is it realy? I'm thinking of downloading it but it's about $10 a month! So to my point, any one play in pso world, plus how bad is the hacking and gameplay?

Thanks peoples!

Sayara
Aug 11, 2004, 06:49 PM
Teh girly in my sig is a monster of the game. To get a glimpse of its Graphics.

I played the 14 day trial thing. Its, well very monotonous like PSO is. And with a unlimited battle field kinda deal (unlike PSO's 4 man team) So trying for a kill can be hard. :

The PSO force has been split into two classes (called jobs) Acolytes and Mages. Aco's have Support and Mages have Spells.

Being a Acolyte i have learned that you'll need to be able to heal and such of your doomed. : That and its helly impossible to play alone.
[/acolyte rant]
Anyway. The game sports cute animeic graphics through out the game. And has its areas of generic-ness. Deserts, Forests, Snowlands, Graveyards, Caves...etc.

Theres alot of attirubtes for baddies too. But a plus is a Un-Dead Attribute. Which is hurt by HEAL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Music is not something to write home about, but occassionally you'll find a good song to enjoy.

Sound Effects ranging from Squeaks to Vomits. Its very.. random yet done quite well.

Its got its pluses. But i just dont like "Click Click Click Click" all the time! Since everything is all click click. Oh and hold Shift Click Click to hurt things.
-----
Verdict - Well if you like MMORPGs i'd say go for it. Test it out and see if you like it.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 11, 2004, 07:04 PM
I have been playing the game now for 2 years and still love it. They have a 15 day free trial just for you to test it out. Now lemme give you the pros and cons.

Pros :
Many people will help you out with your problems.
LOTS of different skills and build to so with your charactor.
Very well stable economy.
No dupes/hacks (that will ruin the economy or make you uber) whatsoever.
Large range of weapons, items, cards.
War of Empirium (which is you get in a guild with other peopel and try to take another guilds castle)
The animation is pretty decent still.
The music is acctually very good and you can also change the music to whatever you want.
A team of GMs that acctually care about the players.

Cons:
Amongst those good people are there are your occasional ass.
Bots (Programs that play the game for you but if you report them to the GMs they will probably be banned)
If you are on 56k or lower i wouldn't recommend the game.
It is click click click click (But isn't PSO)

Thats all I can think of. I know that there will be the PSOW member that doesn't like iRO all I have to say about that is we all played PSO a game that had 4 levels and was not MMORPG.

KodiaX987
Aug 11, 2004, 08:17 PM
Back when I played it, I had demanded a refund.

The sick part was that I hadn't had to pay a cent to play. That's how bad the game is.

Dhylec
Aug 11, 2004, 09:00 PM
i beta tested iro & payed for another month before i quit..
lemme give ya some thought on it
-not a bad mmorpg game, there are many people, many places to visit..
-graphics are from avg to cute
-music was so-so, nothing outstanding
-expect lag in big crowded towns, even on bb
-almost everything is clicking, from walk to fight
-long & repetitive like most online games

Jason
Aug 12, 2004, 09:04 AM
On 2004-08-11 16:49, Tingle wrote:
Teh girly in my sig is a monster of the game.

Then I'm not going to play that and kill any. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

agenevil
Aug 12, 2004, 09:09 AM
I had always wondered what Ragnarok Online was....

well, since I'm getting slowly more into PC gaming, maybe I should try it.

Does anyone suggest CoH by the waY?

burnningthings3
Aug 12, 2004, 02:05 PM
Cool sounds like it'll be fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. Now I just have to ask my parents about me downloading/ paying it.:"(