PDA

View Full Version : When -Exactly- Does the Ending Take Place? Spoilers!

AzureBlaze
Aug 11, 2004, 11:24 PM
This post contains spoilers: don't read it if you didn't beat the game yet and dont want it spoiled.

A spoiler space is here.

Ok, when you beat the game, just when is "The ending" supposed to occur? I do realize that most of the people don't get endings at all. Break, Endu and someone else for Arkz, Sil'fer, Kranz and someone else for HU.

I beat it with Break in the following manner: First I had Sil'fer defeat Pollux. Then, I had Break defeat Castor, and move on to the Germ/Anapalm Umbra. I got an S grade beating it...wow, IDK why it was so easy. But, I got no cutscene after the germ went down. All I saw was it fadeing away and getting all small in the background, then some faded scenes of characters doing 'stuff' which explains NOTHING; then nothing at all.

The only thing *close* to a scene that I saw was the whole "Sofia died twice" thing you get BEFORE you even try to pester castor. It's not an ending because you get it before you fight! All you'd have to do to see everyones' is to purposly let Castor whack you, and choose a diff dude. I didn't do this because I thought I'd get something else.

What's up with this? Do I need to beat it again? Did I not take the right series of quests? Is this bogus stuff the actual ending and there really isn't anything else?

Zebulan7
Aug 12, 2004, 07:23 AM
Well, the thing I noticed different is that at the end of the credits you can see Pioneer Two finally landing on Raguol. Thats what I see as the ending.

Its Break, Endu, Lura

And Kranz, Sil'Fer, Ill'nois

Joltox
Aug 12, 2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah, the ending is really that simple. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

zimmk2vgc
Aug 12, 2004, 03:00 PM
Too bad they didnt do a proper ending. It feels as i its half finished. I mean, whats the point of the final part of the trilogy and NOT concluding it properly. ST never can do anything right...