PDA

View Full Version : The Bryant Court Proceedings

anwserman
Aug 12, 2004, 01:38 AM
Kobe Bryant's current situation in court. From what the news has reported - and from what the "girl" is currently doing in court - it seems to me that all she wants is his money.

Sigh, he did cheat on his wife but come on. The girl got screwed by a famous NBA player, and if that isn't enough she wants cash from him.

*Sigh.*
Discuss.

(note: if if you didn't notice it above, I think she's in it for any possible cash settlement)

InfernoNR7
Aug 12, 2004, 02:05 AM
I was thinking pretty much the same thing, it seems like a big 'ol money scam.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2004, 03:07 AM
In a fave basketball magazine of mine, SLAM, 'Kobe Bryant did what?!', and the situation in detail was not discussed. Season on the Brink, a headline.

What was discussed was his place in NBA history and saying how it is 'scary' to think that Kobe Bryant may never play professional basketball ever again.

It only seemed that way during say an ESPN feature, Headlines. Even so at the conclusion it said that all the leverage is on his side, his case to lose, so to speak.

The media had a tough choice on whether to praise his accoplishments during the season because he was scheduled to stand trial. You didn't want to over do it, but if he did not do well on the basketball court it was becuase he was 'thinking about the trial, not in a normal state of mind; had just returned some minutes/hours before a game started.

The NBA still sold his jerseys; don't know how well they sold(one year his jersey was top dollar in the L, now its Lebron). His commercials and other contracts are gone now, forgot the word for this thing. But look at how Ray Lewis of the Balt. Ravens bounced back from being in a murder trial to being on Madden 2005 cover/advertisements/commercials with such a huge commercial appeal.

The money thingy compensation, the 'only trying to get back at an old boyfriend thing', the wasn't supposed to leak out the public 'victim's account of the incident', is all hard to fathom, and make any decisions/judgements on. At least for myself. I have no idea what happened that day, I'm not a juror in the case, I can't make any assumptions or conclusions yet.

InfinityXXX
Aug 12, 2004, 11:15 AM
I heard that another girl has went to the stand saying that Kobe Bryant and her went out and he did something bad so she went to Shaqs house because of this bad thing. I don't know that many details but Shaq is suppose to be going to the stand and he's going against Kobe. I don't know if this is true or not but it might be.

trypticon
Aug 12, 2004, 02:02 PM
It's just another OJ case to me, one more in a long line of examples demonstrating that famous people can get away with anything. You can bet that girl is going through hell right now, and for more reasons than the fact that she was very probably raped. The defense team is tearing her life apart at the seams, and details of her private life were "accidentally" leaked to the press. If those details came from the defense team, I will never believe that was an accident. They are dragging her life through the mud and shit of the media degrading her to the public in the hopes of getting her to shut up. It's complete bullshit, and a common practice of the legal system. It's all a game to the lawyers, and to the star athlete whom already has enough money to be set for life if this brings his career down. But there is a victim in this, and she needs some support.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-08-12 12:04 ]</font>

GuerillaPimp
Aug 12, 2004, 03:35 PM
On 2004-08-12 12:02, trypticon wrote:
It's just another OJ case to me, one more in a long line of examples demonstrating that famous people can get away with anything. You can bet that girl is going through hell right now, and for more reasons than the fact that she was very probably raped. The defense team is tearing her life apart at the seams, and details of her private life were "accidentally" leaked to the press. If those details came from the defense team, I will never believe that was an accident. They are dragging her life through the mud and shit of the media degrading her to the public in the hopes of getting her to shut up. It's complete bullshit, and a common practice of the legal system. It's all a game to the lawyers, and to the star athlete whom already has enough money to be set for life if this brings his career down. But there is a victim in this, and she needs some support.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-08-12 12:04 ]</font>

Man, fuck that. Tha girl is a ho. First she claimed she was raped. But then the DNA test comes back that the semen sample was someone other than Kobe's. THEN she wants to drop the criminal case BEFORE it even starts and wants to get a civil case for 75,000??? Straight up ho. She just mad that Kobe tapped it then kicked her raggedy ass to the curb!

burnningthings3
Aug 12, 2004, 03:49 PM
On 2004-08-12 00:05, InfernoNR7 wrote:
I was thinking pretty much the same thing, it seems like a big 'ol money scam.

Yup just what what I was thinking.

Aredhel
Aug 12, 2004, 09:15 PM
On 2004-08-12 01:07, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

I have no idea what happened that day, I'm not a juror in the case, I can't make any assumptions or conclusions yet.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

I absolutely agree, some of you seem to so easily blame the media for everything and then you proceed to barf your totally biased opinion onto all of us. How is this much different from what the media does?Were you actually there or something? How do you know what happened? YOU DON'T. You're just giving you totally unwarranted, underdeveloped opinion for the sake of useless internet speculation.

I'm not attacking the fact that you're discussing events on the internet, I'm just hoping that some of you can look at yourselves and ask some serious questions - like: is any of this any of my fucking business?

GuerillaPimp
Aug 12, 2004, 09:46 PM
On 2004-08-12 19:15, Aredhel wrote:

On 2004-08-12 01:07, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

I have no idea what happened that day, I'm not a juror in the case, I can't make any assumptions or conclusions yet.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

I absolutely agree, some of you seem to so easily blame the media for everything and then you proceed to barf your totally biased opinion onto all of us. How is this much different from what the media does?Were you actually there or something? How do you know what happened? YOU DON'T. You're just giving you totally unwarranted, underdeveloped opinion for the sake of useless internet speculation.

I'm not attacking the fact that you're discussing events on the internet, I'm just hoping that some of you can look at yourselves and ask some serious questions - like: is any of this any of my fucking business?

Im basing my opinion on what I've heard. And to answer your question. Once shit hits the media, it can be come anybody's business! That being said anyone can have ANY opinion, conclusion, disillusion or whatever they like. Freedom of speech bruh! Use it or lose it.. Not beefin withcha, just commentin

Aredhel
Aug 12, 2004, 10:10 PM
On 2004-08-12 19:46, GuerillaPimp wrote:

Im basing my opinion on what I've heard. And to answer your question. Once shit hits the media, it can be come anybody's business! That being said anyone can have ANY opinion, conclusion, disillusion or whatever they like. Freedom of speech bruh! Use it or lose it.. Not beefin withcha, just commentin

I totally see where you're coming from, I just wish that people would recognize that the media is powerless when you ignore it - but when you give your biased opinion, YOU become the media. You are the one spreading half-truths based on assumptions from the "evidence". How can you say that we have free speech, when our minds are so influenced by the half-assed consensus of those who witnessed absolutely NOTHING? People have a right to their opinion, yes, but there is a certain threshold people pass that borders on an extension of somebody else's biased opinion. My point: don't assume things about other people when you don't know them, don't assume things about events when you haven't witnessed them.

Kobe could very well be quite innocent of legal infaction - the stupid, underdeveloped opinions of complete strangers, though, have damaged him as a man and as a professional basketball player. Don't be part of the problem.