PDA

View Full Version : FOnewmarl help

milat
Aug 14, 2004, 11:27 AM
At last finally have decided on a force from deciding from what you've told me: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=87846&forum=1&22

But this is my first time with a force to acutally play it. Ok, so here's the long list of questions. You don't have to answer all of them, just the one's you know or just one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1)Is there a faster cast rate w/o a cane?
2)Does the bonus on f/z/b also work on the higher lvls such as gi-f/gi-z/bi-b?
3)Should I even HAVE a weapon if so, which one?

Well that's all I can think of, maybe later when I acutally get somewhere I'll need some more help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Edit: Well sry about the name, my gammer matches that of a 5th grader -_-*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: milat on 2004-08-14 12:17 ]</font>

anwserman
Aug 14, 2004, 11:34 AM
Um....

There is no FOnewmarl!!!!!

There is the FOnewearl, which is the newman female force, and the FOmarl, which is the humam female force.

Naming conventions!
HU - Hunter
RA - Ranger
FO - Force

mar - human male
marl - human female
cast - android male
caseal - android female
newm - newman male
newearl - newman female

Hence, FOmar - which is a human male force, or RAcaseal - a female android ranger.

Though, I noticed through your reading that your talking the FOnewearl. The bonus that she gets on simple techs only applies to simple techs - it doesn't apply to normal and hard techniques.

As for casting speeds, there are differences with and without weapons being equipped, but I'm not sure which is faster, having one equipped or not.

And for having a weapon equipped? I presume you're going for the casting force. I would for hoots and giggles, since some weapons provide a slight MST boost - or can increase the range of your abilities. Madam's Umbrella increases the range of your Shifta/Deband by 2x, and many amplify the stregnth of the techniques (increase in ice attacks, or just foie or barta).

rena-ko
Aug 14, 2004, 11:48 AM
you could have used your other thread for that...

anyway
fonl's barehanded cast animation is slower than all her cast anis while having something equipped.

so its suggested to chose a weapon for her that boosts a tech.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472

rest you should be able to take from this guide here

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1181

Eanae
Aug 14, 2004, 12:12 PM
Here's my non quite expert FOnewearl advice:

You should of course be raising a pure mind mag, and have some angel/minds, or god/minds equipped at all times. Make some slotting substitutions for some resists when going to fight a boss you'll need them in. Mst weapons are best, as a FOnewearl can't really melee at all. Hidebears Cane, or another weapon that boosts the damage of simple techniques would be a good choice. For barriers, soloing, I would go with normal barriers, but for multimode, or online, use merges that boost either your support magic, or simple techniques. Also, if you can hand down some higher level technique disks from other characters, your FOnewearl will pwn everything. I redid my level 41. She's now level 22, and twice as powerfull as the level 41 was. And remember, HP mats are a FOnewealrs friend. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Tolar
Aug 14, 2004, 07:54 PM
well, that's a really good tip, i cant compeat with guy/girl before me but...
all mind mag, are you insane??
i've got a FOmar lv.13 and i dont have or didnt do anything you said no offense
and i do 150-170 with lv.1 GI-f.
offline(no online adapter) i do the first level a lot and i do 200-220 with lv.6 GI-b. i dont know if thats good though. but hey use monofluid only for the first 4 lvs on your mag. then buy 10 monofluids and use all the di/trifluids on your mag. get good dex and def too.

use a rod+at least5
that dragon on forest nover flys. ill check this in 3 days put up a reply if you want me to tell you how to beat the dragon boss without getting hit 2times at level 4

always glad to help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Garm
Aug 15, 2004, 06:15 AM
guides>>most members here on psow

my fonewm strategy was: get a good mind mag, high tech disks, god/minds or angel/minds, a tech boosting wep and a good outfit.
next teach her/him all you can and every enemie will bow for you! worked fine for me

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2004, 07:35 AM
On 2004-08-14 17:54, Tolar wrote:
well, that's a really good tip, i cant compeat with guy/girl before me but...
all mind mag, are you insane??
offline(no online adapter) i do the first level a lot and i do 200-220 with lv.6 GI-b. i dont know if thats good though. but hey use monofluid only for the first 4 lvs on your mag. then buy 10 monofluids and use all the di/trifluids on your mag. get good dex and def too.

use a rod+at least5
that dragon on forest nover flys. ill check this in 3 days put up a reply if you want me to tell you how to beat the dragon boss without getting hit 2times at level 4

always glad to help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

FOmars are very different than FOnewearls. FOmars can use melee to do some damage to enemies, while FOnewearls do almost no damage.
Also, you are using numbers from techniques that you have boosted. They are no help to a untweaked FOnewearl, who recieves different bonuses.

FOnewearls can probably get more out of using a Wand than a Rod (since the Wand adds MST which adds to tech damage).

On 2004-08-14 09:27, milat wrote:
1)Is there a faster cast rate w/o a cane?
2)Does the bonus on f/z/b also work on the higher lvls such as gi-f/gi-z/bi-b?
3)Should I even HAVE a weapon if so, which one?

1) Only for Males (FOrces and non-FOrces). Males can get the same insanely fast cast rate from Fist weapons (so God Hand and Sonic Knuckle are great for Male FOrces, since they give unarmed cast and add MST).
2) No. This only applies to the basic techs.
3) Yes, it is best to carry at least one weapon. Some good weapons to use are the 9* Canes and Wands (change them as you need different techs). Higher level weapons can be useful too, check those out and see which matches your style.

Eanae
Aug 15, 2004, 09:40 AM

use a rod+at least5

Like Ketchup said, your numbers will be very much different for a FOnewerl. The dex, nor the Dfp is needed on the mag, as a FOnewarl should never really get close to an enemy. I actually suggest you do raise dex however, for executing specials such as card specials. They have low ata, but with more, with a second weapon, such as Talis, and it's special, you'll never need any more fluids. (Incase you didn't know, Talis's special steals 2% of max tp)
I stick by the rest of what I said before with the weapons and mereges that boost simple techniques. Hildebears cane is a nice choice, because it's special is foie that doesn't use tp, and never misses. Angel/Mind++ and God/Mind should always be equipped, and Hp mats are your friend. Do not use any mats except mind, hp, or possible dfp. Pow mats are useless unless you wish to max her, in which case, I'd have to let RicoRoyal help you.

Tolar
Aug 15, 2004, 06:59 PM
Eanae, Ketchup345:
Yeah i kinda found out last night :/at least 80 times
Sorry for the bad information, but I can still give anyone, Milat mainly, really good information on the offline mission.
But you have to use a gun.

Jasam
Aug 16, 2004, 04:57 AM
Nice ewepons to use I find with the Fonewearl are the firescpter agni, icestaff dagon and storm wand indra... (or even better if you can find them the magical peice, summet moon & psycowand) and often the cadesus for grants if I relly need it.

Alielle
Aug 17, 2004, 07:03 PM
If you play a berzerk suicide FOnewearl like I do, you might want the extra def on your mag, or at least some */body units. I have a lot of fun running around as bait while my teammates pound on the poor stupid enemies. If you're good at dodging, you'll hardly ever get hit. But when you do get hit, you get hit hard. >_<

In online mode I use Summit Moon or Marina's Bag, Red/Blue/Yellow Merges, 150+ Mind mag, God/HP x2, Angel/Mind++, and a Metal/Body. I'm obviously not super anal about stats, but it works very well for me through all levels in Ultimate. And as others have mentioned, it's good to have elemental resistance units for boss fights, whenever necessary.