PDA

View Full Version : BB In english?

zimmk2vgc
Aug 15, 2004, 03:57 AM
I've been away from here for a while, and by the sound of it more and more are playing blue burst. I downloaded the trial way back but couldn't handle the japanese language. Have the released it in english or is everyone fluent in the language now?

And where can I get a new HL for BB or similar?

Tycho
Aug 15, 2004, 05:42 AM
It's not out in English (yet?). Try learn katakana, that will help you -a lot-, and it's not all that hard. If you're willing to, with some googling and learning you will be able to play BB just fine.

Para
Aug 15, 2004, 01:34 PM
i dunno i never found the need to learn jpn to play the game. If you know the game well and you are a good veteren, language shouldn't be a barrier.

Of course you can't play the game to its fullest potential.

primer567
Aug 16, 2004, 10:22 AM
There is an English patch now.

vdechpokket
Aug 16, 2004, 10:54 AM
there is an english patch, really? i have never heard of it, can someone please confirm?

i'm happy with jap version at the moment, although english patch would be prefered.

Zinger314
Aug 16, 2004, 11:51 AM
On 2004-08-16 08:54, vdechpokket wrote:
there is an english patch, really? i have never heard of it, can someone please confirm?

i'm happy with jap version at the moment, although english patch would be prefered.

Primer is refering to Broomop's unofficial patch, which, I believe, only has the Options menu translated.

KaneKahn
Aug 16, 2004, 01:04 PM
On 2004-08-16 09:51, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2004-08-16 08:54, vdechpokket wrote:

Primer is refering to Broomop's unofficial patch, which, I believe, only has the Options menu translated.

Only some of the options... I heard a RUMOR that BB with have an English Release on August 28th... Not sure if its true or not >_<

vdechpokket
Aug 16, 2004, 08:26 PM
english patch release on the 28th of august? is that official, i guess not though, anyway good to hear,

Zinger314
Aug 16, 2004, 08:34 PM
On 2004-08-16 18:26, vdechpokket wrote:
english patch release on the 28th of august? is that official, i guess not though, anyway good to hear,

I can assure you that's not official. I don't think they wouls release such a vital patch within 2 weeks without much notice.

KaneKahn
Aug 17, 2004, 01:22 AM
On 2004-08-16 18:34, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2004-08-16 18:26, vdechpokket wrote:

I can assure you that's not official. I don't think they wouls release such a vital patch within 2 weeks without much notice.

Well who knows http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif This is Sonic Team we are talking about here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif EP3 Was supposedly the last PSO out there then they come out with PSU at E3 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Arislan
Aug 17, 2004, 04:48 AM
The August 28th thing was already disproven. The source that quoted it did so off a page that listed PSO Plus coming out on that date and instead of Plus, said BB instead. Oops.

All we know about an English version of BB:

Broomop threw in some of the options
ST has made progress on the English files. They used to be direct XBox ports, they now have a few of the team menus done as well. That's it. Not eve close to complete.

Cynric
Aug 18, 2004, 05:28 PM
I don't see why they don't patch it already. They've already translated most of the quests in the other five versions of PSO, why is this version any different? I can see some of the new diolouge still being in japanese afterward, but they could at least put in the item, old quest, and speech translations. I can get around the item barrier just fine, but it isn't fun when two or three japanese players are haveing a conversation and I can't understand a thing being said. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rubesahl
Aug 18, 2004, 05:58 PM
I know what you mean. In my case I understand all of the menus and most items. Like someone said, if you know katakana and basic japanese { like the words yes or no ] then you should be able to be just fine. Only thing would be that some armor and items have kanji so that complicates things a bit. I also feel left out when they're talking. Especially when they just keep talking and talking >.< That's when I go out with what I learned in my japanese class http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Para
Aug 18, 2004, 06:22 PM
On 2004-08-18 15:28, Cynric wrote:
I don't see why they don't patch it already. They've already translated most of the quests in the other five versions of PSO, why is this version any different? I can see some of the new diolouge still being in japanese afterward, but they could at least put in the item, old quest, and speech translations. I can get around the item barrier just fine, but it isn't fun when two or three japanese players are haveing a conversation and I can't understand a thing being said. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

it may not be the translation part thats hard but probably the conversion from one version to another.

Cynric
Aug 18, 2004, 08:26 PM
They don't have to make a whole new version, just a patch that adds different language options. That can't take much time what with the translations on the other versions (PSO, PSO Ver2, PSO GCN, PSO PC, PSO Xbox), right?

Para
Aug 18, 2004, 08:43 PM
On 2004-08-18 18:26, Cynric wrote:
They don't have to make a whole new version, just a patch that adds different language options. That can't take much time what with the translations on the other versions (PSO, PSO Ver2, PSO GCN, PSO PC, PSO Xbox), right?

obviously you are missing my point.

each pso has their own set of quests. now if they were to bring a quest to another version, they need to convert it so its for the other environment.

and doing translations takes longer than u think
consider Ragnarok Online
takes forever for their content to get translated (god forbid who knows why would anyone would still play RO)

Not just that, PSO BB has alot of new content that needs to be translated too with the quests and stuff. It would be strange if ST would release the translated material bit by bit, constantly having to update from time to time.

Zinger314
Aug 18, 2004, 09:42 PM
Well, there's one thing I'm sure of: Sega won't release anofficial English Patch.

Why? First of all, the game has zero marketing in the US/EU countries, therefore, they would need to make a whole new version to publicize it. Also, they would need a new verison to adjust the payment methods.

They also need a new version because it would change the letter over your head. Yes, it's that important.