PDA

View Full Version : Having problems getting online.....

Carlocijs
Aug 16, 2004, 12:25 PM
Ive been playing pso for a while now. Same for online. Ive been playing online for a while. But just now, our internet decided to go DHCP so they gave us a new modem to. We needed to set our settings on our computer to auto. Well, everythings fine, internet working and I decided to go online with pso. So I connected my Cube on our new modem. I thought I was ready to go. Because I set my setting for my cube on auto, I thought it would be fine. But now I try to go online and I keep getting this message. Failed to retrieve IP adress from DCHP. I double checked everything like my settings. I dont know whats wrong. Can someone please help?

Ketchup345
Aug 16, 2004, 12:38 PM
Stuff to include:

* Dial-up or Broadband
* Internet Service
* What type of Broadband (Cable or DSL)
* If Broadband, what type of modem (if it has a USB or ethernet connection)
* How you are setting it up (such as Broadband router, or linked through computer)
* If using a router, what type (company and wired/wireless)
* Description of error(s)
* What type of cables being used

Carlocijs
Aug 16, 2004, 12:47 PM
Whoah, thats a heck lot of info to give.

* System: Gamecube
* Dial-up or Broadband: Broadband
* Internet Service: Chello
* What type of Broadband: Cable
* If Broadband, what type of modem: Ethernet
* How you are setting it up: I know its not linked to my computer. My cube is linked through cable with the modem.
* If using a router, what type: Thats difficult but I know its wired.
* Description of error(s): Failed to retrieve IP adress from DCHP
* What type of cables being used: I dont have any idea but its the same as I used be4 the new internet connection. It worked fine by then.

Rich_T
Aug 16, 2004, 12:48 PM
Try this:
If you using a modem, with an ethernet out, turn it off before conecting the cube, then turn it back on again once the cbe is conected, wiat for it to initialise and try again

if your using a cable broadband service, you may need to reister the MAC address of the gamecubes BBA.

Carlocijs
Aug 16, 2004, 12:55 PM
Ok, and where can I find this MAC adress for my BBA?

Rich_T
Aug 16, 2004, 05:04 PM
Take your BBa out of the gamecube, and look for a sticker with a barcode on it ( hint - its quite large)
the MAC address is there, and its a 12 digit number ( i think)

Carlocijs
Aug 18, 2004, 03:42 AM
Thanks. Now that I have the mac code, where do I need to enter it?

Rich_T
Aug 18, 2004, 11:45 AM
If youve tried disconecting your modem form the mains, and re-connecting it to the power suply, whicle changing between the gamecube and your P.C you need to call your internet company and tell the the MAC address of your gamecube BBA, tell them that you want to add another network card, and its mac address is _____

Carlocijs
Aug 18, 2004, 01:25 PM
I tried those with failure. Thanks for your help. I'll call my company tomorrow and see if I can get it working.