PDA

View Full Version : Those FSoD people...

Axel3792
Aug 16, 2004, 07:47 PM
Has anyone considered FSoDing to keep the other FSoDers from FSoDing the general population? I think there was something like that on DC...

Axel3792
Aug 16, 2004, 08:12 PM
sum1 give your views on this matter

Zinger314
Aug 16, 2004, 08:39 PM
Isn't it common sense not to bump something with an hour if it being posted?

And remember the proverb: "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Dhylec
Aug 16, 2004, 08:47 PM
fsoder of fsoders, heh teh irony
but really, how does that make fsoder-fsoders better than fsoders? where does the cycle end?

zathura2
Aug 16, 2004, 09:42 PM
good question. It's similiar to some other online games I've played, in which there are pk'ers, then pkk'ers, then pkkk'ers. That's as far as I've seen it go, but in theory, it could go on forever, lol.

Superguppie
Aug 17, 2004, 04:18 AM
I think FSOD-ers are assholes. If I would do such a thing I would be an asshole, even if the victim is an asshole too. I hate assholes, and I like myself to much to hate myself. So, no. FSOD-ing FSOD-ers is not an option. Not even preemptive.
Also, at least one way of forcing FSOD can be prevented easily. And you can bet your bibibabkas on it those FSOD-ers know and use it...

Agito_Master
Aug 18, 2004, 12:35 PM
what is fsoding?

Superguppie
Aug 18, 2004, 01:49 PM
You could have tried searching through those forums. The term is pretty common. Also I think it's in the list of terms that was made for newbies.
But since you're still quite new here: FSOD is when the PSO program crashes. The screen freezes, the sound goes BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Only way out is to turn off your machine. When you start it up again and you were playing online you loose all items in your inventory, except those you had equiped.
The Freeze effect has lead to the term Frozen Screen of Death. (In the early GC version you lost ALL items in your inventory if you were playing online).

Sadly ST messed up a bit of code that now enables scrupulus assholes to cause FSOD on other peoples systems. It is this FSODing that we are talking about here. I understand ST has fixed at least one of these ways of forcing FSOD for Ep3 server-side. I can only hope they keep at it to get all causes of FSOD that have to do with network traffic.

Fojar
Aug 19, 2004, 10:21 PM
ST patched the EPIII FSOD.

BogusKun
Aug 20, 2004, 04:18 AM
I think the whole policing thing is lame as shit.

GameMasters and monitors should've been the first priority before ST relaunched PSO.

Hopefully there newest version will have them.