PDA

View Full Version : GC: Keyboards

Warped_Effect
Aug 16, 2004, 08:48 PM
Does anybody know a Canadian website where I can get a GC Keyboard? I've only seen one site, and it was European. If you want to look, the name is Datel Powerboard.
I've spent about an hour or two searching google and every shopping website I could think of (Yahoo, Amazon, MSN, Future Show, Radio Shack, ect...) but no luck, only that one european site, and I really do not wish to pay all the overseas shipping charges. But anyvay, pretty much any help will be appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Warped_Effect on 2004-08-16 19:15 ]</font>

SLON
Aug 17, 2004, 07:08 AM
The Powerboard keyboard sucks; I know because I've got one! Shift keys are not where it says they are, quite often it won't type or gets stuck typing - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA until you pull it out and plug it back in again. Try and find something else first!
ps Yes, it is better than the soft keyboard.

Saiffy
Aug 17, 2004, 01:43 PM
On 2004-08-16 18:48, Warped_Effect wrote:
Does anybody know a Canadian website where I can get a GC Keyboard? I've only seen one site, and it was European. If you want to look, the name is Datel Powerboard.
I've spent about an hour or two searching google and every shopping website I could think of (Yahoo, Amazon, MSN, Future Show, Radio Shack, ect...) but no luck, only that one european site, and I really do not wish to pay all the overseas shipping charges. But anyvay, pretty much any help will be appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Warped_Effect on 2004-08-16 19:15 ]</font>

You can buy a sharkboard at EBgames for about $29.99 CDN

It works for GC, PS2 and Xbox http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Warped_Effect
Aug 17, 2004, 11:03 PM
Sweet, I live kinda close to an EB Games, about 1 hr or so away. Thanks Saiffwin, thanks a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Warped_Effect on 2004-08-17 21:08 ]</font>

Ashtonwade
Aug 18, 2004, 05:13 AM
Stay well clear of Datel Powerboard, I to think its crap. You can get by on it buts you cant write fluidly with it.

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2004, 07:50 AM
On 2004-08-18 03:13, Ashtonwade wrote:
Stay well clear of Datel Powerboard, I to think its crap. You can get by on it buts you cant write fluidly with it.

Try either opening the pastic, or making some kind of vent in the adaptor part. Some have drilled a small hole, others have taken it off. The problem is just because it overheats fairly often (if you type a bit slower and keep the room cool, you can type better).

The only other complaint I have about the Powerboard is the messed up key positions (such as ' being Shift+7).

RAmar-Juko
Aug 18, 2004, 07:57 AM
i guess the keyboard positions are different becasue its made for typing in cheats, and maybe becasue the UK keyboard placement is different...?

Ashtonwade
Aug 18, 2004, 09:06 AM
Thanks, I`ll try venting it. This site is an abundance of useful info. Cheers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2004, 09:42 AM
On 2004-08-18 05:57, RAmar-Juko wrote:
i guess the keyboard positions are different becasue its made for typing in cheats, and maybe becasue the UK keyboard placement is different...?

Only the special character positions are changed.

As far as I know, they are changed because it uses the JP format, since the Powerboard is availible in all 3 areas (Japan, US, Europe).

But yes, most of the Powerboard's errors are due to overheating. Many people have used the ideas I mentioned to help keep it from functioning improperly.

Warped_Effect
Aug 18, 2004, 09:54 AM
So basically what your saying is powerboards overheat to much, and that's why they are considered bad? Meh, I'm going to go ahead and get a SharkBoard because I can go to the EB Games and pick it up as well as my BBA, thanks for the help people.

Armok
Aug 18, 2004, 11:04 AM
Get a Gamecube keyboard adaptor thats what I did and it works fine.

klepto
Aug 19, 2004, 10:01 PM
the extra 30 dollars you could spend on an ASCII is well worth it. I use my ascii for every game i play. not just pso. best 70 dollars ive ever spent on a piece of video game hardware.

Warped_Effect
Aug 20, 2004, 06:15 PM
On 2004-08-19 20:01, klepto wrote:
the extra 30 dollars you could spend on an ASCII is well worth it. I use my ascii for every game i play. not just pso. best 70 dollars ive ever spent on a piece of video game hardware.

ASCII? Woudl you mind explaining why I should spend the extra $30 to get it, and further delay my online play? (I'm gettin the keyboard and a BBA at the same time) Plus I don't think the ASCII is avaliable at EB Games.

RAmar-Juko
Aug 20, 2004, 07:38 PM
you live in canada? me 2, i think the versions are better now if you can get a newely shipped one. I just bought mine today, and i hafta say im impressed. first of all the colour of the keyboard is changed and now its black, same as the adapter. The keys are not sticky and i can say, i like them better then my PC keyboard. I dont know if im gonna recieve overheating, but so far im happy with my non-laggy, black keyboard, non-sticky keyboard for my gamecube. I give it A 9/10 JUST BECASUE THE SHIFT BUTTONS AND THINGS ARE SMALLER AND SOME THINGS ARE OUT OF PLACE.

Warped_Effect
Aug 20, 2004, 08:10 PM
On 2004-08-20 17:38, RAmar-Juko wrote:
you live in canada? me 2, i think the versions are better now if you can get a newely shipped one. I just bought mine today, and i hafta say im impressed. first of all the colour of the keyboard is changed and now its black, same as the adapter. The keys are not sticky and i can say, i like them better then my PC keyboard. I dont know if im gonna recieve overheating, but so far im happy with my non-laggy, black keyboard, non-sticky keyboard for my gamecube. I give it A 9/10 JUST BECASUE THE SHIFT
OUT OF PLACE.

?? Mind specifying what you are talking about?

RAmar-Juko
Aug 21, 2004, 10:27 AM
talking bout the POWERBOARD,i think you should get, though keep in mind its like 35 canadian, but im happy becasue mines fine