PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider Piping to be illegit

Axel3792
Aug 17, 2004, 12:18 PM
What are your thoughts? Personally I think it is fine, since you do actually have to kill the monster to get it, even though you pipe back and forth to find it...

Ketchup345
Aug 17, 2004, 12:35 PM
Very, very few people consider piping to actualy be illegit. ST even seems to show that they like pipers, since they included some great items for them in the GC/XBox version (easiest Psycho Wand, Heaven Punisher).

Eihwaz
Aug 17, 2004, 12:44 PM
On 2004-08-17 10:35, Ketchup345 wrote:
Very, very few people consider piping to actualy be illegit. ST even seems to show that they like pipers, since they included some great items for them in the GC/XBox version (easiest Psycho Wand, Heaven Punisher).

Not to mention it being refered to on some official ST webpage...

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Aug 17, 2004, 08:59 PM
After all of the noise comming out of my friend's cube when he used to pipe, I don't think it's all that safe over long periods of time.

Tycho
Aug 18, 2004, 03:31 AM
Never had problems, my cube is still fine.

Nothing wrong with piping. The fact the enemies respawn is not like a glitch or something, so this is not an exploit. Actually I think this is even more fair, at least you can get the items by working instead of waiting to get an incredible amount of luck.

PatserGOUKI
Aug 18, 2004, 07:14 AM
On 2004-08-17 10:18, Axel3792 wrote:
What are your thoughts? Personally I think it is fine, since you do actually have to kill the monster to get it, even though you pipe back and forth to find it...

Why bother, as many people dont care at all....

P-Gouki

Kadavreski
Aug 18, 2004, 07:21 AM
pipings not ilegit, and the people who say it is are idiots.piping isn't hurting the game.

in a way, you're paying for it! think of all the fluids you need to buy just to find one rare enemy...

like i said, its not hurting the game, so its fully legit.

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2004, 08:06 AM
On 2004-08-18 05:21, mechgun_mike wrote:
pipings not ilegit, and the people who say it is are idiots.piping isn't hurting the game.

in a way, you're paying for it! think of all the fluids you need to buy just to find one rare enemy...

like i said, its not hurting the game, so its fully legit.

3 things wrong with your post:
1) It does eventually hurt the GC and the game, but only if it is done for very extended time periods. But I guess you mean the different type of "hurt the game". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
2) If you are using a Human/Newman to pipe, you shouldn't use fluids unless you ran out of TP when you are on Ragol. A trip to the Medical center takes only a few seconds, and costs just 10 Meseta. The only way piping takes much money from you is if you are using an Android.
3) Sometimes you can easily find one rare enemy without using your full TP bar (especially at higher levels).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-08-18 06:07 ]</font>