PDA

View Full Version : dc...

Tycho
Aug 18, 2004, 03:26 AM
These disconnections are starting to get on my nerves. They happen at all ships, but some times more than at others.

A few days ago it even happened in challenge mode when we had just defeated Barba Ray, noone was moving anymore. So I tried to run to the warp and the counter right away anyway, I was really happy it worked.

Now, who is to blame? Should I call my ISP there's something wrong? Is there any way to prevent it?

Fossil
Aug 18, 2004, 03:33 AM
It could be your ISP. If you use 56k people could be calling your house all the time and causing you to d/c. If cable it could be overloaded servers or something.

Or that the DC server is crap to begin with.

Gjl
Aug 18, 2004, 05:25 AM
Get used to it I say. I gave up on Ep1 cmode when I dc'd EIGHT times right before/during Vol Opt. Also DCing on Olga Flow after 1:30 of intense fighting through the fucking laggy ass seabeds was one of the most annoying things to happen to me in this game. Regarding the temples, I must have DCed there at least 3-4 times - once right at the fucking barba portal -.-. Temple is my most hated area and I absolutely loathed the cmode level. Aah well I suppose this is what you get from cmoding on the JP servers.

Superguppie
Aug 18, 2004, 11:55 AM
Yeah, the past few weeks it has been at least once a night. Even got an ingame FSOD. I can remember the months without a single DC. I don't know what they have done on the servers, but it sucks.