PDA

View Full Version : Item: Section ID combinations increase rare item chance?

HUcast-Dark
Aug 18, 2004, 08:14 AM
Hey! This is my first post on PSO World (and hopefully not my last!)!
I don't know about anyone else but it seems to me that certain combinations of section ID's seem to increase the chances of finding rare items. On a caves level 1 Ult. run offline with my friend (Me Hucast-Redria,Him Racast-Viridia), we managed to find two guilty lights a red slicer a diska of liberator and a cure/poison , whereas on my own i've found jack! Anyone else share the same opinion?

Eihwaz
Aug 18, 2004, 08:22 AM
Nope, it doesn't. When you're playing with 1-3 other people, the only ID that counts is the one that belongs to the game creator/leader.

HUcast-Dark
Aug 18, 2004, 08:24 AM
I know that, but it seems that items come up more often in multiplayer with different combos. Idon't think it's a set thing but its something that just seems to happen.

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2004, 08:28 AM
Different ID comboes do not affect drop rates at all. All drop rates are set, and don't change (except for drop anything rates in certain online quests).

It is probably because you kill more enemies in multiplayer, more rares drop (more dead enemies = more possible rare drops). Also, your luck plays a part in it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-08-18 06:29 ]</font>

HUcast-Dark
Aug 18, 2004, 08:34 AM
I think your right Ketchup. More monsters would equal a larger chance of finding rar items in multi mode. Thanx.

GrandWarlock
Aug 18, 2004, 08:35 AM
Welcome to PSOW, and I'm pretty sure that the Section ID compinations effect rare item drops. It was probably just a coincidence that you got those rares, since that's usually the reasn for most of the things that happen in PSO.

HUcast-Dark
Aug 18, 2004, 08:39 AM
Thanx alot Grand Warlock! It's nice to be part of soemthing i've been using as a guest for months now. I'm still not sure about the combo thing but maybe we're onto something. Just maybe...

KaFKa
Aug 18, 2004, 08:47 AM
On 2004-08-18 06:14, HUcast-Dark wrote:

there is a forum for that, we call it the lounge. learn to use it.

I don't know about anyone else but it seems to me that certain combinations of section ID's seem to increase the chances of finding rare items.

no. not now. not ever. take your stupid, childish theory and go play with the kiddies in vega. you'll fit right in.

On a caves level 1 Ult. run offline with my friend (Me Hucast-Redria,Him Racast-Viridia), we managed to find two guilty lights a red slicer a diska of liberator and a cure/poison , whereas on my own i've found jack! Anyone else share the same opinion?

hmm, firstly there are much more enemies in multiplayer. this alone increases the rate at wich a rare will drop. ever think of that einstein?

secondly, the games drops are random. random as fuck. ask anyone on this board and they'll tell you the horror stories / tales of jubilation.

lastly, you found two guilty lights (a shitty rare that most people give away after getting their fifth or sixth), a red slicer (oh joy, its not like i have five of my own), a diska of liberator (thats not even noteworthy), and a cure/poison (also extremely useless). the only thing worthy of mention is the red slicer, which is a somewhat easy drop for redria. there is a thread for finds, its at the top of the page, learn to use it.

now, welcome to PSOW, read the fucking forum rules, lurk before posting, and for the sake of god, get a brain.

Gjl
Aug 18, 2004, 09:08 AM
On 2004-08-18 06:47, KaFKa wrote:

On 2004-08-18 06:14, HUcast-Dark wrote:

there is a forum for that, we call it the lounge. learn to use it.

I don't know about anyone else but it seems to me that certain combinations of section ID's seem to increase the chances of finding rare items.

no. not now. not ever. take your stupid, childish theory and go play with the kiddies in vega. you'll fit right in.

On a caves level 1 Ult. run offline with my friend (Me Hucast-Redria,Him Racast-Viridia), we managed to find two guilty lights a red slicer a diska of liberator and a cure/poison , whereas on my own i've found jack! Anyone else share the same opinion?

hmm, firstly there are much more enemies in multiplayer. this alone increases the rate at wich a rare will drop. ever think of that einstein?

secondly, the games drops are random. random as fuck. ask anyone on this board and they'll tell you the horror stories / tales of jubilation.

lastly, you found two guilty lights (a shitty rare that most people give away after getting their fifth or sixth), a red slicer (oh joy, its not like i have five of my own), a diska of liberator (thats not even noteworthy), and a cure/poison (also extremely useless). the only thing worthy of mention is the red slicer, which is a somewhat easy drop for redria. there is a thread for finds, its at the top of the page, learn to use it.

now, welcome to PSOW, read the fucking forum rules, lurk before posting, and for the sake of god, get a brain.

I think that was a bit harsh...

HUcast-Dark
Aug 18, 2004, 09:12 AM
Firstly

If you've actually read theprevious posts on this topic yo'ull notice that ketchup and myself have already picked up on this so your obviously not observant as you thought.

and finally,

I never said that these items were any good, i was merely trying to show that i found quite a lot of rare items (rare as in found in red boxes).

Oh and thanx for the welcome.

shingo
Aug 18, 2004, 09:26 AM
personally i think its more funner to find good rare items by your self because the other people on your team wine about whos going to get it. in multi mode but i usally play with redrias becaus we think they have the a higer chance of getting rare weapons? iread that in a faqs about ids

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-18 07:27 ]</font>

HUcast-Dark
Aug 18, 2004, 09:27 AM
On 2004-08-18 07:26, shingo wrote:
personally i think its more funner to find good rare items by your self because the other people on your team wine about whos going to get it. in multi mode but i usally play with redias becaus we think they have the a higer chance of getting rare weapons? is this true

Haven't got a clue.

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2004, 09:36 AM
On 2004-08-18 07:26, shingo wrote:
personally i think its more funner to find good rare items by your self because the other people on your team wine about whos going to get it. in multi mode but i usally play with redrias becaus we think they have the a higer chance of getting rare weapons? iread that in a faqs about ids

There are many nice players who let you have what you called. IT is just your luck that you haven't found any yet.
Check the Item Findings/Database.
For most items, they have the same drop rate as any other ID with the same drop spot. The guide (I'm assuming it was one from GameFAQs?) says Red Weapons I believe, meaning the weapons made for Rico by Flowen. Redria find all but 2 I believe (Partisan and Daggers). Whitill actually finds the most (all but Daggers I think).

And HUcast- Don't reply to something if you don't know an answer or have something useful to comment on.

Eihwaz
Aug 18, 2004, 10:38 AM
On 2004-08-18 07:36, Ketchup345 wrote:
The guide (I'm assuming it was one from GameFAQs?) says Red Weapons I believe, meaning the weapons made for Rico by Flowen. Redria find all but 2 I believe (Partisan and Daggers). Whitill actually finds the most (all but Daggers I think).

Yeah, it's the GameFAQs one. Whitill finding most of the Red weapons, as well as Rico's Glasses/Earrings makes sense becuase Rico's section ID was Whitill (asumming she registered under the name RICO TYRELL XD).

Seval
Aug 18, 2004, 01:32 PM
If the drop of things in multi mode corresponds to just the leader's ID, how come I still find so many knives when I'm player 2?

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2004, 01:34 PM
On 2004-08-18 11:32, Seval wrote:
If the drop of things in multi mode corresponds to just the leader's ID, how come I still find so many knives when I'm player 2?

Knives are a connom item. Any ID can find them (even Redria). The kill speed means more items drop.

Also, the First player's ID may be Oran, Purplenum, or Yellowboze.

Kyo_X
Sep 22, 2004, 03:14 PM
I guess I need to kill more Tollaws to get a Twin Chakram with my Oran.

Nai_Calus
Sep 22, 2004, 03:23 PM
On 2004-08-18 08:38, Eihwaz wrote:

Rico's section ID was Whitill (asumming she registered under the name RICO TYRELL XD).

RIKO, actually, as far as anyone can tell. XP