PDA

View Full Version : Hi there, I'm new here and I have a question in the PSO BB G

the_importer
Aug 18, 2004, 01:19 PM
Hey there,

I'm a PSO veteran whose wish of a server side PSO finally came true with Blue Burst.

My only problem right now is that I'm outputting on my TV (my monitor is really dark and that sucks big time for gaming) and I find it really hard to see the writing. PSO on DC, PC (first one) and XBOX didn't use such a small font.

Does anyone know of a way to increase the font size, either by tweaking the game (I know my way around Regedit) or by doing something with my Windows or Video card display?

Thank you

Para
Aug 18, 2004, 01:48 PM
Font size no but you could try decreasing the resolution for the font to be bigger i believe.
As for darkness you can adjust brightness settings... but i forgot where in the options in BB

Rainbowlemon
Aug 18, 2004, 02:07 PM
Try loading up PSOBB, and when the first screen comes up, choose options (the 3rd choice). At the bottom of the option menu there is a pull-down list with diferent fonts in. Try changing that to MSGothic, and the font should hopefully be a bit bigger http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If it's not, just have a little play around with the fonts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 18, 2004, 02:15 PM
Actually there is a way to change the gamma settings in PSOBB so you can play it on your monitor.

Jack
Aug 18, 2004, 02:17 PM
If you're running it at a high resolution, don't. The image has to be scaled to fit a TV, so run it at 640 x 480, or possibly 800 x 600. And make sure you output using an S-Video cable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2004-08-18 12:18 ]</font>

the_importer
Aug 18, 2004, 03:29 PM
Thank you for your advice, but all of these were already taken into consideration before.

Gamma setting of PSO: This was the first thing I tried after getting the menu translation picture. My monitor requires an internal tweaking for it to become brighter, I'm just to chicken to do it myself since I could, well, fry myself. Gamma is not the problem here, but Brightness and Contrast.

Resolution: My Video card Outputs to my TV at 800X600 and 1024X768. But since PSO is a full screen game, the game resolution selected, which is 640X480, takes priority with both my monitor and TV. I choose this resolution because I have a powerful PC with a cheap Video Card (Radeon 7000).

Font Style: Second thing I tried was every font style that the game offered, but it hardly changes squat.

Again, thank you for your time.

Stan64
Aug 18, 2004, 04:35 PM
MS Gothic is the biggest one. And some of them don't have much difference. I have screens of all fonts in action with both english letters and japanese symbols. Radeon have settings in advanced how brightness and so on should be in different situations. Justgo to display and advanced. Have you tried changing color temperature? o.o

the_importer
Aug 18, 2004, 05:16 PM
I'm not arguing with you that MS Gothic is not the biggest font available for PSO BB, I'm just saying that even the biggest font is pretty small in comparison to the previous PC, DC and XBOX version.
I know that for a fact because it's killing my eyes.

Also, if you're referring to these Radeon settings, already tried them, didn't do a thing.

http://pages.infinit.net/bps007/ati.JPG

I've tried putting both Desktop and Full Screen 3D setting to the max for Brightness, Contrast and Gamma. I couldn't see my Desktop anymore, but PSO still looked the same. These setting don't seem to affect this game.