PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: He never gives up does he...?

Link00seven
Aug 18, 2004, 03:33 PM
From Broomop:

Well I got banned by SEGA on the Game PSOBB so many times, and now they took some really harsh action and totally banned my isp from the game, which is stupid because I will find a way around it but not other innocent people, o well its more their loss then mine.

He really plans on finding a way back on? Sheesh what is it with this guy?

Arislan
Aug 18, 2004, 03:58 PM
Pride. How much do you want to bet that next time he gets banned, they do the same thing again, or even more, take legal action? The guy at this point is harrassing the company over international borders. Can we say Interpol?

Getintothegame
Aug 18, 2004, 04:09 PM
Japan will kick his ass if they get him.

SEGA needs to take legal action against him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-08-18 14:10 ]</font>

Stan64
Aug 18, 2004, 04:27 PM
This only shows how lame he is. Picking a fight against a big company just for the fun of it. In public also.

Jack
Aug 18, 2004, 05:20 PM
On 2004-08-18 13:58, Arislan wrote:
Can we say Interpol?

I'd like to hear that phone call. "Hello, we're being pestered by a guy over the Internet, and... hello?"

the_importer
Aug 18, 2004, 05:50 PM
You guys obviously don't know hackers. I take Networking classes in private college, so I got to know a few hackers and programmers. They do enjoy the thrill as much as you guys enjoy playing this game. If this game was opened source and had an option to pay or not (Donationware), they wouldn't even bother because the challenge would be gone.

Now I'm not defending what he's doing (well I do support his English patch however), but that's how most hackers/programmers get their kicks.

Para
Aug 18, 2004, 06:21 PM
Would be interesting to see legal action taken against him.

Zinger314
Aug 18, 2004, 06:23 PM
A Japanese company filing suit against an European...can they do this? Aren't there laws against cross-country suits?

<--- Not a lawyer

Saffran
Aug 18, 2004, 07:13 PM
The only thing that prevents cross country trials is money. Why do you think Everanime or SonMay Records still exist?

In some cases (when the laws are too different between the 2 countries) it might also be a problem.
I wonder : if a taiwanese attorney could prove that a french person has dealt drugs with taiwanese people, would that person be judged under French laws or under Taiwanese laws? (drugs dealing is sentenced with death in Taiwan...)

Balbarei
Aug 18, 2004, 07:19 PM
omg, he needs to get a life, and stop doing that

Tsudo_Plat
Aug 18, 2004, 07:59 PM
Wow..... what a FAT NERD!! OMG....

KaFKa
Aug 18, 2004, 09:19 PM
you guys obviously dont know what a hacker is.

most hackers arent the typical fat nerd with thick glasses sitting in front of a computer all day just to hack into things. for them, hacking is just a game, like how most people like sports or games. if you tell a hacker to get a life, he would laugh at you then tell you to get lost.

and to everyone who hates him for hacking up PSO: get over it. if it wasnt broomop it would be someone else.

Para
Aug 18, 2004, 09:24 PM
dont forget barubary http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

adamgnome104
Aug 18, 2004, 10:29 PM
I can't believe he finds it fun. Don't ruin it for him though, soon he'll be 30, and a 30 year old hacker isn't fun for anybody.

Of course I used to like the PSOpc games and stuff off of his site but now its just crappy, because this is a new game, blue burst not crappy PSOPC....

o_O

One of these days he'll realize that he has wasted his life...damn....what kind of a loser is he... o_O

OH MY GOD IM HACKING A GAME LOL!! THEY BAN ME LOLOLO! I'LL GET BACK LMAO!!!!!!INNOCENT PEOPEL CANT PLAY A GAME LOMAOOOOOO!

He needs...a real life....like in real life....>_<

Stan64
Aug 19, 2004, 06:04 AM
I don't see many valid points here.

Jack, the phone call will more likely start with Sega introducing themselves. Explaining there bussiness. Prooves that the kid ruins their bussiness and so on.

the_importer, ok he get thrills. But he is more of a cracker that need attention. It's not like he is doing very advanced stuff like sniffing admin passwords to big security networks and so on. =) And a hacker never ever demands attention. The best hacker in the world can be your friend but he never tells you.

KaFKa, it's not sure. I haven't seen any other PSOBB players that cracks it and is all "look at me I am an attention-wh0re". =) I know some ppl that know cheats and such but they keep it silent. And no one will care. Thedemand of getting attention can be done in nicer ways. Like finding exploits and help companies with them. I am in the credits of a GBA game for an example. =D

Nites, I have to defend barubary. AFAIK now barubary is a she. And that's cool. And that makes it more understandable. She knows the game in and out and is good at things to do stuff most others can't do. But she is not ruining the game for anyone. The only hings she have said is to help the PSO community. Like Control Tower and TJS.

Yeah. That was about that. You maybe disagree but that is my points and i won't change much. You are free to say what you think. =) I'm not trying to argue. Just telling my points. (Read: don't argue against them. tell you points about them.)

the_importer
Aug 19, 2004, 10:02 AM
On 2004-08-18 19:19, KaFKa wrote:
you guys obviously dont know what a hacker is.

most hackers arent the typical fat nerd with thick glasses sitting in front of a computer all day just to hack into things. for them, hacking is just a game, like how most people like sports or games. if you tell a hacker to get a life, he would laugh at you then tell you to get lost.

and to everyone who hates him for hacking up PSO: get over it. if it wasnt broomop it would be someone else.

You shouldn't live with stereotype ideas like that. For example, there's a hacker in front of me in my class who's like 7 feet tall, half buff, not fat, no glasses and could probably snap your neck like a twig.

If I decide to take an extra course in Security+, I could be a hacker myself. Does that mean that I'll go from 145 to 250 pounds and that I'll become blind as a bat and wear glasses?

Your stereotype comment would not better then me saying that all Americans eat at McDonald 3 times a day.

the_importer
Aug 19, 2004, 11:34 AM
Stuff like that happens when someone doesn't spell check. There's supposed to be an apostrophe between the "N" and the "T" in the word “aren't”. That alone is enough to think that the word was "are".

Para
Aug 19, 2004, 12:28 PM
about barubary...

stan64 you might think barubary is not involved but trust me, barubary is involved by indirectly.

and i know barubary is female aka myria aka melissa

Gjl
Aug 19, 2004, 02:21 PM
On 2004-08-19 09:34, the_importer wrote:
Stuff like that happens when someone doesn't spell check. There's supposed to be an apostrophe between the "N" and the "T" in the word ?aren't?. That alone is enough to think that the word was "are".

What looks more like aren't?
1. are
2. arent

I don't think anyone can accidentally add an N and a T by mistake. Plus people tend to miss out apostrophes very often. If you spell check arent you'll get aren't I bet. So uhh whatever...dumb argument, lets move back on topic.

On topic:
Seems strange though. His last comment made it appear that he'd given up on PSO:BB ('sorry guys I won't be playing anymore =(' - or something like that). Seems his ego is urging him to 'redeem' himself now that he's repaired his injured pride. Pretty pathetic actually, but then again I suppose the people that BUY his cheats (with their parents stolen credit cards most likely) are even more pathetic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif.

EDIT: Apostrophes aren't used to negate words by the way. In this case it's used to abbreviate words ('aren't' means 'are not')

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gjl on 2004-08-19 12:23 ]</font>

Stan64
Aug 19, 2004, 08:36 PM
Nites, oh. Didn't know she WAS Myria. XD

Hmm. Then I am a bit suspicious. =( I have always defended her on forums. The only things I have seen her write is things that help out. That's why.

Corey
Aug 19, 2004, 08:54 PM
:l

offtopicness:
Melissa=Jeff=guy
Broomop and Nugz can tell you that if you ask them
He just pretends to be a woman...(I know there's a name for that...god dam my memory)

and btw Nugz was tought to hack by Jeff, furthermore
(Nugz himself told me this lietterally)

shingo
Aug 19, 2004, 08:56 PM
well its his fault of he gets banned agin also its just one guy theres more guys on the game doing the same thing.so dont make a big deal about because theres more people doing the same thing out there.there just making an example of them to scare other hackers.also sega probaly do something like a civil suit or just warn him aagin and again...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-19 19:02 ]</font>

KaneKahn
Aug 20, 2004, 03:18 AM
Hey guys look how long Broomop has done this to PSO >_< He wont ever stop even if he gets caught just the kind of person he is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I mean you all can hope something will happen and BB will remain Legit for all its time up but, after seeing him terorrize PSO since DC I really don't think he will stop :S

PatserGOUKI
Aug 20, 2004, 04:55 AM
On 2004-08-18 13:33, Link00seven wrote:
From Broomop:

Well I got banned by SEGA on the Game PSOBB so many times, and now they took some really harsh action and totally banned my isp from the game, which is stupid because I will find a way around it but not other innocent people, o well its more their loss then mine.

He really plans on finding a way back on? Sheesh what is it with this guy?

Its attention shortage from his parents I believe! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
He just needs attention, he loves it, patethic, dont make topics on him, he also loves it. Useless person.

PatserGOUKI

BogusKun
Aug 20, 2004, 05:00 AM
On 2004-08-18 15:50, the_importer wrote:
You guys obviously don't know hackers.... They do enjoy the thrill as much as you guys enjoy playing this game.

That's like saying this... "You guys obviously don't know serial rapists.... They do enjoy the thrill as much as you guys enjoy safe sex."

(So it's ok to be a serial-rapist who seem to have the same kicks hackers do? I've set the crook from the norm in a perfect analogy.)

And if it's a crime which it IS... then it is still illegal... no matter where you do it, because he still agreed under Japanese contract.

On 2004-08-18 16:23, Zinger314 wrote:
A Japanese company filing suit against an European...can they do this? Aren't there laws against cross-country suits?

<--- Not a lawyer

Yes, it's possible. (Once explained before... Bootlegging/warezing such as PSO, reverse engineering of a lisenced product, credit card theft, invasion of private and secure information is a crime that leads to hard time in jail)

On 2004-08-19 04:04, Stan64 wrote:
Nites, I have to defend barubary. AFAIK now barubary is a she. And that's cool. And that makes it more understandable.
Unfortunately, from what you DON'T KNOW is Barubary is a he.

I like the other points you made but I will have to disagree with one certain part and all I can say is....

Bull fucking shit... it doesnt matter if you are (let me break it down for you all BARNEY STYLE so you even 6 year olds know what I'm talking about) male, female, shemale, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, black, white, native american, hispanic, asian, mixed, muslim, christian, jewish, catholic, buddhist, atheist, morman, polytheist, smart, mentally challenge, physically disabled, preppy, lazy, fat, pretty, ugly, Sephiroth-Looking, WHAAAATEVER!!!

It doesn't matter who you are... hacking is bad in general, I don't care if your helping the Skittles Factory quickly find the lost rainbow online... it's still wrong.

I know I did wrong by hacking, and yes it was a sport to me... but it's also a waste of time. Most hackers do not do it for money... only the love of exploitation, debugging/digital re-engineering, and information gathering.

I don't care if you put on a dress and dance in circles all day with a tutu and little angel wings... a hacker is a hacker, and if a company says IT'S THE LAW to not fuck with their shit... well God Damn it... IT'S THE LAW!

Get over it... grow up... it's the year 2004. It's about time people start opening their eyes and focusing on bigger and better things besides boast how good SOMEBODY ELSE is.

AndyPandy
Aug 20, 2004, 05:20 AM
All this "hacking" talk is really old news now. PSO has been the same code since the Dreamcast days. To "hack" PSO is nothing difficult, in fact anyone on this forum could do it with a few hours of teaching. All you need is a hex-editor and some spare time, hardly rocket science.

As for this broomop guy, Barubary, etc etc. The bottom line is they are criminals.....sounds a little far fetched, but its true. They modify property that is legally owned and protected by someone else.

Unfortunately, these type of people seem to attract an army of weak minded people look up to them. The funny thing is, Sega is basically laughing in their faces seeing them pay to play a game they have basically ruined.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2004-08-20 03:22 ]</font>

the_importer
Aug 20, 2004, 06:27 AM
I wasn't really planning on posting here again since this board as pretty much serve it's purpose for me, but I will leave you with this.

With all this "hacking is illegal stuff" that everyone's talking about on this topic, need I remind you that all of us who's playing Blue Burst here (including myself) are in fact breaking the law as well. This is suppose to be for Japanese resident players only, I pretty much doubt that any of us here reside in Japan.

We've all entered false information (address, Phone Number, etc...) in the PSO BB form in order to play this game, therefor, we broke Sega's agreement.

A crime is a crime, see you on Blue Burst

Booyaka!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: the_importer on 2004-08-20 04:29 ]</font>

Superguppie
Aug 20, 2004, 07:07 AM
On 2004-08-20 03:20, AndyPandy wrote:
All this "hacking" talk is really old news now. PSO has been the same code since the Dreamcast days. To "hack" PSO is nothing difficult, in fact anyone on this forum could do it with a few hours of teaching. All you need is a hex-editor and some spare time, hardly rocket science.

That depends on the definition of hacking. If it is to include entering codes that someone else found, or guessing of those codes, then yes, anyone can learn that in a few hours.
From what I heard of Broomop and the likes they go a lot further than that. This is NOT learned in a few hours and NOT done with just a hex-editor.
Also, although the basic code is probably the same as it was in DC/v1.0, the overhauls made for the different successive versions must have changed it dramaticaly. Especialy so for Blue Burst.

As for this broomop guy, Barubary, etc etc. The bottom line is they are criminals.....sounds a little far fetched, but its true. They modify property that is legally owned and protected by someone else.

I don't know where you got that, but it's wrong. There may be places with laws against it, but in most places it is perfectly legal to take apart any piece of software you legaly own. As long as you keep that all to yourself, there is no problem.
Also, sharing information found by hacking in itself isn't illegal. Publishing someone elses code can be illegal, but even that not always is.
What is illegal is changing stuff that is on someone elses computer without this someones permission. (Did any of those B's do that? Not that I heard of!)
It is NOT illegal to connect to a server with unauthorized clients, but it is then also NOT illegal for the server to refuse service.

Unfortunately, these type of people seem to attract an army of weak minded people look up to them. The funny thing is, Sega is basically laughing in their faces seeing them pay to play a game they have basically ruined.

Yeah, but that's the way the world works. Anyone that can give others the impression of being succesful will attract people that can't. It's sad that this also goes for people succesful at doing bad...

Para
Aug 20, 2004, 11:25 AM
On 2004-08-19 18:54, Corey wrote:
:l

offtopicness:
Melissa=Jeff=guy
Broomop and Nugz can tell you that if you ask them
He just pretends to be a woman...(I know there's a name for that...god dam my memory)

and btw Nugz was tought to hack by Jeff, furthermore
(Nugz himself told me this lietterally)

Unfortunately, from what you DON'T KNOW is Barubary is a he.

I KNOW about the gender issue and would you please not bring it up? Disrespectful. And Melissa is really a nice person. Melissa prefers to be referred as female and I hope you respect that wish.

Stan64
Aug 20, 2004, 02:03 PM
BogusKun, I do not think hacking is ok if you have lost items and so on. But the "hacking" I meant is like looking at the source code, reverse enigineering and stuff to solve mystesries like drop rates nd so on. And keep the information how to look it up private. And say the result instead. What the drop rates are exactly and so on.

That DO NOT include making of a private public server. I am against that too.

KaneKahn
Aug 21, 2004, 01:06 AM
On 2004-08-20 12:03, Stan64 wrote:
BogusKun, I do not think hacking is ok if you have lost items and so on. But the "hacking" I meant is like looking at the source code, reverse enigineering and stuff to solve mystesries like drop rates nd so on. And keep the information how to look it up private. And say the result instead. What the drop rates are exactly and so on.

That DO NOT include making of a private public server. I am against that too.

Even when Sonic Team Shuts down theirs? Cause you can get on PSO PC Ver2 but they are Private....

AndyPandy
Aug 21, 2004, 06:13 AM
On 2004-08-20 05:07, Superguppie wrote:

On 2004-08-20 03:20, AndyPandy wrote:

That depends on the definition of hacking. If it is to include entering codes that someone else found, or guessing of those codes, then yes, anyone can learn that in a few hours.
From what I heard of Broomop and the likes they go a lot further than that. This is NOT learned in a few hours and NOT done with just a hex-editor.
Also, although the basic code is probably the same as it was in DC/v1.0, the overhauls made for the different successive versions must have changed it dramaticaly. Especialy so for Blue Burst.

Most of the annoying hacking was done with a simple Hex editor that anyone can pick up for free online. It can be learnt in a few hours, hell I did it myself..lol cant be that hard. Yes this guy may go a little further, but I am stating that it is easy to modify PSO's code to your advantage using a hex editor and a few hours of learning how PSO works. Blue Burst is a different story, which I really dont want to comment on at this early stage...needless to say, gameguard is a farce

I don't know where you got that, but it's wrong. There may be places with laws against it, but in most places it is perfectly legal to take apart any piece of software you legaly own. As long as you keep that all to yourself, there is no problem.
Also, sharing information found by hacking in itself isn't illegal. Publishing someone elses code can be illegal, but even that not always is.
What is illegal is changing stuff that is on someone elses computer without this someones permission. (Did any of those B's do that? Not that I heard of!)
It is NOT illegal to connect to a server with unauthorized clients, but it is then also NOT illegal for the server to refuse service.

Last time I looked at the PSO terms and conditions, and for that matter, the XBOX LIVE terms and conditions, it says its illegal to modify any code...take a look. The bottom line is they dont want you to do this, hence his numerous bans.

Yeah, but that's the way the world works. Anyone that can give others the impression of being succesful will attract people that can't. It's sad that this also goes for people succesful at doing bad...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2004-08-21 04:14 ]</font>

Stan64
Aug 21, 2004, 10:12 AM
KaneKahn,
I can play PSOv1 and PSOv2 on DC on the real servers. And if the JP and EU servers that still are theere goes down. Then you maybe need to upgrade. =)

Upgrade to:
PSO Ep1&2 - GC
PSO Ep1&2 - XBOX
PSO Ep3 - GC
PSO BB - PC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stan64 on 2004-08-21 08:13 ]</font>

Tsudo_Plat
Aug 21, 2004, 12:09 PM
On 2004-08-19 04:04, Stan64 wrote:
Nites, I have to defend barubary. AFAIK now barubary is a she. And that's cool. And that makes it more understandable. She knows the game in and out and is good at things to do stuff most others can't do. But she is not ruining the game for anyone. The only hings she have said is to help the PSO community. Like Control Tower and TJS.

OMG! Are you stupid? Tell that shyt to all the legit ppl that played PSO on DC. That bitch/bastard screwed them all over with the release of his/her cheats over the internet! Which then made cheating basically mainstream on DC.

Shoot, I got so fed up with it that I went and bought some DC coders cable and looked over some tutorials and learned how to find my OWN codes.

What you don't understand is that Broomop isn't shyt! He sucks at coding, and especially hacking at that matter. I knew him on DC and his pathetic codes were weak. He was a fat loser that got PK'd and Nol'd more times than he would like to admit. If memory serves me right, on DC all he would do is take already well known codes and change them so that they are usable by EU users....

The fact that he is still coding on GC/X-Box is the sad part. The rest of us have moved on and are either playing legitly now or are onto bigger and better things.

You wanna know the difference between a smart hacker and a run of the mil hacker?

A smart hacker knows where to stop. He doesn't continue to do the same thing over and over again. Broomop is pathetic, hes been on PSO for ages and he still can't do ANYTHING, he sucks.

Oh for everyone out there that keeps saying he is "hacking" the game. He is in a sense, but the correct term is coding. I'm not sure what method he is using, but I know some ppl hardcode data onto the PSO disk and basically make a new game with the altered data. Whether he does this or uses the likes of a cheat device or even a program on his computer is besides the point. What he is doing effects the rest of the PSO community. The dupes, cheats, etc. RUIN THE GAME. The saddest thing about all this is that Segas online security SUCKS SOOOO MUCH that they can't even stop ppl from having mags that are in the 1000s for their level. I'm suprised they are even smart enough to BAN the twerp..

How sad....

Stan64
Aug 22, 2004, 11:08 AM
I didn't know Barubary released cheats on DC. Then I maybe withdraw my defending. But as you saw I pointed out WHY i defended her/him. And I knew no more than that.

And I only know Broomop from the PSOPC scene and forward. And he is the same bastard as ever.

anwserman
Aug 22, 2004, 11:13 AM
Barubary didn't purposely release the cheats on DC. It was more of a "I'll give to my close friends" sort of deal, which those friends then after a while told their friends which those friends told their friends until everybody and their grandma knew how to use them.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

To keep a secret between two people, one has to be dead.

Neo Rei
Aug 22, 2004, 05:26 PM
I'm not too sure about that. As far as I can remember, rumours said Barubary copied the DC PSO cheats from some Japanese site.

Back then, Barubary sucked. Doesn't anyone remember the cat and mice game in the first months of PSO ver2? Still, I find his/her recent attitude towards Episodes I&II and III to be admirable.

Btw, Broomop is just a looser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo Rei on 2004-08-22 15:29 ]</font>

AndyPandy
Aug 23, 2004, 03:04 AM
I think you kind of summed it all up there. Hacking, or whatever you want to call it is pretty sad now. All the true hackers have moved on, and all you are left with now are the wannabe hackers who basically are just modding old hacks are calling them there own.

Bottom, line, like someone else said above, most of the worse offenders back in the day, are now playing 100% legit, because its a damn sight harder and more fun than hacking ancient game code.