PDA

View Full Version : Just a Warning...

Genoa
Aug 18, 2004, 07:59 PM
Ok, I am going through an unbelievably bad time at the moment. School and all the work they're pileing on me, relationship issues, extra curricular activites, the PSOW Java Chat room, home restrictions, complete bordem (as in nothing to do when i'm done with my work), replies from some people in this site, etc...

So, before anybody replies to my remarks, please remember what i'm going through at the moment. Because I felt like doing alot of Flaming. Infact, I got in some trouble in the chat.

Anyways, yea... not doing to well at the moment... so plz............ thnx in advance.

p.s., I have never chatted before, so when I went on, I didn't really know much of what to do. I didn't know those chat command thingies or all the aliases of stuff. And I got booted.... *wont say who* but I was getting booted for rediculus thing *only one made sense*. I didn't even get a decent warning. I couldn't even stand my ground, b4 I could say what I wanted to say, I was being booted. Infact, the operator was pissin me off so much, I broke my glass in my hand. Luckily only cauzing one wound... this operator wasn't warning me, he flat out booted and threatened me. And he wasn't all that nice either. Infact, I 4 year old probably had better manners. I wouldn't have been so ... conflicting, if he had just been a little more... hmm *remembers when he 1st logged onto chat and it said friendly environment* oh thats it, a little more friendlier. Like the adult he is suppose to be. When it stated reason why he banned me, it was something like: go back to elementary school and fuckin learn something, or some crap like that. Gee, would that make anyone wanna come back??? *that's why i'm not* so thanks, mr. operator, I officially cannot stand your guts, or the psow java chat all-together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-08-18 18:11 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Aug 18, 2004, 08:07 PM
Surfing the Internet is the absolute worst thing you can do when you're on a down.

By the way, your secrets aren't safe when I'm around, caboose. I don't like to get fucked with when I'm happy, so imagine when I'm pissed. Good night!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2004-08-18 18:50 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Aug 18, 2004, 08:14 PM
Oh here, while I'm at it.

[20:54] <Tolar> boot me fat ass
[20:54] <Shurikane> OK! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
[20:55] <Tolar> i never will understand you
[20:56] <Tolar> you know what dince your an ass i can do this all night
[20:56] <Tolar> d
[20:56] <Tolar> dd
[20:56] <Tolar> f
[20:56] <Tolar> dsg
[20:56] <Tolar> df
[20:56] <Tolar> sdaf
[20:56] <Tolar> sad
[20:56] <Tolar> f
[20:56] <Tolar> fsa
[20:56] <Tolar> sdf
[20:56] <Tolar> saf
[20:56] <Tolar> ssd
[20:56] <Tolar> ds
[20:56] <Tolar> sd
[20:56] <Tolar> fsd
[20:56] <Tolar> dsdfsafd
[20:56] <Shurikane> I'm on DSL. Good luck wasting my bandwidth. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

navci
Aug 18, 2004, 08:14 PM
IRC isn't forums, or like any other internet things.
If you don't know what you're getting yourself into, don't come in.

And I agree with Kodi, surfing the net when you are down is just a bad idea.

Genoa
Aug 18, 2004, 08:15 PM
that was you!!!!....... and you are allowed to take my privat messages and spread them as you please? doesn't sound very PRIVATE to me. I can't believe this.

I have never chatted before, so when I went on, I didn't really know much of what to do. I didn't know those chat command thingies or all the aliases of stuff. And I got booted.... *wont say who* but I was getting booted for rediculus thing *only one made sense*. I didn't even get a decent warning. I couldn't even stand my ground, b4 I could say what I wanted to say, I was being booted. Infact, the operator was pissin me off so much, I broke my glass in my hand. Luckily only cauzing one wound... this operator wasn't warning me, he flat out booted and threatened me. And he wasn't all that nice either. Infact, I wouldn't have been so ... conflicting, if he had just been a little more... hmm *remembers when he 1st logged onto chat and it said friendly environment* oh thats it, a little more friendlier. Like the adult he is suppose to be. When it stated reason why he banned me, it was something like: go back to elementary school and fuckin learn something, or some crap like that. Gee, would that make anyone wanna come back??? *that's why i'm not* so thanks, I cannot stand the psow java chat all-together.

And did you imply your going to ban me or something???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-08-18 18:17 ]</font>

Genoa
Aug 18, 2004, 08:24 PM
And how am I suppose to complain about this if I wanted to??? Am I suppose to "Private Message" and "Operator" !!!

I don't feel safe on this site anymore... I can't believe you would exploit my Private Message like that.

You have caught me at a very bad time, and have probably ruined whatever reputation I might have had. I am disguisted at this current event. You have made me feel like an idiot infront of everyone who reads this.

And I have noticed from various replies of yours, your not exactly the nice mod around here. Will I get banned for saying these things? They're just my thoughts and opinions. If this is to be politicall correct, then i'm in the rules aren't I?

This site is one of the only things I have left. If you take that away from me, I will have practically nothing.

KodiaX987
Aug 18, 2004, 08:25 PM
When you plan on using something new, you do your homework. You read the help files, you check out the manual, and if you still can't find your answer, you search on Google or call tech support. Asking for a basic command over IRC proves you didn't do your homework at all and basically take us for your manual. We aren't your mom and dad, and we sure ain't going to take you by the hand and show you every little thing. We get n00bs like you in spades everyday, and we have better things to do than setting up a preschool for chatting.

I might as well just recall the basic Netiquette:

PRIMO: Curse words have no particular target. "Gay" targets a group of people, therefore, forbidden and frowned upon.
SECUNDO: If you had chatted smartly, you wouldn't have gotten kicked in the first place.
TERTIO: Use proper capitals, punctuation, and DROP THE FUCKING SHORTHAND.
QUATTRO: Read the fucking manual. Always, always, ALWAYS read the FUCKING manual. You're a big boy, you can take care of yourself? Show me, 'cause right now I sure as hell don't believe you.

Genoa
Aug 18, 2004, 08:35 PM
On 2004-08-18 18:25, KodiaX987 wrote:
When you plan on using something new, you do your homework. You read the help files, you check out the manual, and if you still can't find your answer, you search on Google or call tech support. Asking for a basic command over IRC proves you didn't do your homework at all and basically take us for your manual. We aren't your mom and dad, and we sure ain't going to take you by the hand and show you every little thing. We get n00bs like you in spades everyday, and we have better things to do than setting up a preschool for chatting.

I might as well just recall the basic Netiquette:

PRIMO: Curse words have no particular target. "Gay" targets a group of people, therefore, forbidden and frowned upon.
SECUNDO: If you had chatted smartly, you wouldn't have gotten kicked in the first place.
TERTIO: Use proper capitals, punctuation, and DROP THE FUCKING SHORTHAND.
QUATTRO: Read the fucking manual. Always, always, ALWAYS read the FUCKING manual. You're a big boy, you can take care of yourself? Show me, 'cause right now I sure as hell don't believe you.

Now hold on, I know I was wrong about the whole doing my homework thing, but the way you responded was not very... *thinks of right word* comfortable. (as most of your replies) I know your not my momy or dady, I screwed up once, you automatically boot me. No warning, That is what i'm argueing about. I didn't act properly, you didn't respond properly. I am sry for what I did and it won't happen again, probably because i'm not going back. I didn't like the environment. And the purpose of this topic was not about the chat, it just happen to influence me a bit more to make this. SO technically, this is against forum rules, you know, changing the subject. And I also like how one of the rules state no excessive cursing, those curse words were being bombarded in that chat room, and you boot me for saying the "g" word.

And yes, I am a noob at the chat, and I guess i'll stay that way. If you didn't know, I don't talk to anybody (that means real life as well) only to my friends. Ask Sef. So when I went to the chat room (because Sef was there) I didn't really know what to do. (and yes, I should have done my homework) , but the way you people (and I mean alot of people... wait, almost everyone) in that room, the way I was being treated was unbelievable to me. I dunno if its in all chat rooms, but it made me not want to come back... so that just proves how "friendly" the psow java chat environment really is.

ABDUR101
Aug 18, 2004, 08:37 PM
Well, I'll sum this all up before I lock it.

If you went into the chat, it has it's own rules just as the site does. I'm not going to speak for anyone in the chat, because I never go there, really don't know what goes on or how it's run, nor do I care as it's not my responsibility.

Everything going on in your life, sorry to hear about, but don't expect everyone else around you to just ignore how they are feeling and to sugar-coat and buffer everything for you. Everyone has shit going on in their life, that itself, is life. Everyone has to deal with it.

Kodia isn't a mod here, you won't get banned for ranting about whatever happened, but whatever happened, both sides will be brought up as ops of the chat channel post and browse the forums. Don't blame someone for showing or explaining what you did, they did'nt make you look like an ass, atleast not anymore than what you are.

Who gives a shit about anyone's image on these forums? If you're worried about your image, I guess you would'nt be doing something to tarnish that image in the first place, right?

In the end, forget about it. It's over, it's done with, and from your first post I'm sure you have more important things to worry about than some image on a PSO forum.