PDA

View Full Version : A few questions on the Ramarl

Evergea
Aug 19, 2004, 12:14 AM
With the arrival of a modem for my GC, I'm drooling at the day PSO+ is arrived. Since I'm planning everything in advance I'm hoping to avoid a few mistakes I did my first time playing V1 on DC.

Namely, the character height. I thought the Hunewearl would be tall, I made her proportions to my liking and dang she was small, ticked me off to no end.

How tall exactly does the default Ramarl stand? Close to the average Humar? That's my goal is an average height.

I'm also wondering how good they are in Cmode and Battle. I hear most people for Cmode, won't play it with a Ramarl and will refuse to help them. Which I find to be a shame.

I'm also curious how common they are. I'd find it interesting if I was on shifta/deband duty when a force wasn't around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Evergea on 2004-08-18 22:16 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Aug 19, 2004, 02:10 AM
On 2004-08-18 22:14, Evergea wrote:
With the arrival of a modem for my GC, I'm drooling at the day PSO+ is arrived. Since I'm planning everything in advance I'm hoping to avoid a few mistakes I did my first time playing V1 on DC.

Namely, the character height. I thought the Hunewearl would be tall, I made her proportions to my liking and dang she was small, ticked me off to no end.

How tall exactly does the default Ramarl stand? Close to the average Humar? That's my goal is an average height.

I'm also wondering how good they are in Cmode and Battle. I hear most people for Cmode, won't play it with a Ramarl and will refuse to help them. Which I find to be a shame.

I'm also curious how common they are. I'd find it interesting if I was on shifta/deband duty when a force wasn't around.

Well, they're kinda short at defualt, but you can fix them up fairly tall, I believe.

In Cmode, RAngers aren't that great. The android ones (especially RAcast) aren't too bad, but RAmarl is not so good at Cmode. Battle mode, I dunno. They are however, quite excellent in normal gameplay, the best RAnger, IMO.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 19, 2004, 04:43 AM
wazzy summed it up pretty good. Definetly the best ranger, ive reached lv 132 with mine and the combonation of lv20 s/d and lv 20 j/z along with decent atp is a winning combo.

And you can change the proportions, so that shouldn't be an issue. And noone really uses ramarls in cmode because there is no point, and you can end up causing a conflict of resources with the force in order to be useful.

Gjl
Aug 19, 2004, 04:45 AM
On 2004-08-19 00:10, Eihwaz wrote:

On 2004-08-18 22:14, Evergea wrote:

Well, they're kinda short at defualt, but you can fix them up fairly tall, I believe.

In Cmode, RAngers aren't that great. The android ones (especially RAcast) aren't too bad, but RAmarl is not so good at Cmode. Battle mode, I dunno. They are however, quite excellent in normal gameplay, the best RAnger, IMO.

Yeah the traps on a RAcast save me from being verbally raped in Japanese while I cmode on Alcyone/6. If you bring a RAmarl (fleshy non-fo class for that matter, barring the HUmar possibly) into a serious cmode game expect to be shown the door promptly. You could always make a blank HUcast or whatever purely for CMode though, which is one of the great things about it. Just don't use youre RAmarl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

RAmarl are best solo and great if you don't have a FO in the team. But that wasn't too often in my experience. Depends where you play actually. If you play on Vega then 95% of the players are HUmars wielding hacked TJ swords that don't even WANT s/d j/z so you are unlikely to find a FO there. But on the legit blocks it's quite rare to have a game without a FO. A legit team of 1 FO, 2 HUs and a RA owns any 4 HUmar hacked TJ mob and is far more fun to play in.

The default character sizes mean nothing. For example the RAcast is set to tallest and fattest (IMO best RAcast) whereas the RAmarl default is tiny. You can have a big fat RAmarl and a midget RAcast if yo wish, it's up to you. Just make sure you edit the default proportions http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Hrith
Aug 19, 2004, 06:20 AM
E1 C-mode is EASY, I beat it with my RAmarl without any problem, follow Gjl's advice only for Ep2 C-mode. ANY char can beat Ep1 C-mode, as long as you're not doing TA but just getting your S-Rank.

And yeah, just make your RAmarl to your liking, mine is average, Blitzkommando's is above average, Astuarlen's is kinda tall, they all look cool.