PDA

View Full Version : GC: For the last time...

Kadavreski
Aug 19, 2004, 03:53 AM
HACKED MAGS DO NOT EFFECT RARE DROPs.

i can confirm this, as me and armok went hunting for a twin brand. i made the game, and i had a hacked mag. Second run, i got my twin brand.

so please, don't feed me all this about "OMFG! WE NO GET RARES NOW!!!!!1!!!"

i'm sorry, i just wanted to let you all know that...and i'm going to get rid of it soon, and hopefully get a chao.

fine, i edited the title. there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mechgun_mike on 2004-08-19 04:57 ]</font>

Giezus
Aug 19, 2004, 04:27 AM
It DOES for PSO+ and PSO-X. But it wouldnt matter to you since your on PSO-GC. Ive also tested it (me being on PSO-X) and it does. So next time get your facts straight...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Giezus on 2004-08-19 02:28 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Aug 19, 2004, 05:12 AM
In addition to what Giezus said, do they just not LOWER the drop and not completely cancel then chance anyway? I don't think 1 hunt is enough data to make a judgement.]

of course if it is meant to completely destroy any chance of a rare drop then yeh you seem ot be right.

Kadavreski
Aug 19, 2004, 05:37 AM
"get my facts straight?"

o.o

well, i found plenty of rares, i don't do runs.

i found, in the space of a week, while trekking through vega:

Visk-whatever
justy-whatever-
diska of braveman and liberator
a twin brand
photon drop
fire scepter~ agni
boomas right arm or whatever

I DON'T CARE ABOUT OTHER SYSTEMS, AS THEY HAVE NO EFFECT ON ME, SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

Giezus
Aug 19, 2004, 06:03 AM
On 2004-08-19 03:12, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
In addition to what Giezus said, do they just not LOWER the drop and not completely cancel then chance anyway? I don't think 1 hunt is enough data to make a judgement.]

of course if it is meant to completely destroy any chance of a rare drop then yeh you seem ot be right.

Srry, I dont quite understand what your saying. Lol. I tested offline doing roughly 10 runs each. With the hacked mag I got a Photon Drop and some Mats and grinders. With a non-hacked mag I found at LEAST 2 Mats and 2 grinders (on each run) and alot of rares including:
-Kaladbolg (x4, easily find in box on F@ Yellowboze)
-Cross Scar (x2)
-Angry Fist
-Storm Wand: Indra
...etc. Actually I stopped after 4 runs when I found all these. So it was ment to LOWER the drop rate to a small (around the .0001 area) % wise. though you still have that small fraction to hold onto.

On 2004-8-19 3:37, mechgun_mike wrote:
I DON'T CARE ABOUT OTHER SYSTEMS, AS THEY HAVE NO EFFECT ON ME, SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

Excuse me for sounding rude. I didnt mean it that way. Its just, with your title "For the last time..." it sounded like you knew everything about the subject, when really you only knew about the GC version. This board is viewed by members of all systems, and if I hadnt said that, Im sure somone else might have said something along those lines. If you had told us that you where talking about GC ver in your post, then I just would have passed it by and went onto a different one. But since you never mentioned it, I just felt I had to correct you.

Once again, I never ment to sound or be mean in any way. I just wanted to "inform" you about PSO-X because your on GC and I thought youve never played the Xbox ver. Again (for the last time), srry about that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Giezus on 2004-08-19 04:05 ]</font>

Kadavreski
Aug 19, 2004, 06:56 AM
well, thanks, but i knew the X-Box verion had problems, but not like that.

still, have you played pso gc?

no? then don't come shouting stuff at me in bloody caps, or i'll do it back.

Ketchup345
Aug 19, 2004, 08:43 AM
On 2004-08-19 04:56, mechgun_mike wrote:
well, thanks, but i knew the X-Box verion had problems, but not like that.

Have you ever played PSO+? That version does affect rare drops. Your findings if you were using PSO-GC (non-plus) mean nothing, as it was already well known the normal PSO for GC does not affect rare drops.

It has been said many times it is only true for PSO+ and PSO-XBox, NOT (normal) PSO-GC.

Kadavreski
Aug 19, 2004, 09:31 AM
i was just saying it last night, as i got kicked out of a game for haveing a hacked/duped mag.

yes, ok, if its been said, i'm sorry.
oh, and the topic label is GC, not xbox, so, i was just saying that, as everyone says it does.

Ketchup345
Aug 19, 2004, 09:39 AM
The game's leader may have been using PSO+, and didn't want to worry about the possibility of reduced drop rates. Or they just don't like playing with unlegits.

And even with the switched title, it is only 1/2 right, especially with PSO+ coming out in the States by the end of the month.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-08-19 07:40 ]</font>

Joshie
Aug 19, 2004, 10:02 AM
On 2004-08-19 01:53, mechgun_mike wrote:
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mechgun_mike on 2004-08-19 04:57 ]</font>

I KNOW!!!!!

Joshie
Aug 19, 2004, 10:03 AM
On 2004-08-19 01:53, mechgun_mike wrote:

I KNOW!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joshie on 2004-08-19 08:04 ]</font>

Giezus
Aug 19, 2004, 10:34 AM
On 2004-08-19 04:56, mechgun_mike wrote:

First off, I have played PSO-GC. Had it for about 4 months, enjoyed it more then Xbox. Just the all the saves and my chars getting curupted every 2 weeks made me go back. Secondly, I didnt "shout" at all in caps. The most I said that prob sounded offensive was "next time get your facts straight". And if Im not mistaken, it was you who shouted in caps with the phrase...

On 2004-8-19 3:37, mechgun_mike wrote:

And good to see you edited the title to include the word GC.

Superguppie
Aug 19, 2004, 11:54 AM
Ok, so this should have been a rant from some poor sucker that got some crap for being a cheater.
There are actualy people that hate playing with cheaters without the no-drop thing going on.
So, if you're a cheater, better get used to ueber legits kicking you out....