PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Old School PSO coming to GC?

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 01:50 AM
Anyone that played with my on DC PSO going to come to the new version? like Cube, glider, ppl like that???

FinalMasterM
Jun 22, 2002, 01:59 AM
I'm coming back, not that many of you care or anything.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 22, 2002, 02:11 AM
I'm sure as hell coming back. I'm not very sure if you've even heard of me before... But I was quite well known in Ophelia 15 back in the day.

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 02:29 AM
I remember you!

Mag_Launcher
Jun 22, 2002, 02:35 AM
Oh, then ok. So, how do you remember me? Saw me somewhere? played me? heard about me?

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 02:43 AM
you where around during the v2 import craze werent u?

Mag_Launcher
Jun 22, 2002, 02:51 AM
Yes I was, I imported around half a month or so after it just came out. Then, I got banned before the american V2 came... Why, you ask? how do you THINK a person gets banned, eh? There's only one reason why people get banned. By the way, I started playing PSO ever since the first version came out in the US. So, therefore, I'm pretty much the ORIGINAL Mag Launcher. I had originality, dammit, not like those "Sephiroth" and "SSJ <insert stupid name here>" types.

FinalMasterM
Jun 22, 2002, 03:07 AM
On 2002-06-22 00:51, Mag_Launcher wrote:
I had originality, dammit, not like those "Sephiroth" and "SSJ <insert stupid name here>" types.

I've always gone by *MasterM myself. Even since I got the internet, I have gone by other names, but nothint like those above.

Also other anime/game names get annoying, its cool if you RP with someone (like a few different SSJ people get together) but going around just looking like a DBZ character is kinda annoying.

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 03:14 AM
i hate anime. i couldnt understand why the hell everyones name was SSJ or Sephiroth or Gohan . i HATED THAT!

FinalMasterM
Jun 22, 2002, 03:30 AM
On 2002-06-22 01:14, Sleet1 wrote:
i hate anime.

Uh-oh *puts up flame barrier*

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 03:42 AM
lol i dont hate anyone that likes anime, i just hate anime. I hate superficial ppl that dont understand other ppls choices, opinions also http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif unless they totally agonize anothers rights...

Spy
Jun 22, 2002, 03:44 AM
Erm... am I old school enough? Oh, who am I kidding. Yes I am. But the fact that I will be playing PSO again would not be considered a good one by many.

*shrug*

Mag_Launcher
Jun 22, 2002, 04:08 AM
I don't hate anime. Hell, I love it, but the thing about the "Sephiroth" and "SSJ" crap is was just used too damn much! I swear, there wouldn't be a single lobby where you would run into "Sephies" and something like "SSJ Bob" or something like that... you know what i mean.

saffaya
Jun 22, 2002, 05:04 AM
Satisfy my curiosity.
Which Anime are 'Sephiroth' and 'SSJ <> ' from ?

Greg
Jun 22, 2002, 05:18 AM
I got PSO on launch so I guess I qualify as "old school" but I really only play with OH people.

FinalMasterM
Jun 22, 2002, 08:17 AM
On 2002-06-22 03:04, saffaya wrote:
Satisfy my curiosity.
Which Anime are 'Sephiroth' and 'SSJ <> ' from ?

Sephiroth is the main villian of Final Fantasy 7 (A video game, not anime) A HUmar with black clothing and the long white hair looks like him to some people. His character in the game carries a long sword around (not the Sword weapons, but think of the Yamigrausa from ver2).

SSJ stands for Super Sayian-jin, thats what Sayians become when their need for power combined with their raging anger exceeds a curtain limit, turning their eyes green and hair a golden color. The anime is DragonBall Z, and I'm sure everyone has seen commircals/the anime of it.

Sedyne
Jun 22, 2002, 09:35 AM
Old School REPRESENT**
Had PSO JPv.1 Day it was released. but couldn't figure out how to set up therfore waiting for US.1 to roll around picked it up that copy and got online.
Then got JP.v2 about 3 days after it's release from japan. and been playing ever since. hopefully i will be able tio import v2 JP as well =). i ordered it but the mod chip is a scarin me. =( i dont' want to break my cube. i will as well get Xbox PSO for gigles to see how it compares to GC version. =) oh well...i sure hope my old friends return such as
Steve II
Serendipity
X-Thirteen
Draekkan
Cube
Castelak
Kasera
Buffy
etc

saffaya
Jun 22, 2002, 10:07 AM
Sephiroth is the main villian of Final Fantasy 7 (A video game, not anime)

no wonder I couldn't see which Anime.

SSJ stands for Super Sayian-jin,

aahhh so that what it stands for ..
I see.

DBZ isn't the brightest representant of anime.
Definitely not one worthy to make a judgement of.

Wren
Jun 22, 2002, 10:27 AM
i shall be playing it at US launch...not JP as i originally planned...my clan of DC players called 'we-hate-GameStop' won't be getting it till US launch...so i don't want to be lonely..and level 200 when they are starting out

ShortWhiteHUmar
Jun 22, 2002, 10:36 AM
I may not have gotten PSO at launch, but I was close, so i consider myself to be old school... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif And I will be getting the GC version, most definitely.

Hulex
Jun 22, 2002, 11:01 AM
I shall return...

Dangerous55
Jun 22, 2002, 12:14 PM
On 2002-06-22 01:14, Sleet1 wrote:
i hate anime.

YES! Someone who agrees with me!

Back to topic, I will be getting it for GC, just dont know when, need money.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 22, 2002, 12:22 PM
I too got PSO for DreamCast on Launch day, But before hand my friend had gotten me a Bootleg version to play offline to get to know that game. So on Launch Day i was already pretty much an expert at the game. I remember taking out some Mechguns and people being amazed by them..... I'm not even going to talk about when people saw my Aspara.

jonny-5
Jun 22, 2002, 12:40 PM
I have played since day one as well so I guess I am as "old-school" as it gets... and I actually did meet Cube before he got so famous and we were (and hopefully still are http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ) good buds http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ... Then I took a vacation from the game after it kiled my social life and when I came back Cube was a mega-star...then he convinced my to get v2 and after v2 I took another break and here I am waiting for the Gamecube version with another good friend I met named Cloud II who many people might know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jonny-5 on 2002-06-22 10:42 ]</font>

amoralist
Jun 22, 2002, 12:51 PM
I'm coming back, not that any of you noticed me in the beginning.

jOSEPH HUmar
sTRIFER hIEN RAmar
Kyoko Nazaki HUnewearl
Adri@n FOmarl
Ser@pe FOnewm
Majush FOnewearl

My DC broke down so I had to buy a new one and create new characters and couldn't get online anymore not that any of you found a solution to fixing my old DC.

(Awkward silence begins.)
(1000 furballs roll by.)

jonny-5
Jun 22, 2002, 12:58 PM
anyone remember a guy name hamburgler? I used to hang out with him and a couple other people all the time in v1 and I haven't seen them since :

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 01:18 PM
I also bought PSO from day one so I consider my self Old School too. Though I doubt anyone here has played with me, I only play with people of my clan anyway. But yes I'm getting all future versions of PSO and I just can't wait >__<

Melkore
Jun 22, 2002, 02:35 PM
I got it at launch to and was online the next day so I guess i count as old school too,but I seriously doubt anyone here has ever seen me or played a game with me,I was the quiet...constant resta casting type...so how about it? anyone remember these characters?

Zeke HUcast Whitill secret purple/dark blue color

Melkor FOnewm Yellowboze black and yellow....irritating

I doubt anyone does,but if you do let me know.

divine_grind420
Jun 22, 2002, 03:22 PM
i have been Sephiroth since day one when my buddy in Japan sent me a copy a couple days after its release. As for the ssj's, i see too many of them, and i agree, DBZ is not the best representative of anime. even though i am a fan:) Gundam Wing still owns all:):):):) on toonami neway

trunkszero
Jun 22, 2002, 04:53 PM
i will be back for gcn as long as its free or still 5$ a month

jello44
Jun 22, 2002, 05:00 PM
I'll be back and you can take that to the bank. I've been playing PSO since like Feburary, and really haven't stopped since.

John_Doe_III
Jun 22, 2002, 05:50 PM
I was there when pso started and i'm going to be there when it starts on the GC.

Sedric
Jun 22, 2002, 06:08 PM
I got the US v1 about few weeks after its launch, so I hope I qualify as old school. And yes, I too will be there for GC.

Zio
Jun 22, 2002, 06:14 PM
I played v1 since launch date, then imported v2, so yeah ill be back. I think there was only a couple Zio's walking around on PSO, so if you saw one it was probably me.

Belamar
Jun 22, 2002, 07:06 PM
I'm coming up.
Old veteran here since version 1 and still plays his ver.2 online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Megaboy
Jun 22, 2002, 09:54 PM
wasnt here for ver1 or 2 but i will be there for GC and if you dont see me..... im dead @____@

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 10:57 PM
wheres Buffy? and Shootie?? Dangergirl!? what about that one chick that would act like a cat all the time??

Shotie
Jun 23, 2002, 02:41 AM
I'll be "coming back", but the thing is, I never really left it in the first place.

But I can't wait for PSO GC, lemme tell you! XD

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 02:49 AM
are you importing shotie? i really hope so. i am becuase i know that they will just keep on pushing the US release date back and back and back. and back and back some more. I cant wait until Aug 8. Will it be Pay to Play?? i REALLY dont want to have to set up a dricas account again...

jonny-5
Jun 23, 2002, 02:54 AM
ya i hope someone makes signing up for a dricas account as easy (if you call it easy) as last time... hopefully we wont have to read japanese to get going in signing up...plus I hope all goes well with getting online because if it doesn't then I am screwed out of 250 bucks!

FinalMasterM
Jun 23, 2002, 02:55 AM
On 2002-06-22 20:57, Sleet1 wrote:
what about that one chick that would act like a cat all the time??

BaruBanana (killed her former self TSFO-Snapple)

Darrin
Jun 23, 2002, 06:54 AM
Im comin back for GCN

GhoStar
Jun 23, 2002, 09:47 AM
What about Glider?

He used to post all the time but left not that long into import V2 and I don't think he even posts in Off-Topic.

Also Kasera, she was posting a few months back, or has she just changed he UN?

Vitamin_D
Jun 23, 2002, 01:53 PM
Ha ha ha...

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 04:42 PM
hello Barubanana.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 24, 2002, 08:42 PM
you can put me on the list too...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 24, 2002, 09:04 PM
I'm trying my best to come back. I've been on PSO since two months after the American Release, I don't know if ya'll consider that old skool.

RuiN
Jun 24, 2002, 10:00 PM
Hehe, I'll be back... Time to pick up my old white HUmar armor again.

PS: I used to frequent these boards way back when. My old alias was T H a I.. not many of you remmber me probably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuiN on 2002-06-24 20:02 ]</font>

Yosho
Jun 24, 2002, 10:24 PM
I've never played with you but I'll be importing soon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

donkeybeatz
Jun 24, 2002, 11:16 PM
i just got a gamecube!
i'll be back yo!
SPOON!!!

electric boogaloo!!
--d-_-b Dj Donkey

Sleet1
Jun 25, 2002, 12:17 AM
Dj_DONK3Y~!!! Hiya, i remember you you were funny. well this is probably my last post here becuase i *gasp* didnt backdown to the mods * WHA NA NA!!!* so hope to see you at Shotie.com's message board or on PSO GC Import!

OwenHimura
Jun 25, 2002, 01:17 AM
oh course i am i didnt train offlin in V1 to lvl 100 for nothing and i am definate ol school i cant wait.you may not know me but i will return

VanishingHero
Jun 25, 2002, 08:53 AM
I'll be there, where is Glider any way? pfft, i have a score in ba mode to settle with him, we tied >.<, annny way Many ppl remember me. see ya there Sleet1 ive played with u b4 on ur char sista sleet u forced me to do battle rule 1 when i was lvl 4 and u were 68 that was really fair =P

emmanuel1
Jun 25, 2002, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone, and yes i will be in the gamecube too i dont know if enyone remeber me but in DC PSO i was a HUmar named EMMANUEL and RAcast named DESTROYER PR.

GhoStar
Jun 25, 2002, 08:49 PM
What about Castelak?

He's still mentioned as a mod and he posted some news not that long ago. Has he just left the forum, or is he not coming back to PSO?

Sleet1
Jun 25, 2002, 10:08 PM
On 2002-06-25 06:53, VanishingHero wrote:
I'll be there, where is Glider any way? pfft, i have a score in ba mode to settle with him, we tied >.<, annny way Many ppl remember me. see ya there Sleet1 ive played with u b4 on ur char sista sleet u forced me to do battle rule 1 when i was lvl 4 and u were 68 that was really fair =P

hahaha i was so tired of my little Hunewearl getting her ask kicked i couldnt help making you! lol my force will kill you just as fast. are you importing?

VariantXL
Jun 25, 2002, 10:20 PM
SaintSword must return for GC pso.... i figure if i can survive dc v1 and v2 that what ever GC brings probaly wont be as bad.

VanishingHero
Jun 26, 2002, 09:37 AM
hell yea im importing. I'll beat you don't worry =P i was previously the battlemania champ =)

Cube
Jun 26, 2002, 12:53 PM
Oh hell ya..

Cube will be back Aug 8th without a doubt...

Sleet! I HOPE you import! Remember when you made that brand new force and i kept whomping that little guy in the forest in battle lol, that was a blast hehe, you MUST import, the Cube is very affordable.. We would kick ass together in GC PSO..

Johnny, I cant wait to start playin with you again man, you've been by my side even before I came to PSOW... and you are the only one here who knows of Cube's true past tehehe...

Cloud, Johnny, Sed, Wata, Queen, Ramirez, and more... I know you are hopefully importing, but does anyone know about...

Serendipity? What Happened to him?
Castelek? O_o

As for Glider, he's gone for good. I ate him.

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 01:00 PM
On 2002-06-26 10:53, Cube wrote:
Serendipity? What Happened to him?

Serendipity flipped out and killed the whole town.

Actually, he was banned from here for flaming and then fired from Omega Hour some time later for other issues. No idea how you'd contact him now or if he's importing.

Cube
Jun 26, 2002, 02:10 PM
Ya, I know he was banned from here (he had a nice little... misunderstanding with you...)

And from what I heard he banned himself from Omega Hour... Havent seen him on AIM for months..

Maybe Greg would know of his whereabouts?

Sleet1
Jun 26, 2002, 02:20 PM
Wel if my mom would buy me a GC i could import, BUT she doesnt want another game console...So ill tell her to give me 200 dollars and ill buy it myself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif O and im making another force Cube. This time my Megid will kick your ass. ASS! Fomar will rule all!

PlatinumGame
Jun 26, 2002, 03:37 PM
On 2002-06-26 12:10, Cube wrote:
Ya, I know he was banned from here (he had a nice little... misunderstanding with you...)

And from what I heard he banned himself from Omega Hour... Havent seen him on AIM for months..

Maybe Greg would know of his whereabouts?

That is confidential information.

Cube
Jun 26, 2002, 04:18 PM
Heh, Sleet my first chars are gona be..

HUcast, FOMar, and (FOnewm or RAmarl) debating on the last one.

THe CuBe DynAsTy LiVes!

Sleet1
Jun 26, 2002, 04:42 PM
FOmar,HUcaseal or HUcast, RAmarl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I am not giving up with my mom....i wil have a GC.

Souljah
Jun 26, 2002, 06:26 PM
Ill be importing. Just waiting for colorconsoles to offer solid colors so i can have i send ma cube in for modding and a new paint job.