PDA

View Full Version : Force only spells?

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 02:46 AM
Did they ever think of this for Forces? i mean all the hunters/rangers get new weapons and we get more damagin spells... our weapons are almost useless....and spells only forces could get would be SWEET..there i go dayreaming again!

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 03:20 AM
bump

FinalMasterM
Jun 22, 2002, 03:26 AM
Dude you just made the thread and you bumped it!? (notes that post will probably get deleted)

Anyway, forces (from all I can gather) do tons of damage later on in GC PSO and weapons will probably do damage based on MST (which is how they should of been done in the first place)

Same goes for RAngers, guns should be based on ATA rather than ATP.

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 03:44 AM
hehe im trying to get my post count to 1k http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif thats why i bumped. :: SHHHHH:::

TeamPhalanx
Jun 22, 2002, 10:51 AM
They should just increase the power of Ra techs and make them FO only (cept maybe HUnewearl, they are Newman after all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

In the classic rpg sense, you don't have a magic user on the team to use physical attacks. To equal the HUnters, 5 Ra (max level) techs (casted by FOnewearl) should be enough to take out most enemies in the most difficult area.

Malkavian
Jun 22, 2002, 11:12 AM
I think grants and megid are force only

TeamPhalanx
Jun 22, 2002, 11:17 AM
Yes... and we all know they do wonders in ult ruins http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 11:34 AM
I'd just wish they'd make more spells! They keep making weapons, why not spells? Like pioson, confuse, maybe even shrink lol. That'd be awesome, it'd give it a more RPG feel.

Darrin
Jun 22, 2002, 12:09 PM
I think FOmars can use all techniques and has tons of MST. I heard they level up fast.

Melkore
Jun 22, 2002, 03:06 PM
I agree with the new spell aproach....I WANT POISON SPELLS...... I hate bugs =|

Sleet1
Jun 22, 2002, 03:41 PM
well fomars ARE forces so they would use all techs. Some of you sound like you havent played PSo before... If your char is able to use Spells, they can use ALL spells. So Megid and Grant is not Force only. They did make Higher level spells ONLY for forces but still, i want force only spells to give me a real hey forces are kewl!! I mean someone can make a Hunewearl and BAM, you have a caster/fighter... I want a FOmar sooo bad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif they are human types so they probably can do SOME damage with weapons while still bieng able to cast like hell. My way to level up fast with my Fomar is to get ANY AOE spells and cast them as soon as i get into the room. Then i get exp for every single monster legit:)

watashiwa
Jun 22, 2002, 04:33 PM
Right.

Wow, Sleet, you sure are the topic whore today.

Xerin
Jun 22, 2002, 04:39 PM
wata, quick to the nerf cave!!!!!!

I have a secret weapon that will destroy llama's!!!! YOU SHOULD USE IT SOON

http://www.ragnaroksource.com/images/nerfbomb.jpg

Go wata, use it carefully

Mindshare
Jun 22, 2002, 06:29 PM
Although you may want new spells, you've got to bear in mind that a large proportion of people who play GC/Xbox PSO are going to be first timers. The Dreamcast had a relatively small user base and many next-gen console owners won't be familiar with the game at all, so everything will be new to them.

While Sonic Team have created a few extra stages,weapons etc to satisfy previous PSO players, this is still largely a port of the game to other platforms in the same way that games like Quake get released on different formats. However, in the case of the latter, no-one expects loads of new stuff - just a straightforward copy. I think we're pretty lucky that they have done as much as they have. PSO 2 will be the real sequel.

M.

Belamar
Jun 23, 2002, 04:28 AM
If there would be Force only spells, they should have the spells from PS4 on the genesis (remember not the techniques but spells which would be in the skills menu for most of the main magic users). Bring stuff back like Hewn, Tandle, Astral all them cool looking PS4 spells.

They should have some tag team attacks for PSO that'd be cool (maybe I'm just daydreaming LoL).

blitzer03
Jun 23, 2002, 05:32 AM
Rubesahl I agree with you, they should make MORE spells, its just better then the same ol' spells!

BrokenHope
Jun 23, 2002, 06:05 AM
On 2002-06-22 13:41, Sleet1 wrote:
well fomars ARE forces so they would use all techs. Some of you sound like you havent played PSo before... If your char is able to use Spells, they can use ALL spells. So Megid and Grant is not Force only.

No longer the case in episode 1 and 2 sonic team have altered tech distribution megid and grants and reverser do seem to have become force only, HUmar doesn't get shifta or deband. Not sure on the other classes and there tech limits.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 23, 2002, 10:11 AM
I'm gonna be pretty pissed if RAmar/RAmarl (both HUman) get more techs or MST than HUnewearl (Newman)

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 02:02 PM
They have!?? keewl thats what i was shooting for! Reverser is Ressurect right?? i forget, and megid and grants for force only would be so tight. OOO im happy!! WOOT!!

Kent
Jun 24, 2002, 04:49 PM
I'd like to see forces get a paralyze technique (like Rimit from PSIV).

Sleet1
Jun 24, 2002, 05:25 PM
well if your ZOnde spells are high enough you can paralyze people. and the Barta spells can freeze them too

VariantXL
Jun 24, 2002, 05:54 PM
more techs are needed. As of now theres still no way u can poison the monsters... it would help tremendously in ult...

Sleet1
Jun 24, 2002, 05:59 PM
they need a website for input from the players, so they can make downloadable things...it would really help. i have no idea why they dont/didnt do that.

VariantXL
Jun 24, 2002, 06:06 PM
Of course they would only be able to do that on the xbox version.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 24, 2002, 06:15 PM
Megid and Grants aren't that useful in Ultimate mode. Status abnormality would do much either. Paralysis would be WAY too cheap and poison be useless since enemies have high hp. If anything, they need to give androids more traps.

If you look at other rpgs, both single player and mmo, magic does a lot of damage. In a lot of rpg games, magic is weak to start, but becomes more powerful than physical attacks. PSO isn't like this, and it really fails to balance things out.

Sleet1
Jun 24, 2002, 07:41 PM
i agree to a point that hunters/ranger must find good weapons to do a lot of damage whereas forces can get spells a little easier than finding those uber weapons. or something..

VariantXL
Jun 24, 2002, 08:20 PM
pso is real unfair to forces.... its seems the only thing they can do is cast lvl 30 S/D on hunters and rangers and J/Z on the monsters but they cant mount a decent magic attack against the monsters so they too end up lookin for rare sabers since physical attacks are the only thing that work in ult. Theyll probaly use their techs in hopes of freezing/paralyzing them since theres not much damage to be done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VariantXL on 2002-06-24 18:23 ]</font>