PDA

View Full Version : How to download quests in Ep1&2, so that they are available

ghost_zero
Aug 20, 2004, 06:41 AM
Hi,

I want to ask how exactly I am able to download online quests, so that I can play those quests in offline singleplayer, I mean there is this download quest option in singleplay, but if I go there I get the message "No Data".

One other thing, is it possible to also download Ep2 Challenge-Mode, so that you can play it offline too?

Or did I misunderstand something with "Download Quest"?

Thanks in advance for your help...

darthsaber9x9
Aug 20, 2004, 06:44 AM
1. st are just lazy and

2. no

ghost_zero
Aug 20, 2004, 06:53 AM
with just lazy you mean what?

I also looked in the guides - if you mean this, but did not find the right guides for downloading quests in Ep1&2 only for Ep3...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2004-08-20 04:55 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Aug 20, 2004, 06:58 AM
lazy as in they just didn't put any quests up. It was the same thing on the DC. I resorted to downloading some cool japanese quests

SLON
Aug 20, 2004, 06:59 AM
The download quest option is an old Dreamcast function that is still there but has not been used on the Gamecube, it has just about made it onto X Box (old Dreamcast quest Central Fire).
You cannot download C Mode.

ghost_zero
Aug 20, 2004, 06:59 AM
so if I understand right, you are not able to download any quests... right?

You can only play all things online as long as you have a hunter license?

The only possibility to get more quests offline is if you buy PSO Plus when it is available in Europe in my case...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2004-08-20 05:03 ]</font>

ghost_zero
Aug 20, 2004, 07:05 AM
@darthsaber9x9:

do you mean in DC days you were able to download Japenese quests somehow?

Or for Gamecube?

If you managed to download Japanese quests for Gamecube how did you do this?

SLON
Aug 20, 2004, 07:06 AM
There are no quests available for download at the moment on GC. Maybe in the future, but I doubt it, as Sega struggles to make new on-line quests!

darthsaber9x9
Aug 20, 2004, 07:07 AM
On 2004-08-20 05:05, ghost_zero wrote:
@darthsaber9x9:

do you mean in DC days you were able to download Japenese quests somehow?

Or for Gamecube?

If you managed to download Japanese quests for Gamecube how did you do this?

yeah on dc. i think it was using the dc browser from a site.

Ketchup345
Aug 20, 2004, 07:26 AM
There are download quests availible. You just have to unlock them.

You have to complete this quest (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2001).

The download quests are Episode 3 quests, and as far as I know, are not downloadable by the normal way. Each quest takes up about 3 memory blocks.

Saiffy
Aug 20, 2004, 01:13 PM
I believe there is also a bug on the episode 1 and 2 disc that makes it impossible to download quests. Correct me if I'm wrong though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

ghost_zero
Aug 20, 2004, 03:34 PM
I don't know... although I also would like to download quests... but anyway... if it is not possible for Ep1&2, it is not possible for Ep1&2

@Ketchup345:
I am talking here about downloading Ep1&2 quests, what you are talking about is about Ep3 quests, I already knew about these two quests... and downloaded both today...
Although I need to say that this is a bit strange, you need to do a Ep1&Ep2 quest to be able to get Ep3 quests for download. I think that is a bit stupid, especiall if you think that there might also be people that own Ep3 but not Ep1&2, so they would need to buy Ep1&2 for those quests. And because they are probably not really informed or can't wait because they only use there free 30 days or there last bought Hunters License will run out of time soon or whatever reason... they then won't wait for PSO Plus and buy the current PSO and then if they find out that is a great game, they probably will also buy PSO Plus then...
But thanks anyway that you tried to help me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2004-08-20 13:40 ]</font>