PDA

View Full Version : Online for Gc. Pso.

Bahamut
Jun 22, 2002, 11:02 AM
From what i was told. sonic team is gonna seperate the US servers from everyone else. That means no plays with the japanese or europeans. The reason i was told, was it was because we cheat way to much, so now there gonna seperate the cheaters (us) and the legit (everyone else).
Another thing i heard was that sonic team was gonna make so that we have two characters, one offline and the other for online play. The offline char will not be able to go online, and the online char will not be able to go offline.
Now not these all rumors i've heard and cannot back them up with any evidance. Who knows, maybe its all bs, or maybe not. And if im wrong, im wrong. I could care less either way.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 22, 2002, 11:08 AM
It's safe to say that they won't make an online/offline character. It'd be pretty dumb to do that.

Since I'm importing, I wouldn't object too much to separate servers... but, it ain't gonna happen.

For the most part, GC PSO is gonna be a lot like DC PSO.

BaronLaw
Jun 22, 2002, 11:30 AM
Separating cheaters would be a wonderful addition to the game, but separating players according to some territorial criteria would undermine the world wide gaming that PSO represents.
This is most likely a rumor.

BaronLaw

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 11:41 AM
They SHOULD separate cheaters, make them their own server and have them slect if they want to cheat or not lol Though I think they'd still say they're not just to cause havoc to legit players http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Otherwise I don't think it'd be right to separate players by region. And the character online and one offline is really dumb....;

Parn
Jun 22, 2002, 11:51 AM
I could care less either way.

You mean you /COULDN'T/ care less. People in general seem to make this mistake a lot.

As for hosting a server that caters to cheaters, that's rather unlikely. While some people mod their weaponry for their own personal benefit, the rest cheat to give other's grief. They're going to want to be on the legitimate servers because they WANT the attention. It's the reason why people FSOD, PK, etc. Said people are evil, they enjoy making others miserable, and they're going to do whatever it takes to get on the standard servers.

Locking out US and Japanese players sort of defeats the purpose of Word Select, no? Trust me, all the servers will be linked like before.

Parn
Jun 22, 2002, 11:59 AM
On 2002-06-22 09:41, Rubesahl wrote:
And the character online and one offline is really dumb....;

Not really. Most online games are completely based ONLINE. Diablo II is an exception much like PSO is, but the online characters are seperate from the ones you play offline, specifically to stop cheating as much as possible.

I don't see anything stupid about this concept at all. People whine and complain about cheating, but then they don't want Sonic Team to take the measures necessary TO stop cheating. So long as offline mode exists, cheating is impossible to stop. You can't patch an offline mode.

Version 2 would have never gone out of control if offline mode didn't exist. Remember, in the initial stages of version 2, Sonic Team kept up with the GSCCC's codes consistently, up until the item mod code came about. It's obvious that Sonic Team gave up on that struggle, because there's no way you can stop cheaters offline. All people had to do was mod their items offline, then go online with them. *shrug*

This is pretty much what will happen with this edition of PSO, once an item mod code comes about. It'll be the same ol' thing all over again.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 22, 2002, 12:02 PM
Well, I guess someone here has a PhD in Writing..

I could care less = It doesn't concern me that much, but still does to some degree. I'm undecided.

I couldn't care less = I'm at the low end of caring. I don't give a damn.

Parn
Jun 22, 2002, 12:04 PM
It sure is cold in here. Brrrrrr!

Darrin
Jun 22, 2002, 12:04 PM
Where did you hear this from?

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 12:07 PM
Good point. I agree it's not that dumb. But then I think that sometimes I'd like to play the game offline because my Hunter's License expired and that drives me nuts. I know I'd preffer playing cheater free but I don't know how much I'd miss offline. Hhhhm... You know wha would be good? That you'd have to connect to use the offline game and have it's patches applied. You'd be playing online in a way but only with yourself so they can prevent you drom doing anything. That would be a good solution though it's not probable to happen. Otherwise I change my mind, I preffer any way to stop cheaters so the idea isn't that bad but you'd loose offline... hhhm...

Parn
Jun 22, 2002, 12:14 PM
Well, the idea of transfering a character after running it through a filter is interesting, but you still have the problem of identifying exactly what items are cheated. When playing online with cheat codes and such, that's technically already being done anyways... if you have an illegal item, it boots you offline. Because there's no way to distinguish a real item from a modified one, there's just no feasible way to create a filter.

It all comes down to Sonic Team stopping the griefing codes, for me. So long as PKing, FSOD, and so forth never comes about in full force, I'll be just fine. I'm sure most of us share that same feeling.

Parn
Jun 22, 2002, 12:39 PM
On 2002-06-22 10:02, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Well, I guess someone here has a PhD in Writing..

I could care less = It doesn't concern me that much, but still does to some degree. I'm undecided.

I couldn't care less = I'm at the low end of caring. I don't give a damn.

Actually, I think I'll address this after all, since I'm wasting time here at the moment. I need to get a few more cheapshots in, since I've made it obvious plenty of times that I don't like you a great deal.

Read the end of Bahamut's post. Then apply your "definitions" to the statement. You ARE familiar with the concept of paraphrasing, yes?

Here, I'll do it for you, since otherwise you'll just shrug it off, and this way I can further demean you. We'll replace the last statement with what you think he meant.

"Now not these all rumors i've heard and cannot back them up with any evidance. Who knows, maybe its all bs, or maybe not. And if im wrong, im wrong. It doesn't concern me that much, but still does to some degree. I'm undecided."

Now, that seems to show a bit of contrast. Typically when people make the statement, "maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong" they tend to follow that with, "I don't care." Or perhaps, "I don't give a damn either way." They don't end it with "I sort of care either way."

Saying "I could care less" at the end of a statement when the implied meaning is that they don't care, is like someone who's angry at you saying "I'm NOT going to kill you!" That's just silly.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 22, 2002, 01:16 PM
The way i see it. This can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing.

GOOD thing: the people importing would be seperated from the MAJORITY of cheaters. Who's to say the cheaters wont import.

BAD Thing: If you have friends who wont import you wont be able to play with them online.

Thats the way I basically see it.

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 01:23 PM
On 2002-06-22 10:14, Parn wrote:
Well, the idea of transfering a character after running it through a filter is interesting, but you still have the problem of identifying exactly what items are cheated. When playing online with cheat codes and such, that's technically already being done anyways... if you have an illegal item, it boots you offline. Because there's no way to distinguish a real item from a modified one, there's just no feasible way to create a filter.

It all comes down to Sonic Team stopping the griefing codes, for me. So long as PKing, FSOD, and so forth never comes about in full force, I'll be just fine. I'm sure most of us share that same feeling.

True, because people duping and stuff doesn't annoy me, what does annoy me is when they PK and do anything that may affect your character. If they could find a way to stop that, it would be much better.

Ziggy-san
Jun 22, 2002, 01:47 PM
Aaa, I think ST's intention was that we switch our characters between Online and Offline modes. To suddenly change the whole concept of the game...aaa...ST's just not like that, I don't think o.0

Wewt
Jun 22, 2002, 02:08 PM
On 2002-06-22 11:23, Rubesahl wrote:
True, because people duping and stuff doesn't annoy me, what does annoy me is when they PK and do anything that may affect your character. If they could find a way to stop that, it would be much better.

I'd have to disagree...it's easier for someone to avoid such harmful cheat codes than to avoid an idiot that comes in a game that kills all the enemies with their overpowered hacked weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WWWWWWWWWWWW on 2002-06-22 12:28 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Jun 22, 2002, 02:15 PM
That's true... Speaking of which, I'm wondering, how many of you that complain about cheating have a 180% weapon in you bank? o.o

LSOD and other nuisances may still be possible for GC PSO, but if you really like the game, odds are you'll put up with it.

Wewt
Jun 22, 2002, 02:28 PM
LSOD? Haven't heard of that term...

Riel
Jun 22, 2002, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry but i won't live with Lobby Screen Of Death..there's a lot of dumb skits going on already,like PK'ing and duping with 180% attributes on spread needles,but i can live with that,yes..but not LSOD..this is the most stupid,useless garbage someone can do...you can't even enter a game when the morons do this....imagine battlenet if you couldn't even go in the lobby to start your game....if Sega doesn't fix this so it can't happen on the Cube,Xbox whatever version of PSO the game will fail miserably and so will most online console games.This garbage came into effect fairly late on the DC version,that's why it didn't bother to many people..if it starts after the second week of episode 1 and 2,people will scream their heads off,with reason,and Sega knows this and i hope they can prevent this from happening.Or implement something like this,taken from Blizzard's site about battlenet and c heaters:

Diablo II Hackers - 6/21/2002
There has been an ongoing problem with a few players using hacks while playing Diablo II closed Battle.net games. In order to provide quality gameplay for everyone, players found using hacks will now find that their ability to join open games has been restricted.

This new measure will prevent players with a history of using hacks from joining open, non-passworded games on Battle.net. The only games these players will now be able to join will be games with other players identified using hack programs. This modification will affect all accounts associated with the CD-Key that has been identified utilizing hack programs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Riel on 2002-06-22 12:47 ]</font>

Wewt
Jun 22, 2002, 02:53 PM
Ah the ol' lobby FSOD...that's done by using 2 simple codes...those codes are very basic codes which will almost guaranteed to be made. I know for a fact every little glitch that was exploited in DC PSO will be tried out in GC version. So if codes do come out people will try to use those old "methods" to mess up another person's peace and quiet on a game.

I know what I said was obvious to some...but I wanted to say it anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TeamPhalanx
Jun 22, 2002, 02:58 PM
LSOD doesn't bother me. Heck, it's a nice way to avoid having to carry 999999 meseta all the time.

Wewt
Jun 22, 2002, 03:09 PM
It bothers me...it means I have to get off my lazy PSO playing ass and go reboot the game.

BaronLaw
Jun 23, 2002, 12:27 AM
Item creation codes are the most harmful, from a structural perspective. The PSO universe as a whole is corrupted by the inflation of items that have no legitimacy in the first instance.

BaronLaw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-06-22 22:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-06-22 22:29 ]</font>

Alisha
Jun 23, 2002, 01:12 AM
heh i disagree with what baron law but... i think i know a way to stop offline duping and modding simply make rares unfindable offline and no offline trading make quest items have locked in %'s and have the server check your invo and bank everytime you log on if something doesnt match up from the last time you selected quit game in offline mode said items get deleted

Aceleonhart
Jun 23, 2002, 01:27 AM
On 2002-06-22 23:12, Alisha wrote:
heh i disagree with what baron law but... i think i know a way to stop offline duping and modding simply make rares unfindable offline and no offline trading make quest items have locked in %'s and have the server check your invo and bank everytime you log on if something doesnt match up from the last time you selected quit game in offline mode said items get deleted

I think the reason ppl dupe and use item mod codes in the first place is because items are "unfindable" offline and online. Personally, i think either nintendo or sega should try and block the sale of cheat devices by taking the ppl to court.

jonny-5
Jun 23, 2002, 02:43 AM
wait where exactlt did you hear thisa rumor from? If true, does this mean that the importers will not be able to play online at all or just not with US people?

jello44
Jun 23, 2002, 05:13 PM
from what I have seen, rares are easily findable. I mean, someone found a SPread Needle in the Forest! This is why people cheated in the first places, it was rediculous. I know I got tired of it, so I had some weapons made, so I could at least enjoy myself, I mean for me, it did get kinda boring carrying aa Imperial Pick, but for some people it didn't.

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 05:44 PM
I think that Dupes are just as bad as FSOD, PK blah blah becuase part of the fun in the game was to trade and need other people.. BUT also it was really hard for me to find an imperial pick...and when i finally found it it sucked because it wasnt really my "level". I admit to having a few hakced items but who hasnt really. Sooo i think if they can find a way to make all cheats stoped (in my dreams) then they should make items easier to find. And make One Time Droped weapons.. Like you go into forest, fight a miniboss and then you get a Semi kewl weapon that only drops for you once. i like that idea..

Shotie
Jun 23, 2002, 07:00 PM
On 2002-06-23 15:44, Sleet1 wrote:
I think that Dupes are just as bad as FSOD, PK blah blah becuase part of the fun in the game was to trade and need other people..
I don't think dupes or item mods are that harmful. In fact, they may even actually HELP reduce the amount of PKing and flat out stealing that would go on otherwise. Think for a minute: If the ONLY ways to get rares are to trade or find them, all the assholes are gonna crawl out of their holes in the walls and come PK people so they don't have to lose anything they like to get the weapon/item they want.

At least if those people can make their own items, it cuts down on stealing from legit people.

BUT also it was really hard for me to find an imperial pick...
...and that's why people dupe/create. The rare system was just so screwed up. Im not saying rares should be common, but for fuck's sake, if you've played 200+ hours, you should've found at least SOMETHING. But that wasn't always the case, hence, the hacking.

I admit to having a few hakced items but who hasnt really.
....So, duping is as bad as NOLing and PKing, but you admit to owning hacks? lmao

And make One Time Droped weapons.. Like you go into forest, fight a miniboss and then you get a Semi kewl weapon that only drops for you once. i like that idea..

That has bad idea written all over it, especially in the world of Lag and random disconnects, and frozen screens of death that wipe your inventory. Unless there is a better way to save your progress, then this is a bad bad idea.

What if someone steals your one time only weapon? What if the server d/c's you and you lose it?

Anyway, ideally the only allowable cheating would be offline, and no cheats of any kind would be allowed online (hacked items would have to remain banked, legit stats or not), but I doubt that'll happen.

Just avoid bad cheaters, and enjoy the game. Cause bitching about cheating sure as hell isn't gonna make it go away.

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 07:08 PM
i guess i have to agree lol. but i think one time drops are good ideas, becuase if you lose it o well you can probably get another from a higher level that doesnt need it anymore. Also, if they DID have one time drops they should have them spread out around the levels, so you can almost always have a legit, Useable item that doesnt toally suck..

rena-ko
Jun 28, 2002, 10:06 AM
well the one-time-weapon-drop-monsters could also look if you allready have the weapon in your inventory or bank - so you can get it again if you lost it...
yeah, you could also give it away online and get a new one by the same boss again, true, but ... *shrugs*

HEP2O
Jun 28, 2002, 11:53 PM
pso is about interaction seperate servers no way

how can u seprate cheats from noncheats?,tell them 2 log on 2 the cheat server! allso no way

seperate offline/online saves, have u bben lisening 2 the pso rumour mill again>no way

its like the "56k dont work on gc pso rumour"
a load of bs

did we come to this place before >everybody?