PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: PSOBB

el_mattso
Aug 20, 2004, 12:41 PM
Where can I get the beta version of PSOBB?

VioletSkye
Aug 20, 2004, 12:59 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82963&forum=1&501

Para
Aug 20, 2004, 05:16 PM
Beta ended long time. PSO BB is retail now.

el_mattso
Aug 20, 2004, 07:13 PM
But only in japan, right?

Dhylec
Aug 20, 2004, 07:26 PM
currently, it's japan only
but non-jp residents can play too if you read the guides & stickies

el_mattso
Aug 20, 2004, 07:32 PM
But what about demos? Is there any english version of any demos? Does demos even exist?

Arislan
Aug 20, 2004, 07:39 PM
No, there is NO English version of Blue Burst. The retail version has a 15 day trial available, simply download, register an ID, and play.

el_mattso
Aug 20, 2004, 07:47 PM
When will it be released in europe? Next year?

Eanae
Aug 20, 2004, 07:53 PM
On 2004-08-20 17:47, el_mattso wrote:
When will it be released in europe? Next year?

It most likely wont be relased outside japan...

el_mattso
Aug 20, 2004, 08:11 PM
I have to get this clear. Is PSOBB just a client? So you are just paying for the license, not for the game itself. Am I right?

Arislan
Aug 20, 2004, 08:57 PM
Correct. The game is free to download, you just pay for the Hunters License to play.

el_mattso
Aug 21, 2004, 02:44 AM
Ok. But what about a english-language patch?
Or something like that?

Arislan
Aug 21, 2004, 03:49 AM
::quotes his above post::

No, there is NO English version of Blue Burst. The retail version has a 15 day trial available, simply download, register an ID, and play.

That means, NO patch, NO version, nothing. All Japanese.

el_mattso
Aug 21, 2004, 05:50 AM
I've heard that on some posts that it isn't any japanese at all, instead just some signs and characters. If you don't want it that way, is there any way to fix it? (get the japanese letters).

AndyPandy
Aug 21, 2004, 05:51 AM
On 2004-08-21 01:49, Arislan wrote:
::quotes his above post::

That means, NO patch, NO version, nothing. All Japanese.

Damn....you changed your tune didnt you.

Arislan
Aug 21, 2004, 06:44 AM
Well, he asked the same question twice.
First time, I nicely answer.
Second, I bluntly answer.
Third, I hit you over the head with a blunt object.

If you mean about the patch itself, Broomop did make a patch. It translates the first menu (Item Pack, Options, Mag, etc) and the first screen of status, that's it. And it gets killed every time Sega updates the file-list. So it's not much of a workable patch, and not legal in any case.

And if you have installed the IME for Japanese Text Input so you can actually *type* ingame, you have, of course, the fonts necessary to read Japanese text, so it won't be boxes or weird symbols.

el_mattso
Aug 21, 2004, 06:53 AM
Ok. I might be kind of anoying, but do you have any idea where I can get the japanese font files?

P.S.
I'm thankfull to all of your answers that you posted this far
D.S.

GothicAngel
Aug 21, 2004, 07:03 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82963&forum=1&511

el_mattso
Aug 21, 2004, 07:17 AM
Ah, found it.

Eanae
Aug 21, 2004, 08:09 AM
On 2004-08-21 00:44, el_mattso wrote:
Ok. But what about a english-language patch?
Or something like that?

There is. I can't tell you how to get it. It's against the rules. I personally don't use it, and I suggest you live with it in english.

Arislan
Aug 21, 2004, 08:24 AM
And again, as I said above, Eanae:

If you mean about the patch itself, Broomop did make a patch. It translates the first menu (Item Pack, Options, Mag, etc) and the first screen of status, that's it. And it gets killed every time Sega updates the file-list. So it's not much of a workable patch, and not legal in any case.

el_mattso
Aug 21, 2004, 09:29 AM
Can I play with my account on other clients on other computers? And is there a Linux version?

rena-ko
Aug 21, 2004, 09:44 AM
nope, no linux or mac version.
try to emulate windows, maybe it works.

you have to set up your client with your HL. it doesnt go like "what HL do you want to use today?".
go figure the rest or simply try it.

KaFKa
Aug 21, 2004, 09:44 AM
On 2004-08-21 07:29, el_mattso wrote:
Can I play with my account on other clients

this is a server-side game. think for a second,n00by.

on other computers?

look above.

And is there a Linux version?

why the fuck would ST make a linux game?

el_mattso
Aug 21, 2004, 11:16 AM
Yes, emulating might work, I think that I will try it.

Cynric
Aug 21, 2004, 11:17 AM
The HL will be diredtly tied to your gameID. As long as you log in with your username and password, you can play your account on any computer with any (fully updated) client, and still have your characyters.

el_mattso
Aug 22, 2004, 09:33 AM
Can somebody please translate the menu that shows up
after that you pushed the enter button?

Cynric
Aug 22, 2004, 10:23 AM
White Menu:

Play
Website
Options
Credits
Quit

Ingame Main Menu:

Play (requires gameID)
Quit
Patch Server (use this often)
Enter gameID
gameID being used (not selectable)

JohanCC
Aug 22, 2004, 10:23 AM
The one with the title screen or before that?

The first screen after opening BB reads:

Game Start
Official Site
Options
Staff Roll (Credits)
Cancel (Quit)

Then, on the title screen (I can't read kanji very well, but I know what all the buttons do.):

Start Game (greyed until you enter your user ID and pass)
Quit Game
-Yes
-No
Patch Download
ID Login
-User ID
-Password
(Then in yellow it says your ID at bottom.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohanCC on 2004-08-22 08:35 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Aug 22, 2004, 10:26 AM
On 2004-08-22 07:33, el_mattso wrote:
Can somebody please translate the menu that shows up
after that you pushed the enter button?

and is this not in the suport sticky?

dont ask anymore quesitions till you have read that and the faq

JohanCC
Aug 22, 2004, 10:37 AM
On 2004-08-22 08:23, Cynric wrote:
White Menu:

Play
Website
Options
Credits
Quit

Ingame Main Menu:

Play (requires gameID)
Quit
Patch Server (use this often)
Enter gameID
gameID being used (not selectable)

Grrr you beat me

Gjl
Aug 22, 2004, 10:41 AM
On 2004-08-21 09:16, el_mattso wrote:
Yes, emulating might work, I think that I will try it.

Just give up please... Even if you COULD emulate the game you would need a fucking super computer to run it at even a half acceptable speed.

el_mattso
Aug 22, 2004, 10:49 AM
So you think that Windows is faster than Linux?

Stan64
Aug 22, 2004, 11:04 AM
If you are asking all these questions chanses are that you never ever will understand which libraries to setup with your favourite emulator to run a 3d game. You will also need good drivers and very good libraries.

Emulating is never 100%. And emulating larger things causes more errors and slowdowns. Of course the original platform is faster for that purpose than something that tries to emulate.

anwserman
Aug 22, 2004, 11:08 AM
On 2004-08-22 08:49, el_mattso wrote:
So you think that Windows is faster than Linux?

Give it up, please give it up.
You have no idea what you're talking about. No, I'm not saying that Windows is faster then Linux, or vice-versa, but EMULATION IS WHAT IS SLOW YOU DIPSHIT. Think how fast it takes to translate something from one language to another? Now, do that times billions times a second with a computer program (such as a Windows app being emulated on Linux) and THATS WHY HE SAID IT WOULD BE SLOW.

BECAUSE IT HAS TO TRANSLATE BILLIONS OF WINDOWS COMMANDS INTO SOMETHING LINUX CAN ACTUALLY USE!

I wouldn't cope an attitude, but your stubborness seems to amaze me.

el_mattso
Aug 22, 2004, 11:32 AM
I'm using windows my self. It was just that I have a friend that uses Linux and when I told him about the game he wandered if he could emulate it on Linux.

anwserman
Aug 22, 2004, 11:35 AM
On 2004-08-22 09:32, el_mattso wrote:
I'm using windows my self. It was just that I have a friend that uses Linux and when I told him about the game he wandered if he could emulate it on Linux.

In theory you could, but you'd have to emulate DirectX and then Blue Burst... you'd get less then 1 FPS assuming perfect emulation.

You'd be better off finding an old PC with Windows on it and dedicate it to BB instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

el_mattso
Aug 22, 2004, 12:15 PM
I don't know what to do. I cant enter the signup-page. And I'm pretty shure that the FAQ doesn't say anythig about that.

el_mattso
Aug 23, 2004, 02:57 PM
Ok. I've fixed that problem. But now I have an another. My internet browser doesn't support japanese. What should I do? Do you guys kow any browser that do support japanese?

Midnight
Aug 23, 2004, 03:38 PM
IE:

Tools
Internet Options
Languages
Add
Choose Japanese
Move to top

Firefox:

Tools
Options
General
Languages
Select Japanese
Move to top, its done

el_mattso
Aug 25, 2004, 10:47 AM
Thanks man.

el_mattso
Aug 25, 2004, 11:50 AM
I got a new problem.
I wrote my E-mail adress twice and got the mail.
I checked the link and got to the page where I followed the tutorialhttp://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82871&forum=1&8.
I wrote three diffrent names but when I wanted to proceed a message box poped up and it said something in japanese. It didn't contain any numbers (it did when I wrote something wrong, like to few letters or something like that). So I don't know what to do.

Cynric
Aug 25, 2004, 01:18 PM
Post a picture of the form and the error. That'll help us help you.

Is your name in kanji/kana? In the four boxes where you have to fill out your name, go to http://www.world.altavista.com and translate a name into the corresponding languages. Then copy/paste the example address it gives you into the text box, and fill out the rest of the form in half-width alphanumerical.

el_mattso
Aug 26, 2004, 11:58 AM
Ok. Thanks for the help. But I'm still very confused.
The tutorial says this and the FAQ says that and she says a third thing and you say a forth, so what about a new tutorial that contains evrything anyone need to register?