PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else excited about...

watashiwa
Jun 22, 2002, 05:01 PM
The thought of Episode 2 offline quests?!

I mean, can you just imagine all the new quests that will be there for Episode 2?

At least, I hope they make a whole slew of quests for Episode 2. If they don't, I might flip out and kill the whole town.

I'm also very excited about the possibility of new Battle mode rules and stages for Episode 2 and/or Challenge mode stages.

Mmm, time to get introduced to a whole new NPC cast in the Episode 2 world. RAmarls, HUcaseals and FOmar NPCs, yep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-06-22 15:03 ]</font>

rbf2000
Jun 22, 2002, 05:09 PM
I'm not too sure about offline quests. The GCN memory card is just so small, and most of it is already taken up by the character. Maybe they are counting on the 251 for offline quests...

watashiwa
Jun 22, 2002, 05:11 PM
On 2002-06-22 15:09, rbf2000 wrote:
I'm not too sure about offline quests. The GCN memory card is just so small, and most of it is already taken up by the character.

Someone's forgetting about the offline quests that are on the GD-ROM in PSO version 1 and 2.

I am not talking about the downloadable ones. I'm talking about the slew of quests that come with the game.

Jesus Christ. >.>

Defend
Jun 22, 2002, 06:09 PM
Battle mode.. that's where I want the work done. I get this feeling though, that they're not gonna change any of the rules. So I'm not exactly looking forward to it...
My main complaint is that there wasn't enough freedom in how you wanted to battle. Especially when it came to wanting to keep levels, without being forced to do teams. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The way I see it.. BA mode should use the various "rules" as a base for how you wanna battle. But THEN let you set the parameters for how you'd like to fight.

As in, you'd pick:
Style 1 for basic large deathmatch
Style 2, basic small deathmatch
Style 3, warp deathmatch, keep weapons
Style 4, 'tricky' meseta battle, friendly traps
Style 5, large meseta battle/last man standing DM (same thing in rule 5)
Style 6, confined deathmatch
Style 7, meseta CTF, OR
Style 8, random explosions deathmatch.

THEN having decided on a rule/style, the leader would set:

1. Area
2. Time limit (with lives increasing pro rata)
3. Teams
4. Keep or reset levels (resetting to suit the current difficulty - I thought it was a bit dumb how the items would get set to say, ULT weapons, but you're all still level 2.)

So you could pick Style 2, and like Rule 2, have a basic battle map laid out, in the level of choice. Pick Style 4 in Caves 2 on Ult mode, keep levels, and set your teams. Now you've got a meseta battle where traps are owner-friendly, that you can play with your fully beefed up character, on teams, for 20 minutes if you like.

The leader would set the options, and if there was just a feature let everyone confirm that choice, it would work fairly smooth. Things like weapons dropped, friendly traps, or unkillable baddies would default to how PSO currently has them; or change if the majority had voted (hidden to avoid delays) for it by the time the settings were confirmed.
Eg if 3/4 people select "baddies on" before everyone confirmed, then rule 4 in caves could include Ob Lillies. =D

THAT'S what I'd really be looking forward to, standard BA modes across all levels, with a good set of options.

All they would have to do is use fences, walls, warps etc to modify the selected area to suit the each rule. I mean it wouldn't be hard to turn a part of Forest into a Rule 6 style battle, or Caves into a big explosive trap-hell field (rule 8 sucked imo though). Same goes for the rest of the levels and rules. Apart from that, they'd just have modify a bunch of options.

While they're there they could add some bloody simple options like "Lobby" for people other than the leader, "Spectate or lobby" for dead peeps, "Change settings/teams" without having to reload the level, and an "Are you sure?" when the leader chooses battle again. Damn that would be useful!

They could add more styles, fine. But just laying it out like that would be sweeeet... Then I'd be in battling-heaven. Its not too much to ask is it??

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Defend on 2002-06-22 16:16 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Jun 22, 2002, 06:19 PM
I'm really looking forward to that too... I'd really like to see how the story will go on and what happenned after you defeated Dark Falz. Hey, in Episode 2, is Pioneer 2 Ultimate style looking or like Vhard- I also wonder if the new stages will have alternate Ultimate mode stages. That'd be awesome. I have a feeling they really did added that but we'll have to wait and see... A month and a half to wait... man it seems so long, and it comes right when school starts =P Watashiwa, oviously you ordered it import right lol? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Zio
Jun 22, 2002, 06:34 PM
dr. montegue is so sexy.
>_>
<_<

DarthWufei
Jun 22, 2002, 06:48 PM
Wata, are the Episode I offline quests still around? I hope ST didn't forget about the people who haven't even touched PSO before. @_@ I can't wait to get the whole story in one swoop. Wheee.

watashiwa
Jun 22, 2002, 07:02 PM
On 2002-06-22 16:19, Rubesahl wrote:
Hey, in Episode 2, is Pioneer 2 Ultimate style looking or like Vhard- I also wonder if the new stages will have alternate Ultimate mode stages. That'd be awesome. I have a feeling they really did added that but we'll have to wait and see... A month and a half to wait... man it seems so long, and it comes right when school starts =P Watashiwa, oviously you ordered it import right lol? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Pioneer 2 looks the same as it did in Episode 1 in non-ultimate form, most likely because you can't select the Ultimate mode difficulty yet...

And, yeah, I imported.

To the guy who asked if the offline quests from Episode I will remain in the Gamecube version, I honestly don't see why they would be removed.

Parn
Jun 22, 2002, 07:08 PM
New quests in episode 2 is precisely what I'm anticipating. Hence the reason why I'm actually not disappointed that I won't be able to go online until the broadband adapter's release, as I'll have plenty of time to fully explore the offline mode.

I'm looking forward to all sorts of new hidden items accessible through the offline quests like before.

SMOKU_9X
Jun 22, 2002, 07:11 PM
It maybe delayed, because ST stated that they would improve the games physics a bit after the truckload of complaints that came in after the trial version was shown at E3. Though I hope I'm wrong about the delay.

Gradius
Jun 22, 2002, 07:16 PM
Yeah. New quests will be something to do until BBA comes out. And hopefully there will be rares from them.

Ziggy-san
Jun 22, 2002, 07:37 PM
On 2002-06-22 17:11, SMOKU_9X wrote:
It maybe delayed, because ST stated that they would improve the games physics a bit after the truckload of complaints that came in after the trial version was shown at E3. Though I hope I'm wrong about the delay.

Aaa, but is that neccessarily a bad thing? Hell, they may be completely overhauling the old system of fighting and maybe making it easier to use with the GameCube's controls. If so, then I think it'd be worth the wait. Still, I REALLY need to find something to do until it's realeased, keke.

Defend
Jun 22, 2002, 07:46 PM
LOL whole story in one swoop..

Who wants to break it to him.....?

PSO isn't famous for its plot, mate. hehehe

Wren
Jun 23, 2002, 10:48 PM
On 2002-06-22 15:01, watashiwa wrote:
The thought of Episode 2 offline quests?!

I mean, can you just imagine all the new quests that will be there for Episode 2?

At least, I hope they make a whole slew of quests for Episode 2. <Font> If they don't, I might flip out and kill the whole town.</Font>

I'm also very excited about the possibility of new Battle mode rules and stages for Episode 2 and/or Challenge mode stages.

Mmm, time to get introduced to a whole new NPC cast in the Episode 2 world. RAmarls, HUcaseals and FOmar NPCs, yep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-06-22 15:03 ]</font>

Wata...have you been visiting http://www.RealUltimatePower.net alot lately...it sounds like you are trying to be a ninja

Nendaiki
Jun 23, 2002, 10:57 PM
Does anyone else find Ultimate mode to be more of an alternate universe than a more difficult one? I mean, all the monsters are different, and like, if you look where the blue sky is off the sides of P2, well, buildings are there in the other modes...
Um, but who will replace MOME?

Sleet1
Jun 24, 2002, 12:04 AM
o god, i remember MOME. that little bastard dude...

And i really hope they dont have to redo a WHOLE lot of things, im really looking foward to a Aug 8 Import date. i plan on playing online during the morning and night and offline during the day while my parents at work... cant wait until BBA so i can play online whever i wanted.. anywayz, everyone pray its an aug8 release date!

Spy
Jun 24, 2002, 12:06 AM
I sure hope they bring back that wonderful Mr. Mome!

Sleet1
Jun 24, 2002, 12:15 AM
Pray dammit!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jun 24, 2002, 01:15 AM
I'm anxious to see new challenge stages. Since it'll all be new, we'll get to see new leaders stand up (or not =>_>=;).

I'll be sure to check out the offline quests to get tidbits of sub-plot and npc action. Of course I'll be looking for secrets and be talking to all the NPCs on Pioneer 2.

Battle mode isn't really my thing--I just like the music.

Sleet1
Jun 24, 2002, 01:19 AM
The only thing i use Battle for is to go into Forest or Cave or whatever in a Battle game. that is some FUN battling!

MetalGriever
Jun 24, 2002, 04:38 AM
I'm sure the offline quests in e2 are going to be great. Plus, I'm sure they'll have a slew of new monster weapons for Dr. Montague to create like the Sinow Beryl kunckles. But the special would either be gifoie or the stealth camouflage they use. Neither of which would be all that useful. Hey wata, when are you usually on GC PSO? I can't seem to find you anywhere.

Wewt
Jun 24, 2002, 07:48 AM
I really do hope they do something about the offline quests. I really enjoyed those when I first played V1, more so than I enjoyed the online mode. Mainly because of the quests where I had to protect the NPC from being killed. As I was a HUcast it was alot harder than using a magic user, I couldn't heal the NPC that much...10 star atomisers had to be used properly. Anything that wasn't just mindless killing from the quests were fun for me.
Though Endless Nightmare style quests should still be available to those who race to level up fast.

SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl
Jun 24, 2002, 12:08 PM
OMG I LOVED the endless series.I loved going to v-hard with my FOmarl and bringing in mech guns killing everything.I buy all my mech guns at the shop which are good %'s at random chances.The real trill will mcome when I do part ll and a load of monsters will gang up on me being with differnt stats.Ah,lol..i've been gone awhile cuz my phone line decided to die out on me >.>..