PDA

View Full Version : We started Band Camp this week..

InfinityXXX
Aug 20, 2004, 11:26 PM
I made a rant about band camp a few weeks ago but i'm to afraid to reply to it because i don't know if its tooo old plus I made the old one before i went to band camp, this rant explains my first 5 days at band camp.....

Last year at band i was a freshman and my old band director had a rule that section leaders were based off how good you played and each section leader worries about his/her section well this year i'm an upperclassman and we have a new band director and he has it to where section leaders are based off grade and last name which is STUPID because some of the dumbest and low skilled players have become section. One of the sectionleaders don't even know his scale!
I am a trumpet player and when we stand at attention(meaning standing still with your gut sucked in while holding your instrument in the air for 30 minutes or more) its pretty hard especially when your just standig there. Well today i was standing at attention and i let my arms down for a BIT and put them up and this saxaphone section leader comes up to me 30 seconds later and says "stop slacking, hold your instrument higher"( now before i say my harsh reply i'll let you nonband players know that saxaphones when standing at attention just sit there, they don't have to hold a 20 pound instrument for 30 minutes plus this kid is the kid who doesn't know his Bflat scale which evry musician learns in there firt year of band and he's a section leader! Which mean hes been walkin around expecting pple to bow down to him.Plus my minor instrument is a saxaphone and i can play the saxaphone better than this fool) I then reply(god forgive me for these words, i repent) "Get the f**** out my face before i shove this trumpet down your throat, u get yo lazy tail over here and hold this for 30 minutes straight! Mind yo own damn bizznaaaz" He then says hes gonna report me to the band director and i say "GO ahead i don't care, you'll be doing me a favor if he kicks me out of this band because i hate it here"

Then we had a drill down which i got myself purposely eliminated since i did not want to be crowned most outstanding band geek of the year.(If u see my sorry lowskilled pathetic excuses for musicians band u'll know why i call them geeks because these people look like the band people you see getting made fun of in the movies. Drill downs are competitions where we see who can do the most commands without messing up. People who mess up are eliminated from the drill down. The last one standing wins.) Anyways when we get eliminated out of the drill down we were suppose to stand at parade rest(with your left arm behind your back which makes no sense plus evryone wasn't doing it anyways) I did not even know this so i started talking to my friend when that same dumbass nerdy saxaphone player and his jackass friend whos also section leader who can't play worth s*** comes up to me and yells "Get to parade rest". My friend says that "you guys aren't drum majors so hush" they then say "new rule, section leaders can tell the band what to do, we can give u push ups if we wanted to. I say "I'll be damned if i let one of you two suckyass players tell me to do pushups" Then they say" Get on the ground now" I say "Kiss my azz b***** i don't like your tone and u can go run to the director and tell him my exact qoute" they then run away and gossip and i go bout my business and so far nothing has been said bout this incident.

Now i didn't want to be in band this year but somehow i was dragged into it due to an idiotic counselor. So this year i'm lookin to get kicked out and personally i admit it, i walk around with a "I don't give a f****" attitude. I'm the only trumpet player that can play my parts and i can play bettr than any of the band memebers in my band(no, i'm not kidding i'm dead serious. This is how bad my band sounds) Anyways i'll explain how i dress to each band camp practice I wear a button up shirt with my collar up(my mom hates how i have my collar up but thats my style and evryone knows me as that type of person) with wrinkly cargo shorts or pants I have yellow cat eyes contacts with two earpiercings and a tongue piercing. People automaticlly stereoptype me as one of the people "who hates the world and the people in it". We had us a 2nd drill down and i made it to where it was me and this one kid whos really nice and i actually respect him. I don't like being the center of attention and I didn't want to be crowned most outstanding band geek so after a few commands i walked off the field ad told the kid that I don't feel like doing anymore drill downs. As soon as i walk off all of those unskilled kiniving bitches a.k.a section leaders start saying that i think i'm to cool and i'm mister badass.

I have lots more to say but I just came back from band camp so i'm tired. The theme of my post is Never trust unskilled low talented dorky no life having other than this band section leader bitches and whoes and they can kiss my ass and lick it while they at it because i can't stand non of yall fukwads!!!!!!!!!

ShadowNINJA007
Aug 21, 2004, 05:34 PM
d00d, sux for you.
My friends try to make the best at band camp, like pulling pranks, doing stupid stuff, and anything funny. Ignore the fact that it's 'band camp' and look at it as a summer camp with lots of stupid stuff to do after playing your instrumament (sp?)