PDA

View Full Version : Is ST doing anything?

TheWeeOne
Aug 20, 2004, 11:48 PM
Plz read entire msg before posting http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

okay so ever since this new report form has come out, me & my friends have been nabbing anyone we can since we hate spammers and such, and I feel overall there is less spamming.

Now to the real issue. Cheating. Duping, hacking, stacking, maxing, AR codes. All horrible practices. I want to know if ST is going to do anything about these such things. I think it's horrible that ppl can make teams named "dupe&trd" or "trd hacks" or even "teachme2dupe" these are obvious giveaways that someone is definitely cheating.

Now I know ST can actually prove that someone or something is not legit, but I think ST should be able to nail ppl who have common dupes, stuff like the 20 hit bkb and the 35 hit dbl cannon. If not that at least get rid of hacks like 300% weapons and 1304 mags.

You're probably all thinking "but PSO plus will change that". I, however, don't think that any cheater is going to buy a game that he knows will prevent him/her from doing so. If they do well good for them. What I'm saying is that cheater who don't buy plus could easily just go offline to dupe, come back online with said dupe, and do whatever it is that ppl do with dupes. I actuallly hope I'm wrong there, but I guess I'll let you all think about that.

To conclude I was just wondering what ST was going to do (if anything) about this issue.

SpyroDi
Aug 21, 2004, 12:00 AM
They probably won't. Like they haven't done before. I respect you for voicing your views,though.

KaneKahn
Aug 21, 2004, 01:09 AM
On 2004-08-20 21:48, TheWeeOne wrote:
Plz read entire msg before posting http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

okay so ever since this new report form has come out, me & my friends have been nabbing anyone we can since we hate spammers and such, and I feel overall there is less spamming.

Now to the real issue. Cheating. Duping, hacking, stacking, maxing, AR codes. All horrible practices. I want to know if ST is going to do anything about these such things. I think it's horrible that ppl can make teams named "dupe&trd" or "trd hacks" or even "teachme2dupe" these are obvious giveaways that someone is definitely cheating.

Now I know ST can actually prove that someone or something is not legit, but I think ST should be able to nail ppl who have common dupes, stuff like the 20 hit bkb and the 35 hit dbl cannon. If not that at least get rid of hacks like 300% weapons and 1304 mags.

You're probably all thinking "but PSO plus will change that". I, however, don't think that any cheater is going to buy a game that he knows will prevent him/her from doing so. If they do well good for them. What I'm saying is that cheater who don't buy plus could easily just go offline to dupe, come back online with said dupe, and do whatever it is that ppl do with dupes. I actuallly hope I'm wrong there, but I guess I'll let you all think about that.

To conclude I was just wondering what ST was going to do (if anything) about this issue.

Sonic Team hasn't done anything about those in the past... As for the PSO Plus it might be why Sonic Team made it in the 1st place http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif To be like PSO:BB LEGIT http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jack
Aug 21, 2004, 04:30 AM
Well they did just patch the user generated FSOD tricks for both games.

Getintothegame
Aug 21, 2004, 04:41 AM
I just read about that, and I got to say that I'm extremely impressed they did that.

Sonic Team seems to now know that PSO players want what they pay for... Hopefully they start taking care of other problems in the game.

Hrith
Aug 21, 2004, 07:44 AM
you cannot ban people with "common dupes", for two reasons:
1) some people are just victims, they are new to the game and they receive a present from a player at a higher Lv; not knowing it's a hack/dupe, not even knowing the rarity of the said present.

2) one might find a legit one with exact same percents...

As for 1304 Mags, they can give a one day banning, like they did on v2.
300% weapons are hard to tell by a machine, since they are actually weapons with 100% on the same stats 3 times, and it is "possible" to have 100% on 3 areas. They'd need to do case by case checking, which is absolutely unlikely.

I do not think they should be too strict about hackers that do not harm the game (which excludes FSODers, etc.), because a game cannot be 100% legit, you need some diversity; besides you always need a reference to be compared to, even a negative one.

TheWeeOne
Aug 21, 2004, 02:06 PM
Well thank you all for posting. I'm glad to see others who feel like I do.

Now to get to why I posted this in the first place. I was on deneb 9 last night, I joined a game. I thought that these guys were legit. One of the 2 players asked if I had a certain weapon. I did and said yes. He wanted to trade. I figured there'd be no harm if he had something I wanted (legit of course). I popped the weapon into the trade box thingie and then waited. Suddenly he put up all these dupes, hacks, and all the rings (meaning the banned ones as well). I closed the trade window down and told him that I thought he was legit and I began to leave. He then demanded that I give him the weapon he wanted or he would corrupt me. I said no and soft reseted for extra insurance, and since I didn't want to play with them anyway. Even though I still hv my weapon and I didn't corrupt, I'm still angry that things like this can happen.

Kef is right, some dupe user don't know any better. I know that I had played offline for a year before going online. I even used dupes for a bit until I discovered what I was doing. So Kef is right there.

It just ticks me off to see these nonlegits go around flashing all these weapons, some of which I have legitly, that we work so hard to get. They have to do virtually nothing. Instead of having to build their power, it's handed to them on a platter for them to do whatever they wish with it.

Jason
Aug 21, 2004, 02:21 PM
I totally agree with how you are feeling about this, I'm feeling the same way. I don't like it if somebody don't think I'm legit if I have such a weapon that is hard to earn legitly. That gives me less pride of owning such a weapon that some may think what I'm using is not legit. Here's one solution: To not care what others think. Let's keep the pride to ourselves.

Hrith
Aug 21, 2004, 05:35 PM
Exactly, Jason, I have a Guld Milla, Sange & Yasha and a Lv 200 char, 3 good reasons to be labeled a "cheater" of some sort.
So I just ignore them, when it happens -- which is rare fortunately, since I only play with trustworthy friends.

Shigecki
Aug 21, 2004, 06:02 PM
The main problem I see with banning hackers or others of this sort is the mass of users that use hacks.

I'm on XBox and the most populated ship is the one that house hacks, cheats and annoying kids. Getting rid of these users would mean the possible end to PSO XBox, simply because of the amount of cheaters there are in the game.

I can't speak for GC, but I have a feeling it's the same over there. It is unfortunate but true. Without the hackers there might not be a PSO right now in America.

The best way around this is to just play with people you can trust and play the way you like.

Asura_UK
Aug 21, 2004, 08:54 PM
I just go online now to see what people are talking about in the lobby. The only way you can enjoy the game the way it was intended is by playing offline mode. The PSO online community are a bunch of idiots that prefer cheating to playing a game.

Deuce
Aug 21, 2004, 09:19 PM
If ST gets rid of hacks and prevents hacking/duping, some of the people that play will quit because they have no items left. Therefor ST loses money. They will never cause themselves to lose money.

Jack
Aug 22, 2004, 05:20 AM
On 2004-08-21 18:54, Asura_UK wrote:
I just go online now to see what people are talking about in the lobby. The only way you can enjoy the game the way it was intended is by playing offline mode. The PSO online community are a bunch of idiots that prefer cheating to playing a game.
You're taking the piss, aren't you? The way it was intended was to make new friends and play with people across the world, with no language barrier constraints. I fail to see how farting about in offline mode accomplishes this.

Jkid
Aug 22, 2004, 09:29 AM
On 2004-08-21 16:02, Shigecki wrote:
I'm on XBox and the most populated ship is the one that house hacks, cheats and annoying kids. Getting rid of these users would mean the possible end to PSO XBox, simply because of the amount of cheaters there are in the game.

Without the hackers there might not be a PSO right now in America.

Sonic team has to make a choice, even if it means losing money. Serve the good customers, or leave the server as it is. If I was the servermaster, I would serve the good customers.

You can always do an ad campagin to replace the cheaters with good customers.

Asura_UK
Aug 22, 2004, 01:31 PM
On 2004-08-22 03:20, Jack wrote:

On 2004-08-21 18:54, Asura_UK wrote:
You're taking the piss, aren't you? The way it was intended was to make new friends and play with people across the world, with no language barrier constraints. I fail to see how farting about in offline mode accomplishes this.

I know you are supposed to play with other people. But everyone cheats now. Read what I said. What I mean is if you play offline you are safe from cheaters and can play properly.

Superguppie
Aug 22, 2004, 01:39 PM
Well, I don't think I have much to add to this, except I am getting sick and tired of the argument that ST will loose money by banning the detectable cheats. I have seen several friends leave because of it.
My guess is the majority of the dupe/hack users will play in what ever way is available. So if cheats are effectively fought, they'll happily go for what is left.
I hope someone at ST realizes this. OR enough legit people start using that pretty form they have to complain. If enought paying customers do that, I'm sure that money will talk...

Joshie
Aug 22, 2004, 02:39 PM
On 2004-08-20 21:48, TheWeeOne wrote:

.....dude you make me sound like im a fag.....
i do use cheats and codes, but i also play legitly with my other chars. Just because i cheat does not mean i dont play without Dignity, and Honor.

TheWeeOne
Aug 22, 2004, 09:50 PM
On 2004-08-22 12:39, Joshie wrote:
.....dude you make me sound like im a fag.....
i do use cheats and codes, but i also play legitly with my other chars. Just because i cheat does not mean i dont play without Dignity, and Honor.

I wasn't talking about the way you play. It's the fact that when you get your HL you have to agree to a contract that states you will play the game on ST's terms (without using cheats; playing the game as it was meant to be played). You go against that legal agreement when you cheat. But that's as far as I'll go there. Basically I'm just letting you know what you're doing is wrong, I'm not name calling or complaing specifically to any single person. That's as deep as it goes.

Now on to the issue, I also think It's a crock that ST will lose money. By riding PSO of all detectable cheats, you basically go back in time about a year minus maxing. they haven't gained enough customers since then to really matter that much. they'd lose chump change.

ombres
Aug 23, 2004, 11:38 AM
Well for my part cheating and all those thing always make the game a lot more boring! I do not know how to cheat and dupe and I don't want to ever know.
Someday I will hunt for rare stuff like the unsealed Jsword and it will take the time to heunt for it, if it take years that good I will have years of fun!!!
Of course I will not do only that but like some run a day and play someone else or hunting something else!!
I am and I will always be proud of all my find!!! and I will hunt for them all, good or not just to see how they look and the joy of have them!!!

Bad
Aug 25, 2004, 01:29 AM
St has been steadily making new pso's...but they still havent fixed the previous versions...dont you guys understand...ST has one concern..money ..they dont give a damn about dupes etc.. as long as their pockets stay fat....they would never make any type of financial move that would cause them to lose 1 cent

SLON
Aug 25, 2004, 07:19 AM
How many people were lost to PSO after being continually PKed or NOLed in V1 and V2? If these cheat codes were still in use I would have never bought PSO Ep 1 & 2.
It seems Sega won't ignore cheats that really hurt the game, but aren't too bothered about those that are minor.

Bad
Aug 25, 2004, 01:23 PM
heh...NOL was a big problem.....heh...i loved it

darkholemind
Aug 29, 2004, 02:39 PM
I was just wondering what ST was going to do (if anything) about this issue[quote]

Sonic team won't do anything because as far as their concerned we are dead to them. They've moved on to BB and E3. I had some guy hack my serial number through my guild card (don't ask how he got that) then said it aloud in the lobby with like twenty people there. Btw it was HIM who did it. MY white hat hacker friend BT complained to sega and he got a 1 day ban. The next day he was back in the lobbies spamming @_@ ...Like many of you have said as long as we subscribe and continue to give money they could care less. Sad thing is we'll keep paying them.

Ryu_4
Aug 30, 2004, 10:19 AM
i got tired of reading everything that everyone else said...but heres what i think....
ST really doesnt care about this game as long as they are getting their 9$ a month from all there players they wont really care what happens in the game unless something very terrible is happening like someone is going around dropping ships which i really dont see happen for the fact Main "hackers" have been taken care of becuase the program they use has been taken away from them... these "hackers" inclue InfamousNugz "Nugz.Tk", Domestic, and Chy'nami "aka Adri" these are main threats and they were using a proxxy server made by a real hacker that goes by the name of Myria...myria quit pso a long time ago but allowed these 3 to use her/his proxxy server even after she/he left...Myria found out that these 3 were messing with the proxxy to much and trying to show off so she shut the proxxy down thus Most fear can be relieved.

I hope everyone read my reply...it holds very valuable Facts and may get old players to come back to the game that left for reasons of unlegit players =n_n=